Changes to British PP services........

In the general-topics Forum there is a thread running under "Changes to British PP services". Has produced over 3000 Posts ! Clearly, this must go far above and beyond simple PP Services.

As a non-Brit, I just wonder what dramatic legislative events have taken hold, so that British-Citizens have to seek 3000 fold advise in a public forum. I must assume that the British-Embassy has not been able to assist their citizens living in Thailand in any meaningful way.

I won't go reading through over 3000 posts. As hard and complicated as it probably is, anyone willing to put it in a nutshell (telegram-style) for me?

Cheers.

• Like 1

+1 ^^^

There has been a massive failure in the UK passport issuing system causing delays of several months. Jobs have been lost, overstays created, holidays missed, it's been one huge cluster-f***.

Things are improving now, but there's still a mind-numbingly stupid application system via VFS in Bangkok.

i think the other thread has gone off topic a few times and takes some reading, there are some extremely long posts with multi long quotes, it started off with some good information but now is too long if trying to source information, regarding making a fresh application. as stated above the passport agency in the UK failed this year in the sole purpose for which they were created 'issuing passports' the delays caused heartache for lots of families, some of who added to these delays by applying at the last minute, but still the agency should have coped which it failed to do miserably,

That having been said, the system in place in Thailand has changed countless times over the last year or so, with applicants having to jump through hoops, some of which were burning. it started off applying through the embassy, moving on to applying through hong kong for security reasons ( a communist country) , then applying direct to the UK, and now the farce in place of applying through an agent in Bangkok.who don't know their asre from their elbow, that coupled with stricter photo requirements and having to prove an address in Thailand, has made it a feat. almost akin to climbing mount everest in carpet slippers.

Trendy do a job similar to what the post office in the UK does a 'check and send process'

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

Quote " I must assume that the British-Embassy has not been able to assist their citizens living in Thailand in any meaningful way." Unquote

You assume correctly. Never in the past, and most unlikely in the future.

They're nothing to do with it. HMPO is part of the Home Office. They're about as different as the fire brigade to the police. Edited by evadgib