Yamaha grand Filano 2014

nok_dan2000

• 2 months later...

Anyone know of a Yamaha dealer that is willing to buy a used scooter as part of the purchase for a new one? I've been eyeing the this new Grand Filano and want one, but don't want to hassle with selling the old scooter.

Almost all scooter dealers in Pattaya are willing to trade in your old scooter unless it's an old wreck.

Check min 2-3 dealers before you commit yourself to do a deal, sometimes huge differences in what they offer for your old scout.

I bought it three months ago for my wife, but it's so nice, that I am riding it very often. Very good scooter at this price. A lot of space under the seat, very comfortable seat, alarm system, LED brake lights, a good trip computer which even shows your fuel consumption. The underseat compartment is even equipped with lighting.

And they offer a lot of funny stuff to customize your scoot.

However there is a bug that gets on my nerves - a huge vertical play of the rear brake lever.

Get the lever re-tightened.

Most likely it's a lever inside a c-bracket that can not be tightened in the sense you're talking about. However a shim (washer) can be put between the c-bracket and lever to take up the slack.

Exactly.

I've tried to add a washer, but failed to find one of correct gauge at home.

Get the lever re-tightened.

Most likely it's a lever inside a c-bracket that can not be tightened in the sense you're talking about. However a shim (washer) can be put between the c-bracket and lever to take up the slack.

Exactly.

I've tried to add a washer, but failed to find one of correct gauge at home.

Were the washers you were looking at too thick?

Personally I'd take it down to one of those Somchai working off the concrete pad scooter repair shops. If they don't have an assortment of discarded washers of all thickness and size I don't know who does. And I doubt you could get it cheaper

Anyone know of a Yamaha dealer that is willing to buy a used scooter as part of the purchase for a new one? I've been eyeing the this new Grand Filano and want one, but don't want to hassle with selling the old scooter.

Almost all scooter dealers in Pattaya are willing to trade in your old scooter unless it's an old wreck.

Check min 2-3 dealers before you commit yourself to do a deal, sometimes huge differences in what they offer for your old scout.

Maybe.

But remember 90%+ of the new bike showrooms in Patts are owned by Mityon, with little price deviation.

They own the tent 2nd-hand bike places too, I'm told.

Plus the nice aftermarket shops on South & 3rd roads.

Maybe.

But remember 90%+ of the new bike showrooms in Patts are owned by Mityon, with little price deviation.

They own the tent 2nd-hand bike places too, I'm told.

Plus the nice aftermarket shops on South & 3rd roads.

Ironically, the only bike I ever bought at Mityon is a 113 c.c. Yamaha Filano I bought for my girlfriend. I have bought four motorbikes from Watchara Marine which is located at Theprassit Road and Sukamvit including my latest acquisition, my Yamaha SR 400. This is a good dealer and I've found its pricing to be generally around 1000 baht lower than competing dealers. Watchara sells Yamahas, not Hondas or Suzukis. It has also been selling Triumphs and KTM,s. However due to the recent reorganization of Triumph it will no longer sell Triumphs since in order to do so it would have to become a Triumph only dealer. Several days ago I did another video review on You Tube, this time on the Yamaha Filano.

Edited by jackcorbett

Yes Mityon sits very heavy on the bike market in Pattaya.

They own Honda big wing and Kawasaki big bike right opposite each other and they will likely open a Suzuki big bike shop soon.

I once sold an old Wave125 and after visiting 3 shops, I got the best price at a large Mityon dealer on Sukhumvit, it was 4000 bath more, so I got 15k baht instead of 11k baht.

Watchara Marine is an odd fish, I think they make most of their money on marine Yamaha's, outboard engines, jet ski's and so on. They also sells Yamaha big bikes as

jackcorbett mentioned.

If I was to buy a Yamaha bike I think I would also buy from them, I bought my pcx150 from the Bowin dealer because then they were app 4000 baht cheaper than in Pattaya then, I will never be loyal to any brand or dealer but try getting the best deal.

Sorry a bit off topic.

Yes Mityon sits very heavy on the bike market in Pattaya.

They own Honda big wing and Kawasaki big bike right opposite each other and they will likely open a Suzuki big bike shop soon.

I once sold an old Wave125 and after visiting 3 shops, I got the best price at a large Mityon dealer on Sukhumvit, it was 4000 bath more, so I got 15k baht instead of 11k baht.

Watchara Marine is an odd fish, I think they make most of their money on marine Yamaha's, outboard engines, jet ski's and so on. They also sells Yamaha big bikes as

jackcorbett mentioned.

If I was to buy a Yamaha bike I think I would also buy from them, I bought my pcx150 from the Bowin dealer because then they were app 4000 baht cheaper than in Pattaya then, I will never be loyal to any brand or dealer but try getting the best deal.

Sorry a bit off topic.

For the first several days after buying the Yamaha Filano from Mityan I noticed the handling was terrible. It also bottomed out on normal size speed bumps. When I checked the air in the tires I found that there was only around 5 pounds of pressure in both tires, if that much. Needless to say, I promptly filled both tires full of air with my own hand pump. That being said....there were still two other speed bumps that were abnormally high and unless I'd drive over them at less than 1/2 mile an hour, I'd still found the Filano out with my girlfriend riding behind me. If I drove solo I wouldn't have this problem, even on those two speed bumps which the powers that be in these parts finally removed.

Edited by jackcorbett

• 2 weeks later...

Jack, I really enjoy your youtube video reviews, and they have been helpful to me in deciding on my next bike. Good job.

Keemapoot...I'm glad you enjoyed the video. So what bike have you decided upon?

It's a final decision between the Nouvo SX and the Click 125. I only ride it a few times per week, and short distances, but I kind of like the solidity of the underbone Yamaha. Can you tell me if you've noticed big differences when leaning on curves? I recently put down a scooter doing that at a wide roundabout (going a bit fast, and tire slipped and lost grip for some reason -ended up in ER with slight concussion, but had helmet on), but it was a step-through Honda scooter. (BTW, I am a long-time experienced rider, and have owned big bikes and scooters in Thailand).

Anyway, even though I like the convenience of a step-through, and for my limited use really only need something like a Fino, Filano, etc., I feel the larger diameter wheel and maybe underbone design is safer?