Khao mok gai in Pattaya

Michaelaway

The most popular one, is on the corner of Pattaya Tai and Soi BuaKhao.

Opens around 5pm daily.

Yeah, but a tip there, they don't expect foreigners to know the name of that dish. Ordered it once by name and got Khao man gai instead. Better to say YELLOW. Or point of course.

Opens around 5pm daily.

Yeah, but a tip there, they don't expect foreigners to know the name of that dish. Ordered it once by name and got Khao man gai instead. Better to say YELLOW. Or point of course.

As you are the food expert maybe you should be able to ask your dishes in Thai language...

They understand very well !

<3

Opens around 5pm daily.

As you are the food expert maybe you should be able to ask your dishes in Thai language...

They understand very well !

<3

Did you read my post? I did and they got it wrong. They're not programmed to EXPECT white people to know what to say in Thai but I think they do know that more white people know the name of Khao MAN gai than Khao MOK Gai because DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the Man Gai one is massively more COMMON. But I think you did read that but are just having fun to throw an insult. Cheers and happy eating. Seriously, it's better there to say yellow or point. Take the tip or don't ... up2u.

Edited by Jingthing

I once ordered Kao Mok Gai, the lady was asking/saying Kao Mok? I did understand Kao mot ( No rice ), i said "mai ben rai", went to the next food stall and ordered something else. While eating, the lady came with a plate of Kao Mok Gai to my table... we all had a good laugh about the misunderstanding.