Help please? 2 months TH then back to TH in 2 weeks. Visa question

Thank you in advance for your help. Getting ready to purchase flight and visa application and wanted to make sure the 3 month plan is correct and workable.

The trip:

2 months in Thailand on tourist visa, leave for the Philippines for 1-3 weeks, then return to BKK to catch my return flight to the USA around day 89 or 90.

The plan:

1. Apply for tourist visa from my home country (USA) to Thailand ahead of time (single entry, 60 days)

2. After spending 59 or 60 days in Thailand, go to the Philippines (first time, solo)

3. Spend 1-3 weeks in the Phils (not sure how I will like it) and return to BKK and wait for my flight back to the USA

My questions:

1. Does this sound like an easy, workable plan, and done the correct way? Is the single entry the way to go or ? Can I return to bkk after being gone just 1 week in the Phils and just assume I will get a "visa on arrival" for 30 days until I go back home to the USA?

2. I guess my main question is the "visa on arrival" question and if it is ok to leave for just a week and come right back?

Thanks to everyone who will respond.