I paid a ''fee'' for my lost wallet's declaration to the police.

Yesterday I went to the Chaweng police station to declare the lost of my wallet with 2 credit cards and my Thai driving license,

we spoke 80% in Thai and they were very friendly, took my declaration, when everything was over they told me there is a ''fee''using the English word...20Bahts!

Some of you have already heard about that?

Of course 20Bahts is no big deal at all, so it is not a rant of mine nor a kind of Thai bashing or nothing of the sort, ortherwise I would have posted in the general topicssmile.png

It a real question concerning Samui! Do we have to pay to declare something to the police?

So thank you (I wont tell names) to spare me the answers with the trend of ''the police force farce''

PS: Before I am asked for, I lost it before yesterday on a small soi, between a Familly Mart and my house hardly a few hundred yards away, I put my wallet absendmindedly whistling.gif in the back pocket of my jeans before riding my motorbike back home. Unfortunately I only realised yesterday morning, because not many people take this road.

• Like 1

If it makes you feel any better they do this in other countries, The US for instance.

In El Paso, Texas I needed a copy of the police report after reporting one of our company rental vehicles stolen. I needed a copy of the police report for the insurance company and found out they don't give those away for free but they will sell you one for 5$. Being the car theft capital of the world they must bring in millions in revenue.

OP, you didn't come here to bash the Thais, I believe you........but to bash the Police for asking you to pay not 1 Baht but 20 Bahts (that's the plural of Baht).

You have my sympathy..................

No no, not to bash the police, it did seems strange to me, thats all, ThaiVisa being the place to ask any kind of question in the world, one will always have many answers,so I did it>

Contrarily to many, I have nothing against the RTP, my wife more more than me to be honest so I am not totally naïve smile.png

OP, you didn't come here to bash the Thais, I believe you........but to bash the Police for asking you to pay not 1 Baht but 20 Bahts (that's the plural of Baht).

1 Baht, 20 Baht, 100 Baht, 360 million baht, 2.2 trillion baht.

Got it now Costa?

That's the best ever, go back to where you came from if you don't like it, as if we have to swallow everything that goes on in a location where you choose to live!

Sense of superiority? Did you read all the responses of the OP at all. What comes to mind is; Look who's talking.

• Like 2

Got it now Costa?

Baerboxer, I've got it about 7 years ago.

The OP hasn't got it yet.

But appreciated your effort to teach me.thumbsup.gif

Got it now Costa?

It's Costas, with an 's'. It's believed there is more than one of him, hence the plural. Got it now, baerboxer/s (in case there are two of you).

Got it now Costa?

It's Costas, with an 's'. It's believed there is more than one of him, hence the plural. Got it now, baerboxer/s (in case there are two of you).

WW, for once in his life he was right.

When somebody addresses me directly.........it's Costa.

When somebody is making a reference about me..... it's Costas.

I know......it sounds Greek to you......but that's the proper way.

Got it now Costa?

WW, for once in his life he was right.

When somebody addresses me directly.........it's Costa.

When somebody is making a reference about me..... it's Costas.

I know......it sounds Greek to you......but that's the proper way.

Ha ha don't you just love the cultural understanding on here. Good for you Costa. Hope I got it right!!

• Like 1

FYI "baht"is a plural noun - 1 baht, 10 baht, 20 baht and so on.

So now you know.

R

Complaining about 20bht? Don't be such a wuss. Accept where you are and get on with it. This aint no democracy... if you want that then go back from whence you came and take your sense of superiority with you

Who said I was complaining? Not me !

I was only curious to know if it was ''normal'' or not, never I complained of anything for the simplest reason I am very happy with my life in Samui I have a wonderfull Thai familly and never in any of my post did I complained or even joined the Thai bashing brigade, so ''my sense of superiority''...

...preposterouscoffee1.gif

• Like 2

FYI "baht"is a plural noun - 1 baht, 10 baht, 20 baht and so on.

So now you know.

R

Hello Rob from Samui,

Hope you are feeling well today.

Thank you for the lesson and also for the like.

But you are a little late........somebody taught me already.

Please read post #20

Regards

Costas........with an s

Complaining about 20bht? Don't be such a wuss. Accept where you are and get on with it. This aint no democracy... if you want that then go back from whence you came and take your sense of superiority with you

Congratulations for being the first person to come up with the cliche '...if you don't like it then go home' ! I was wondering how long it would be till someone came up with it! ... and... if you read the post correctly, it is pretty obvious that the op was not complaining, simply curious to see if it was normal. But then... simple details like that don't stop the 'go home' wallies eh? Can't you come up with anything more original? or is it simply a troll post? Soooooooo boring!

• Like 1