Phuket Town Immigration

CFC

how can u submit the form by internet as it says at the top??

Only if the 'landlord' has pre-registered with Immigration and has the User Assigned name and Password to access the Immigration Website..

thanks

now another question regarding this Registration form;

I have a 1 year extension, My Cambodian gf has a 1 year non b visa, so she needs leave every 90 days so i head out with her, I haven't done a 90 day report in almost 2 years;

Am i to submit this form each time i come back? Thats crazy

thanks

I have a 1 year extension, My Cambodian gf has a 1 year non b visa, so she needs leave every 90 days so i head out with her, I haven't done a 90 day report in almost 2 years;

If you plan to leave every 90 days then you do not need to complete the 90 day reporting. But you do need the re-entry permit to preserve the 1 year extension.

Not sure what form you have to submit 'every time you come back' - your landlord must register you and your cambodian g/f each time you 'check-in' after being out of Thailand. You do not need to make this registration unless you own the condo or land lease where you live.

Confusing - yes. I am going to email all our guests on these procedures to enable us (the landlords) to comply with these Immigration rules where we don't know whn guests go out and back into Thailand.

thanks

If you plan to leave every 90 days then you do not need to complete the 90 day reporting. But you do need the re-entry permit to preserve the 1 year extension.

Not sure what form you have to submit 'every time you come back' - your landlord must register you and your cambodian g/f each time you 'check-in' after being out of Thailand. You do not need to make this registration unless you own the condo or land lease where you live.

Confusing - yes. I am going to email all our guests on these procedures to enable us (the landlords) to comply with these Immigration rules where we don't know whn guests go out and back into Thailand.

hey i know all about 90 days reports an not having to do them if i leave and i always have a multi re entry permit when i do my extension.

So i ONLY need register once at immigration? I dont know any of my friends that rent or own that have ever registered with this form

Registration of Residence" you saying i need have this done and submitted before i apply for my next extension> Thank god its not till June an by than hopefully things will be back to normal

HUH?? i rent the house we live in, my landlord has no idea when i leave the country or for how long i stay out.

I am really confused and usually don't get this way>>

Edited by phuketrichard

You do not need to make this registration unless you own the condo or land lease where you live.

unsure.png.pagespeed.ce.E7Vo3qsmeC.png eh...more confused, do this mean that when only rent house / condo the registration is not necessary?

If you rent then its completely the landlords responsibilty to register you. You need to do nothing. Until you need to make any extension then you then you need to make sure you are registered by the land lord to be able to process that extension with Immigration. Well - that's the way I hear it.

To be honest this is nothing new - just that Immigration are now checking that the the 'guest' has been registered on extension application.

<snip>

So i ONLY need register once at immigration? I dont know any of my friends that rent or own that have ever registered with this form

Registration of Residence" you saying i need have this done and submitted before i apply for my next extension> Thank god its not till June an by than hopefully things will be back to normal

HUH?? i rent the house we live in, my landlord has no idea when i leave the country or for how long i stay out.

I am really confused and usually don't get this way>>

You do not need to register anything. It's your landlords responsibility to register you when you arrive back at your rental home. But when you try to apply for any sort of extension then you need to be able to show that your landlord registered you (by copy of house tabian baan and land lord's ID) . At least that's the way I read this newest requirement. But hey - I am still trying to work it all for my own registration and our guest's registration.

and if the landlord does NOT register you.......

it seems there doing two things here,

registering farangs renting and ALSO"
finding the landlords renting and receiving rent and not paying tax's

So good reason for landlords NOT to register you.

But when you try to apply for any sort of extension then you need to be able to show that your landlord registered you (by copy of house tabian baan and land lord's ID)

and if they dont provide you this.... What then? we cant get our extensions??

this is becoming more an more like 1984 with forced registration and control over ever aspect of our lives

Edited by phuketrichard

Hi just trying to get confirmation on something I read in the news this summer.

I arrived on a 30day visa exempt status which will expire on saturday, and I was under the impression that I could now extend this by another 30 days. I had planned to go to Phuket town tomorrow but I have just heard about the waiting times and limited number of people being served per day there so I am a bit worried.

So here are my 2 questions:

1. Can I really get 30 days added to my visa exempt status?

2. Can I do this in Patong and avoid the crazyness I have been reading about at the Phuket Town office (I will live with the other craziness reported about the Patong office if it avoids my having to leave the country...)

Hi just trying to get confirmation on something I read in the news this summer.

I arrived on a 30day visa exempt status which will expire on saturday, and I was under the impression that I could now extend this by another 30 days. I had planned to go to Phuket town tomorrow but I have just heard about the waiting times and limited number of people being served per day there so I am a bit worried.

So here are my 2 questions:

1. Can I really get 30 days added to my visa exempt status?

2. Can I do this in Patong and avoid the crazyness I have been reading about at the Phuket Town office (I will live with the other craziness reported about the Patong office if it avoids my having to leave the country...)

Yes, you can really get a 30 day extension.

Yes, you can do this in Patong.

But, make sure when you check-in to your accomodation that you are regsitered (by the landlord/guesthouse manager) on the Immigration system, and you most likely will need to some documentation from your landlord when you apply for the extension in Patong. But so far we have not really received any clear reports from members about whether this documentation is really necessary.

Thanks for the info

But, make sure when you check-in to your accomodation that you are regsitered (by the landlord/guesthouse manager) on the Immigration system, and you most likely will need to some documentation from your landlord when you apply for the extension in Patong. But so far we have not really received any clear reports from members about whether this documentation is really necessary.

I was not aware of this requirement as this is my first time not staying in a hotel. I am staying in a small room rented in my wife's name (we only just got hitched and I need the extension to get my arse to BKK for a letter of right to marry before we can register our marriage and get me a different visa.)

From your post I guess you don't know for sure if this will be a problem, and I doubt the clueless lady downstairs will have any usefull information.

So I guess I will head on over there in the morning, and return with any forms they ask me to fill out later.

In the past when seeking a 30 day extension I just wrote down the name of a hotel owned by a friend and got it no questions asked, I guess they have "cracked down" on this too?

<snip>

From what I can see the landlord is fined 1,600 baht for non registration.

So - there is an incentive for the owner to co-operate.

and how much is tax on rental income? So if the renter Never registered the rentee, would the renter than be fined if we ask for this paper to show immigration?

Do u think all thai's that build homes and rent them to outsiders are aware of this registration? am sure gh./hotels are but.....

Just trying to get a handle on things,

Appreciate ur time.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You do not need to make this registration unless you own the condo or land lease where you live.

eh...more confused, do this mean that when only rent house / condo the registration is not necessary?

If you rent then its completely the landlords responsibilty to register you. You need to do nothing. Until you need to make any extension then you then you need to make sure you are registered by the land lord to be able to process that extension with Immigration. Well - that's the way I hear it.

To be honest this is nothing new - just that Immigration are now checking that the the 'guest' has been registered on extension application.

So in my case where I did the last extension in July and had with copy of rental contract plus landlords tabian ban this registration should be unnecessary when soon doing my 90 day report unless Immigration want to do a double check of landlords registration through the "guest"rolleyes.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

eh...more confused, do this mean that when only rent house / condo the registration is not necessary?

So in my case where I did the last extension in July and had with copy of rental contract plus landlords tabian ban this registration should be unnecessary when soon doing my 90 day report unless Immigration want to do a double check of landlords registration through the "guest"rolleyes.gif

Even when you do the 90 Day reporting the Address Registration still has to be done separate.

Looks like that they are maximizing the amount of address registrations. 555

As you have your TM6 with your address, Address used on TM7 extension, 90 Day address reporting, proof of residence and maybe some more which i forgot.

<snip>

has this ever happened to anyone? seems like they must be so inundated with registrations these days i don't know how they would find time to check them all.

I don't think this crap is about getting tax from guesthouses - wrong department.

I's all about inflicting the maximum amount of bastardry and inconvenience on their clients because the whinging scum complained about their tips.

They also want to prove to their big bosses that they are overworked and underpaid, so are inventing extra tasks and inflicting onerous, unnecessary paperwork on applicants.

They're hoping the same complainers who took exception to their service fees will be heard again in Bangkok complaining about service.

• Like 1

<snip>

has this ever happened to anyone? seems like they must be so inundated with registrations these days i don't know how they would find time to check them all.

I've never heard of any owner being fined. For the last 2 years Immigration have issued press releases about the need for owner's to register any foreign guests, even in private homes. About 2 years ago we applied for on-line registration and we make an effort to register new quests, but we have no idea if they have foreign guests staying or leave Thailand and come back, so it's all very tricky for the owners.

and how much is tax on rental income? So if the renter Never registered the rentee, would the renter than be fined if we ask for this paper to show immigration?

Do u think all thai's that build homes and rent them to outsiders are aware of this registration? am sure gh./hotels are but.....

Just trying to get a handle on things,

Appreciate ur time.

Let's not go off topic about tax issues. Many owners/landlords do not want to supply any personal ID or tabian baan because they maybe are not declaring any income.

I too would like to get a handle on this to ensure we are not liable to any fine. Mind you it's tricky as we rent out homes longer term and have no real idea if farang friends are invited to stay (even for one night), or even when our tenants re-enter Thailand.

Let's hope this all blows over, as it usually does.

I don't think this crap is about getting tax from guesthouses - wrong department.

I's all about inflicting the maximum amount of bastardry and inconvenience on their clients because the whinging scum complained about their tips.

They also want to prove to their big bosses that they are overworked and underpaid, so are inventing extra tasks and inflicting onerous, unnecessary paperwork on applicants.

They're hoping the same complainers who took exception to their service fees will be heard again in Bangkok complaining about service.

All the changes and stricter checks on regulations are not self initiated by the Phuket immigration but handed down from Bangkok to all immigration offices nation wide.

But unfortunately Phuket has so many expacts living here that the work load increased and noticed the most in Phuket.

This has nothing to do with pissed-off officers but it doesn't help also off-course.

All the changes and stricter checks on regulations are not self initiated by the Phuket immigration but handed down from Bangkok to all immigration offices nation wide.

But unfortunately Phuket has so many expacts living here that the work load increased and noticed the most in Phuket.

This has nothing to do with pissed-off officers but it doesn't help also off-course.

Inside knowledge?

As posted in another thread, if they are making life difficult, on purpose, their motive may be to steer expats towards visa agents, in order to avoid long queues, and constantly being turned away, and they will then receive their corrupt payments from them visa agents.

Same scam - just using a Thai middleman to receive it.

Here is an update: I went to Patong Immigration, and easily got a 30 day extension to my initial 30 day exempt stamp. They asked for my address and I showed them my room key tag which has the address on it in Thai. Thai wrote it down for me and that was that.

fees were 240baht for the photocopies and pictures, 1900 for the extension. Total 2140 says the man in front of me, which I paid. Then after they realized that by charging me one amount they couldn't "keep the change" on the regular 1900 fee as is always the case in Phuket Town... So after a bit of talking between them they said "oh but you got two photos so we need 100 more baht"... I told them I understood completely and no problem... They did give me extra photos though... I will not be heading to the Damronthang center to biatch about this lol...just super glad to not have to deal with the nightmares being reported about the Phuket town office these days...

Thanks to everyone for the info sharing.

• Like 1

Here is an update: I went to Patong Immigration, and easily got a 30 day extension to my initial 30 day exempt stamp. They asked for my address and I showed them my room key tag which has the address on it in Thai. Thai wrote it down for me and that was that.

fees were 240baht for the photocopies and pictures, 1900 for the extension. Total 2140 says the man in front of me, which I paid. Then after they realized that by charging me one amount they couldn't "keep the change" on the regular 1900 fee as is always the case in Phuket Town... So after a bit of talking between them they said "oh but you got two photos so we need 100 more baht"... I told them I understood completely and no problem... They did give me extra photos though... I will not be heading to the Damronthang center to biatch about this lol...just super glad to not have to deal with the nightmares being reported about the Phuket town office these days...

Thanks to everyone for the info sharing.

"I went to Patong Immigration, and easily got a 30 day extension to my initial 30 day exempt stamp." - huh?

I haven't come in on a 30 day visa exemption stamp for some time, but last I heard, you could only get a 7 day extension when you have entered on a 30 day visa exemption stamp.

"I went to Patong Immigration, and easily got a 30 day extension to my initial 30 day exempt stamp." - huh?

I haven't come in on a 30 day visa exemption stamp for some time, but last I heard, you could only get a 7 day extension when you have entered on a 30 day visa exemption stamp.

Recent change to rules - 30 day visa exempt is allowed a 30 day extension.

Recent change to rules - 30 day visa exempt is allowed a 30 day extension.

Which would be in total contradiction to the recent big visa crackdown.

What a crazy country. :)

What they "cracked down" on was people abusing the 30 day exemptions by making visa runs and getting several consecutive ones and staying here up to several years at a time, sometimes to work illegally, sometimes for other reasons. Their point is that if you have a valid reason to stay for a long time then you should go through the official process, not circumvent it by crossing the border over and over.

They added the 30 day extension at the same time so that genuine tourists can stay for up to 60 days even if they cannot get a 60 day tourist visa in their own country before leaving. Sort of levelling the playing field I guess. However you can only get 1 extension, after that get a real visa or go home.

Makes total sense to me.

Not saying it isn't a crazy country, but in this case it isn't.

• Like 1