what is wrong with dairy queen staff.

meatboy

the last couple of months i fancied a change from swensens,the wife usually buys 3 tubs diff.flavours.

so i tried dairy queen and found it ok.so the wife went back and asked for 3 take home tubs only to be told not once but three times it will melt quickly before you get home.they had no foil bags or ice,but the wife has always got a foil bag with her.the one inside tesco on mittrapap rd.the girl kept telling its melts too quick,and yesterday the girl in the mall kept telling her the same.

so lets see if we can get a reply from dairy queen as to why your staff are more or less telling punters not to buy their large tubs of ice cream because it will melt before you get home, when it cleary says on them TAKE HOME in big white letters on a blue background.

One of the girls at our local Dairy Queen @ TESCO is hot.

MissFarmGirl teases me by sitting nearby when we have Lunch.

The little bugger just keeps one eye on me and has that wistful smile that only she has ... laugh.png

what's a wistful smile.

No idea why they wrote "Take Home" on them but probably they don't want customers to take it home because it melts and after being frozen again will become hard icecream instead of fluffy soft ? That might ruin their good name.

Personell in such shops is not allowed to think themselves. I would just order the ice, pay it and walk away. I don't go into discussions or try to teach them something.

The little bugger just keeps one eye on me and has that wistful smile that only she has ... laugh.png

what's a wistful smile.

Tom, an expression maybe not used in your country?

pauline-black-dp-916278318.jpg

Or, for a bit more fun ...

gahan-wilson-that-s-right-keep-that-same

david,

same in big c sakaeo

ones bloody lovely

Vaguely on topic and totally sexist but there is definitely a trend to cute young hotties working the DQ outlets.

IMHO they are quite the AirAsia of fastfoods in that regard.

I have absolutely no idea what the stuff they sell tastes like either.

well nan the hoty working inside tesco has a face like a screwed up wet flanel.

actually its not bad as long as it hasnt melted,rum and raison,almond and caramel,plain with strawberry sauce.

i will have to have a look at the bird in the mall and check her topping.

mind you the mrs.said she has a face like thunder.but who looks at the mantle shelf when pokeing the fire.

• Like 1

get off your ass and get it yourself.

your wife is apparently unqualified for such a purchase.

she knows what i likerolleyes.gif she's well qualified with a degree in catering.

as for getting off my ass them days are over.biggrin.png

No idea why they wrote "Take Home" on them but probably they don't want customers to take it home because it melts and after being frozen again will become hard icecream instead of fluffy soft ? That might ruin their good name.

Personell in such shops is not allowed to think themselves. I would just order the ice, pay it and walk away. I don't go into discussions or try to teach them something.

I purchased an Ice cream cake a month back from DQ.

Took it home, no melting, it was great.

Chocolate and vanilla with nuts sprinkled on top 355bht.

PS

Anyone notices how small all the DQ girls are?

(Svensons girls too)

Edited by AnotherOneAmerican

Same here, bought a birthday cake, 20 minute drive home, still solid on arrival.

Maybe the staff concerned have had bad reactions or angry people who have had things melt of a particular product and dont want to face that again so just stop selling that product for "take-home".

what's a wistful smile.

"You take Home?" She said with a wistful smile...

Happens all the time here in the land of smiles... coffee1.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Vaguely on topic and totally sexist but there is definitely a trend to cute young hotties working the DQ outlets.

IMHO they are quite the AirAsia of fastfoods in that regard.

I have absolutely no idea what the stuff they sell tastes like either.

A bit like Swensen's I've been told........................wink.png

I buy DQ take home every time that I go. I buy the tubs that are already frozen and stored in the ice cream cake freezer. It's hard as a rock. I try to put it in the bag that has cold products and put it inside the truck out of the sun.. By the time that I get home, 65 kilometers, its just right to eat, about the consistency of the stuff right out of the machine. I then pop it in the freezer.

Edited by wayned

I honestly have never looked at those girls of DQ, but i always see the fat ones going there to buy icecream and that makes me chuckle.

I brought an icecream machine into Thailand myself and just yoghurt with namdocmai is good enough for us, i like my queen to stay slim thats why.

• Like 1