Losing Weight and Skin Elasticity

EmptyHead

Not wanting to be picky but tap water contains lots of toxins, the residue after sterilisation.

They add chlorine which kills bacteria and disinfects various particulate matter.

It leaves the toxins that the bacteria produced intact.

Many authorities add fluoride but not a pharma quality, a by product from other manufacturing.

There have also been scandles with bottled water containing benzine and other toxic substances.

That's the real problem today, everything is contaminated, adulterated and lied about.

Who can you trust?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not wanting to be picky but tap water contains lots of toxins, the residue after sterilisation.

They add chlorine which kills bacteria and disinfects various particulate matter.

Many authorities add fluoride but not a pharma quality, a by product from other manufacturing.

There have also been scandles with bottled water containing benzine and other toxic substances.

That's the real problem today, everything is contaminated, adulterated and lied about.

Who can you trust?

I hope with the brand name waters: Singha, Chang, 7/11 there won't be harmful amounts of chemicals in it. But it is just a hope.....

There aren't many people in Thailand who drink tap water.

Who can you trust?

I hope with the brand name waters: Singha, Chang, 7/11 there won't be harmful amounts of chemicals in it. But it is just a hope.....

There aren't many people in Thailand who drink tap water.

Who knowingly drink tap water.

Who can you trust?

We buy those 20 litre bottles and I often wonder how pure the water is.

Then there are those water machines in the moo ban.....

Most water is supplied in plastic bottles which are often stored in strong sunlight.

The plasticisers leach out into the water......

Pack it On

Did you know drinking just one can per day of a regular sugary beverage – without limiting calories anywhere else during the day, would cause someone to gain 10-15 pounds in a year?

Read more: http://www.diabetescare.net/slideshow/just-a-touch-of-sugar/3#ixzz3IttJkF7E

Sometimes when I read all the various comments, not only here, about all the dangers in food and what else we consume, and environmental stimulus, I wonder how the human race gets older-and-older and expand rapidly at the same time. whistling.gif

I rather think it’s a question of balance and common sense – like water; some places, like my home-country, you can drink tap-water – it’s in many cases even more clean and healthy than bottled mineral water, but of course not so “hi-so” to drink – other areas, like Thailand, that shall be avoided. However drinking a class or make a coffee from it won’t kill you – at least all bacteria is killed when boiled, but any chemical remains may of course still be there – but from common sense you may choose bottled or processed water instead, yet still not knowing if it’s that much better (as above poster mentioned)...

Reminds me of a cartoon, think it was in N.Y.Times, with two neolitic men sitting round the bonfire; the one says: »Something's just not right - our air is clean, our water is pure, we all get plenty of exercise, everything we eat is organic and free-range, and yet nobody lives past thirty...?«

Another “true one” was the French lady interviewed for television at her 116 years birthday, the reporter asked for her recipe for longevity; she answered: »Probably because I stopped smoking when I was 105…«

wink.png

Edited by khunPer

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who can you trust?

Not if you use a reverse osmosis filter. If you are worried about the minerals, you would have to drink 4 gallons of water to get the minerals of one tomato.

Who can you trust?

Not if you use a reverse osmosis filter. If you are worried about the minerals, you would have to drink 4 gallons of water to get the minerals of one tomato.

Sure, RO filters will remove metals but not the toxins left after the bacteria were killed.

In a previous lifetime I used to keep marine reef fish and then you start to learn about water quality.

Where there is nitrate in the water, not too bad but combine it with chlorine and it creates a very toxic chloramate and the fish really suffer. I used a salt powered resin filter to remove nitrates after first airing clean tap water for days to let the chlorine evaporate. It was amazing to see the colour of the heavily salted water during the recharge of the filter - and we drink it LOL.

I was trying to clean the water because the fish make nitrates so added to any chlorine present was not good.

I agree that we are living longer and that is due to diet and other factors.

I spend about half a year in Andalucia, South Spain and traditionally, there was no love between them and the Spanish authorities and the infrastructure was poor. Years ago they were pretty much dirt farmers. The result was that the people were small in stature due to their poor diet.

Much like many mill workers in Bolton and surrounding areas, poor diets lead to smaller people.

It often amazes me to see the Spanish during a fiesta, the whole family are gathered together. Then you get to see usually smaller grand parents, bigger children and the grandchildren are set to become bigger than their parents.

Whilst at the same time I can see the horizontal growth LOL. Even the great grand babies are fatter than back in the day.

In conclusion, in some ways things are better but maybe the pendulum is swinging too far and needs a measure of control?

Society has allowed the big companies to take too much control of everything.

Just maybe the people need to regain control and demand purer food.

Never gonna happen cos, we the people, are so busy trying to earn money to pay for the material things (we don't actually need) that we don't have the time or money to pay the extra cost that would be involved if food production went back 50 or so years.

Remember, back in the days before the fridge?

Meat lasted days and was grass fed, no antibiotics (weren't invented yet) and no growth hormones.

Now the animals (and U.S.) eat GMO veg, farmers use 80% of all antibiotics produced, plus the growth hormones.

Chickens are bread to have huge unnatural breasts that are so heavy their legs often cannot support them.

From the egg to the chicken in the shop is now in a very short time for reasons of maximising profit.

Same for all food.

We are truly not fully aware of all of the implications of what these changes in food production are doing to us.

I recently read about a study of different countries which compared infant death rates and the number of vaccinations.

The USA was 34th yet they are "the" first world country. They also require that babies are given 26 doses of vaccination during their first year. The other countries that are much higher on the list administer half or less of the number of vaccinations.

Guess what, the American medics response is to increase the number of required vaccinations.

What a crazy world we live in!

I remember what Thais looked like 50 years ago, pretty well most were thin.

How would you describe them today?

They have been seduced by advertising into accepting the "needs of the West" rather than retaining the much simpler life that they had before. It's called progress I suppose, but progressing to what?

As you say, moderation is good!

• 2 weeks later...

There is no way to prevent loose skin after major wait loss..... If anyone tells you otherwise they have no clue what they are talking about.......

However, does not seem like you are really that overweight. I would be surprised if you end up with loose skin. From everything I have read (and I lost a ton of weight myself)...... Loose skin becomes a problem when you lose a large amount of weight.