Farmer Bank meeting,

Lickey

Mrs as always goes to these meetings, hoping for a handout , no problem with that, im all for a bit of extra cash,

The speaker said that the military had been looking at land papers ect and found that two resorts were built on sor por gor land, as we know, this is farming only, and they were stopped trading forthwith, it does seem a bit strange to me that both these resorts were built with falang money,,

Just saying, so be careful all newcomers,

I do not know where you are ,but they is a resort near Pack Chon ,in Korat province. built on illegal land,not certain if it is Sor Por Gor or government land,

they have stopped trading,and are going to have the book thrown at them,it has been on Thai TV ,using them as an example to others ,so it seems.

Certainly seems if this government is doing a lot about these dodge land deals.

• Like 1

Namsom, Udon Thani province, a small town of about 10,000 people, local falangs call it Farmer City, myself & mrs understand that sor por gor and goverment land are the same thing, can only be used for farming or rented for farming, and only a family dwelling or a small rest building if the farmer has to stay overnight ect, can never be sold, only passed on to relatives,

We both think that this army action will slow the local growth of the town, also when relatives report this to the new goverment, after having been paid for the land, they could reclaim there farm free,,,

• Like 2

In our area their has been alot of sor kor por land bought and sold over the years to the extent i would say maybe 30 percent but next to none in the last 5 years as they realise the potential of the land and also the benefits to borrow against it.

One would like to think they would have an amnesty to update the records rather than seize back the land as long as its being used for farming.

• Like 1