Car and Scooter Tax Advice

Bmouthboyo

Hi Guys,

I have a 1996 Nissan NV and a Suzuki Skydrive 125 moped.

I have arranged insurance for the pickup which includes the CTPL and am considering getting the Tax myself rather than a company etc. My only concern is that as the vehicle is 18 years old, does it need a Roadworthy test every year after its 7th year?

Secondly for the moped / scooter, about 8 months ago someone must have knocked / ripped off my tax disc tube and I am unsure when it is due exactly. Can this info be found in the Green book? and also is it going to be more of a pain to get this renewed with the old one missing?

Lastly do bikes require the same CTPL as cars?

Thanks in advanced guys smile.png

When you say after 7 years do you mean every year after 7? Or just one check up after 7 years?

Also my insurance broker has informed me that my blue books states my vehicle as commercial so I have to pay more for the CTPL (968 TBH). Is this OK or should I change it to non commercial? Will my TAX be higher as a Commercial vehicle also?

Thanks

Edited by Bmouthboyo

When you say after 7 years do you mean every year after 7? Or just one check up after 7 years?

Also my insurance broker has informed me that my blue books states my vehicle as commercial so I have to pay more for the CTPL (968 TBH). Is this OK or should I change it to non commercial? Will my TAX be higher as a Commercial vehicle also?

Thanks

Yes, you need inspection every year for motorcycle over 5 years old and car-truck over 7 years old.

I paid CTPL 968 B for my Nissan NV. It has the same commercial plates as 2 door pick-up truck ( green letter on white ).

Tax for commercial green number plate 750 B for NV - Cheaper than for a car to help farmer and small business,

( I pay a lot more for CTPL on my 4 doors pick-up with car plate. Tax for my 4 door pick-up with white plate- black letters ( same as cars plate ) 4990 B )

CTPL 324 B for my Yamaha Nouvo. 100 B Tax