Wat Rong Khun. The white Temple

northernjohn

On May 7 morning after an engineering expert team inspected and confirmed that all building structures in the temple were unharmed by the quake, Chalermchai announced that he would rebuild the temple back to its original beauty in two years and promised to devote his life for the work. He also announced that the temple area will be open to visitors on May 8 afternoon. The gallery building will be open in a few days. But for some buildings, visitors will be allowed only to take pictures from outside

Wikipedia

My wife says he has uintentionally left three spire-tips hanging at an angle inspite of all visual repairs having been done around them - seems it substantially increases donations.

The spire at the very top of the roof of the Temple is still dangling at an angle .Thats what i noticed passing by last week .

I went inside the main building. There was a noticeable big vertical crack on one side the door. I had visited the place before (brought tourists there), but had never before gone inside that main room - which was small and, ....unimpressive. To me, the whole place is too contrived. Not my cup of tea, so to speak. Asian tourists seem to love it. They get dropped off from their giant buses, take hundreds of photos, get back on the bus, ....and on to the next contrived photo-op, perhaps standing alongside the sign at Mae Sai border crossing, or by the giant gold-colored Buddha at Golden Triangle. Whatever else happens, don't let a tiny speck of dirt get near those shoes.

I went inside the main building. There was a noticeable big vertical crack on one side the door. I had visited the place before (brought tourists there), but had never before gone inside that main room - which was small and, ....unimpressive. To me, the whole place is too contrived. Not my cup of tea, so to speak. Asian tourists seem to love it. They get dropped off from their giant buses, take hundreds of photos, get back on the bus, ....and on to the next contrived photo-op, perhaps standing alongside the sign at Mae Sai border crossing, or by the giant gold-colored Buddha at Golden Triangle. Whatever else happens, don't let a tiny speck of dirt get near those shoes.

Hi Boomerang

I agree with most of your posts , and this is not to put you down like some idiot does . What you find unimpressive , someone else will find it impressive , I drive past it nearly every second day and always think how impressive it is .As you say not your cup of tea . I will be out to see your park soon.smile.png

• Like 1