Chiang Rai hit by 2.4 aftershock

webfact

Chiang Rai hit by 2.4 aftershock this morning

6-11-2557-10-53-34-wpcf_728x413.jpg

CHIANG RAI: -- An aftershock of 2.4 magnitude hit Phan district of Chiang Rai province Thursday morning, the Seismology Bureau said today.

The epi-centre of the quake which happened at 06.40 am was in Phan district. There was no report of damages.

It said further that earlier at 05.33 am, a 3.4 magnitude aftershock also hit Myanmar, about 224 kilometres southwest of Mae Hong Son province.

There was no report of damages and injuries from this minor quake, it added.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/chiang-rai-hit-2-4-aftershock-morning/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-06

Have to admid that I am a bit worried about all this...Chiang Rai have now had more then 1200 after shock since May 5.TH.- a lot activities in Myanmar,Laos,China and Phillipines and saw a couple of months back that the experts was worried about a major quake will arrive...talking about size 7 magnitude or even higher.

I seem to remember reading somewhere, that Chiang Saen Lake may have been created by some kind of seismic activity a very long time ago. Sure something big could happen in our area but there are much more dangerous and active places to live.

Geologic time moves at a snail’s pace so the chances of something really destructive happening in our lifetime is so slim that I wouldn’t lose sleep over it. They are monitoring all the known faults in the area, so I am not sure what else they can do.

I lIve in Hua Hin and yesterday morning at 0910 I was in the garden and a 'Surface Wave' spread all over my swimming pool. I have seen this kind of thing before in various parts of the world when there has been an earthquake and this was very similar. The area I live in is geologically very stable with (I believe) no know fault lines. I have not had a chance to check on any local reports but it seems a strange colincidence?