Phuket Town Immigration

CFC

Get there 30 minutes early. Stand close to the door and hold your ground. As it gets closer to opening time, late comers will crowd you near the door. When the door opens, the late comers will push aside old crippled men who walk with canes (this my REAL experience) and all the other folk who got there early. If you call the pushers on it, they will give a dirty look followed by derogatory words in a language I am somewhat familiar with, something about lunch and perogies. No problem though. Those pushers usually end up leaving early and without anything. Un-prepared and just plain stupid.

Edited by Shot
  • Like 2

Get there 30 minutes early. Stand close to the door and hold your ground. As it gets closer to opening time, late comers will crowd you near the door. When the door opens, the late comers will push aside old crippled men who walk with canes (this my REAL experience) and all the other folk who got there early. If you call the pushers on it, they will give a dirty look followed by derogatory words in a language I am somewhat familiar with, something about lunch and perogies. No problem though. Those pushers usually end up leaving early and without anything. Un-prepared and just plain stupid.

I cannot say that has ever been my experience over the many years I have reported to the town office. Mind you I never go at door opening time. I go about the 11.00 hour, get my ticket and wait. No idea what all this pushing nonsense it about. Maybe you are getting mixed up with Chiang Mai where I read it very crazy.

I cannot say that has ever been my experience over the many years I have reported to the town office. Mind you I never go at door opening time. I go about the 11.00 hour, get my ticket and wait. No idea what all this pushing nonsense it about. Maybe you are getting mixed up with Chiang Mai where I read it very crazy.

I have been there today. They are rebuilding parts, upstairs is only long term extensions now, the rest is downstairs, where they build real office rooms right now.

If you come for a retirement extension, there are two short time frames now. Queing is just for 30 numbers, immediately after opening and after midday break. A volunteer told me the number contingent is good for about 5 minutes each time, so daily about 60 applications max.

If you come for a 90 days report before your next extension, you should do your "Registration of Residence" before the extension...

if you rent some house/appartment/whatever, you will need a completed residence appl. form, a copy of tabien baan, and a copy of the ID-card of your landlord/lady for registration.

I am afraid of my extension in January... sad.png

post-693-0-69725700-1415206410_thumb.jpg

The application form. Please print out so it fills a A4-page. Best I could get out of the lousy copy and my stoneage scanner. wink.png

P.S.: "Registrar" is your landlord/lady...

Edited by hkt83100

I have been there today. They are rebuilding parts, upstairs is only long term extensions now, the rest is downstairs, where they build real office rooms right now.

If you come for a retirement extension, there are two short time frames now. Queing is just for 30 numbers, immediately after opening and after midday break. A volunteer told me the number contingent is good for about 5 minutes each time, so daily about 60 applications max.

If you come for a 90 days report before your next extension, you should do your "Registration of Residence" before the extension...

if you rent some house/appartment/whatever, you will need a completed residence appl. form, a copy of tabien baan, and a copy of the ID-card of your landlord/lady for registration.

attachicon.gifRegistration of Residence.jpg

The application form. Please print out so it fills a A4-page. Best I could get out of the lousy copy and my stoneage scanner. wink.png

Thanks HKT83100

This is my experience also, They check before renewing your extension if you are registered at the address used in your application.

I just make sure now that i do the registration a few days before the extension.

The registration has to be done after each entry into the country.

Can confirm Phuket immigration is now a virtual madhouse; perhaps they read about the long queues of foreigners early in the morning at Chiang Mai and have copied that system.

Inspection of your papers and personal details by the foreigners in uniforms is now also mandatory to get.

The service now is absolute pants and the stress levels/crowding are high - generally Phuket immigration is now a most unpleasant place to visit now, changed beyond recognition.

Problems all started with the 'crack down' at the borders and now everyone and his dog is there to get extensions, they must be so happy, business is up maybe 300% or more.

Thai staff are the mostly the same crew, who are firm but business-like people and they really don't look too happy at all with their current work load.

Splitting clients into two main areas of long terms/other (which must have happened sometime last week) may help, they really do need extra staff now.

Edited by digitalchromakey

Can confirm Phuket immigration is now a virtual madhouse; perhaps they read about the long queues of foreigners early in the morning at Chiang Mai and have copied that system.

Inspection of your papers and personal details by the foreigners in uniforms is now also mandatory to get.

The service now is absolute pants and the stress levels/crowding are high - generally Phuket immigration is now a most unpleasant place to visit now, changed beyond recognition.

Problems all started with the 'crack down' at the borders and now everyone and his dog is there to get extensions, they must be so happy, business is up maybe 300% or more.

Thai staff are the mostly the same crew, who are firm but business-like people and they really don't look too happy at all with their current work load.

Splitting clients into two main areas of long terms/other (which must have happened sometime last week) may help, they really do need extra staff now.

The split in location (long term extension upstairs and the rest downstairs) started from last Monday.

As with everything it is done without thinking it over and because of that it is currently a mad house.

They are trying to get extra officers for years but without success and due to the crack down on visa runs the work load specially for the long term extension is increased almost 400 %.

Therefore they have now a limit for long term extensions of 30 people in the morning and 30 people in the afternoon. (which is sometimes gone after 10 Minutes)

Also the fact that they are much more strict in the rules like the address registration creates a lot of extra work.

I believe and hope that they are trying to short out the problems but time will tell.

Even the volunteers which normally are friendly and helpful are getting frustrated with the new system and work load.

Now that the 90 Day Report is handled downstairs, where do you get your number for the 90 day report? Upstairs or Downstairs?

As a renter, do I have to complete and present the Registration of Residence when doing the 90 Day Report or just when applying for an extension? I thought this is the responsibility of the owner and the residence would be verified on-line.

And, do I actually have to bring copies of the owner's ID card and the house book?

Thanks for replies.

WOW - that now sounds terrible. And I have to renew my annual extension next month. Never enjoy immigration visits but I thought is was bearable. By limiting tickets to 30 in morning & 30 afternoon they are guaranteeing a big rush each time the doors open. Anyone heard if they will start prebookings online like CM ?

A friend of mine was there for 7 1/2 hours the other day.

He said the rush for the door at opening time was like a rugby scrum with people pushing and shoving with a few nearly coming to blows.

I have never seen him so stressed out. Not too good for the old blood pressure.

I suppose I will get the I've been here for a 100 years and never had a problem brigade.

Now that the 90 Day Report is handled downstairs, where do you get your number for the 90 day report? Upstairs or Downstairs?

As a renter, do I have to complete and present the Registration of Residence when doing the 90 Day Report or just when applying for an extension? I thought this is the responsibility of the owner and the residence would be verified on-line.

And, do I actually have to bring copies of the owner's ID card and the house book?

Thanks for replies.

So far i know they have a ticket system downstairs.

Officially the landlord of the house is responsible for the registration of the tenant which has to be done within 24 hrs of arrival.

For the 90 day reporting the registration is not (yet) checked but the registration has to be done before applying for a long stay extension.

If the registration has to be done a copy of the housebook or rental agreement and copy of the landlord ID card are required. (both signed by the landlord)

WOW - that now sounds terrible. And I have to renew my annual extension next month. Never enjoy immigration visits but I thought is was bearable. By limiting tickets to 30 in morning & 30 afternoon they are guaranteeing a big rush each time the doors open. Anyone heard if they will start prebookings online like CM ?

For a while it was possible to prebook your extension submission but after the crackdown rush it was not used anymore.

Even when it was available it did not work very well.

I don't understand this form. Its only about the owner of the house? Where does my landlord put my name?

Edited by bubblegum

Glad my extension renewal comes up in low season! But it seems like even a 90 day report is going to be troublesome.

Anyone tried the postal report since the new system has been in place? Probably a bit early but it's be interesting to know what happens.

I don't understand this form. Its only about the owner of the house? Where does my landlord put my name?

The form has two sections. The top section is the resident which is the tenant information and the bottom section is the registrar (landlord) information. After the registration they will give you a paper to put in the passport as confirmation that the registration is done.

Paying 500 baht for the 3-monthly report is getting more and more attractive by the day. Don't know how much I pay for the annual extension, but no matte rhow much, it must be a good deal judging by these posts.

i just got back from my 1 year extension. i got there at 8am and there was 6 people in line before me. by 8:30 i'd say there was about 30. i didn't see many people coming after 8:30 and i'm not sure if you showed up after 8:30 you would get served. but i left there about 9:30 and they were already working on number 15 so my guess is they probably let everyone showing up before about 9 through.

Just went to immigration, the volunteer had my wife as tenant fill in the top part and me the bottum, only I had to sign and the landlord nothing ??

Did you tell the volunteer you are the tenant or your wife?

So before next 90 day report I have to go to Immigration to get the form, then trying to catch up with a lazy landlord to get him to fill in his part, then I sign and back to Immigration again....and is this obligatory for each 90 day report plus extension of stay?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am afraid of my extension in January...

Registration of Residence.jpg

The application form. Please print out so it fills a A4-page. Best I could get out of the lousy copy and my stoneage scanner.

Thanks HKT83100

This is my experience also, They check before renewing your extension if you are registered at the address used in your application.

I just make sure now that i do the registration a few days before the extension.

The registration has to be done after each entry into the country.

Funny how lazy and incapable they are. For years we have heard and seen in media complains from Immigration to landlords countrywide of letting out property but not register they who stay. Solution push the task to the foreigners then we sure get it correct and we can still harass the foreigners with demand of more documentation.