Yingluck summoned to appear at NLA on November 12 for delayed impeachment request

webfact

Go girl! Don't let those thugs bully you around!

But she is not going, she is sending her lawyer to represent her.

She is incapable even to defend herself.

Yes because that's what nearly everyone does when facing criminal charges - defend themselves in court without benefit of attorneys. coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

She's not facing criminal charges........

Yet.......

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here it is 'summoned', in 'the other paper it is 'invited', very different, which one was 'lost in translation'? Anyway, IMO, it should be the first, and she should have been made to appear in persona, not let her be represented by some attorney! Who is she? What is she? Some 'princess' maybe, like I read in a lunatic's 'opinion' here? IMO, this is a kneefall from the NLA, towards the power of the Shins, and when so not foreboding anything good for the country's future.

P.S.: As if she isn't the one who started this? As if it was not her asking the NLA for 'a special' (a favour?), maybe? Come on!

Edited by bangrak

Here we go again!! We can't win at the ballot-box, but we can always trust the "independent" Thai judiciary to do the dirty work for us!!

And the Shins' anthem then? 'We buy ourselves a cheap majority of gullible ignorants N.& E., put the pawn we have groomed to on top of it (N.B. your idol Thaksin), set (bend) the Judiciary to our hand, and with the police and the army in our pocket, we are the masters of Thailand'? Unfortunately for the clan, it didn't all go as planned with some(!) parts of the Judiciary and the Military. And there might also have been another 'family' which did not agree (anymore)... All considerations you may not be busy with, but that I like to put forward to balance your, mind you, for me far from totally incorrect, opinion. Do two wrongs make a right though? Not for me! Only totally new movements and parties, excluding all existing politicians and colour-coded (anti-) 'heroes', bound by their published programs, and made automatically responsible for all their actions, could IMO bring the country forward, with a Judiciary serving Justice to all, with the Military in their barracks, the police doing, exclusively(!) a, good, police job, and, why not, to make it entirely irrealistic, all people becoming a, totally different, decent, education. My dream for Thailand, which will alas probably remain a dream forever... What is your dream JOC?

Good post!! And my dream doesn't differ very much from yours. But the big question is, how do we get there? All your suggestions make sense, but you know yourself how many "buts" there are involved.

Ban PTP politicians for life and do the same with politicians from other parties, give the army 5 years as caretakers. Enough time to establish new political parties, make changes in the judiciary, write a new constitution where all people are included and do major changes in the RTP. For starters!!

But to ever get there, we can not accept "just one more case" where the the judiciary is wearing their yellow glasses!!

As for Thaksin being my hero. Far from! Ofcourse the rural poor should not be represented by a multi-billionare, but by one of their own.

I just don't like governments based on intimidation!!

Once again they are trying to deny her of her rights. Amazing Thailand. They want to hang her as fast as they can. What about the Yellows who took over the airport. Why hasn't that case been solved. It's over 6 years old. this case isn't a year old.

All depends on the colour of the shirt!!coffee1.gif

Plenty of cases preceding the airport but the airport case isn't going before the NLA. AFAIK there are only PTP cases outstanding there.

Can you please keep the three-powers-of-democracy separate? The NLA is the (present provisional) 'Legislative' one, the 'Judiciary' is (should be) a separate different second one. Clearly the Shins' Thaksin (and Yingluck) wanted to bring both under the control of the 'Executive' (the Government) third one, but you're really making a hotchpotch from it. Why would, should, the NLA be busy with 'cases' (to quote you) which have already been taken up by the Judiciary, as it should be? Unfortunately, IMO, there are indeed still some affairs involving the PTP which are being 'negotiated', by the 'Executive' and by the 'Legislative', while they should have gone straight to the 'Judiciary'. Or is it 'Justice for all', except for the PTP? And the UDD, and ...the Shins? For all, also the PDRC, 'students' organisations', Suthep &Co., for all it should be, the 'rich and (in-)famous, the powerfull, the 'connected' ones, the ones wearing a white, a brown, or a green uniform, all! But 'the system' (not 'the elites', it's much more intricate than that) will, never, let it happen...

Here we go again!! We can't win at the ballot-box, but we can always trust the "independent" Thai judiciary to do the dirty work for us!!

And the Shins' anthem then? 'We buy ourselves a cheap majority of gullible ignorants N.& E., put the pawn we have groomed to on top of it (N.B. your idol Thaksin), set (bend) the Judiciary to our hand, and with the police and the army in our pocket, we are the masters of Thailand'? Unfortunately for the clan, it didn't all go as planned with some(!) parts of the Judiciary and the Military. And there might also have been another 'family' which did not agree (anymore)... All considerations you may not be busy with, but that I like to put forward to balance your, mind you, for me far from totally incorrect, opinion. Do two wrongs make a right though? Not for me! Only totally new movements and parties, excluding all existing politicians and colour-coded (anti-) 'heroes', bound by their published programs, and made automatically responsible for all their actions, could IMO bring the country forward, with a Judiciary serving Justice to all, with the Military in their barracks, the police doing, exclusively(!) a, good, police job, and, why not, to make it entirely irrealistic, all people becoming a, totally different, decent, education. My dream for Thailand, which will alas probably remain a dream forever... What is your dream JOC?

Good post!! And my dream doesn't differ very much from yours. But the big question is, how do we get there? All your suggestions make sense, but you know yourself how many "buts" there are involved.

Ban PTP politicians for life and do the same with politicians from other parties, give the army 5 years as caretakers. Enough time to establish new political parties, make changes in the judiciary, write a new constitution where all people are included and do major changes in the RTP. For starters!!

But to ever get there, we can not accept "just one more case" where the the judiciary is wearing their yellow glasses!!

As for Thaksin being my hero. Far from! Ofcourse the rural poor should not be represented by a multi-billionare, but by one of their own.

I just don't like governments based on intimidation!!

Sorry then for what I wrote about you being a fan of Thaksin. I got the wrong impression because of some true fanatics here you seemed to associate yourself with, but it will have been them with you then, I guess. And you might be right about the higher Courts being more on the side of conservative powers, it ain't good, but isn't it the same in all, true, Democracies of the West, maybe the sense of a duty to protect a nation's institutions, and 'on the small side' a feeling to belong to a leading class, but to say they wear yellow glasses like you, hmm, not sure, to me though it is much more evident the 'mean Thaksin machine' has 'bent' the Criminal Courts, the Courts of Appeal, and, not to forget the OAG, in its favour, having been 'planting' people of their own there year after year, and I would then rather say those do wear red shades.

For the rest, it seems we are both on a same wavelength then, idealists lost in a country which we love but is not ours, and where we are 'not supposed' to express any political opinion, not that it might change anything, alas. Should we shut up and stop criticising all what is evidently wrong? Personally, I don't want to make any wrongdoer that favour, may only one be aware of our existence here, it will all not have been in vain!

Cheers

• Like 1

The action is commenced by service of legal process by delivery of these documents on the defendant by a process server.

Wrong, again, here, in Thailand, and also in the old Democracy I am a citizen of! Is it like that, that you would know about, in the country you come from?

Are 'consultation' and 'communication' of records a same thing there?

Edited by bangrak

So they use the bully boy tactics and haven't yet forwarded the lawyers the 4000 page case against her.

Maybe the lawyers forgot to pick them up?

BTW didn't Ms. Yingluck already get most of those pages February/March this year? That was when she asked for postponement after postponement and provided lists of additional witnesses, via her legal team?

To save lots of trees in the ever decreasing forests left, wouldn't it be better the NLA only asked her legal team to pick up the changed and/or new pages?

PS 7/11 asked to appear, 12/11 discuss request to appear. later this month new request to appear in 15 days time. December has public holidays, her son needs to have his Christmas party abroad and New Year as well. So how much time does the NLA 'legally' have to decide on impeachment ? Can they just go ahead and quote 'lack of cooperation by the accused' as valid reason?

PPS does the legal team also want a copy of the 'defence evidence' they gave the NACC end of March, all 200 pages ? Maybe they might want to make changes necessary due to new evidence dug up by the NACC ?

hey man relax - shes just following Sutheps lead

This is what lawyers do when they don't have a legitimate defense; delay, delay, delay. And in the meantime, obfuscate, misdirect, misconstrue, assault motives, plead for sympathy, and make excuses. This phenomena is not confined to Thailand. At the very minimum, Ms Yingluck should be banned from politics for five years and pay the maximum fine which is equivalent to the cost of a new pair of Burberry boots. The penalties she faces are equal to being told she was a naughty girl and please wait for five years before doing it again. In the mean time, she gets lots of free publicity, keeps her name and face in front of her supporters, and reminds everyone of the one who will not/can not be forgotten.

• Like 1

Once again they are trying to deny her of her rights. Amazing Thailand. They want to hang her as fast as they can. What about the Yellows who took over the airport. Why hasn't that case been solved. It's over 6 years old. this case isn't a year old.

Altogether now, Oooooh! poor didums.

Indeed, can one imagine how long it could take then for some case involving a Shin to come in hands of the Judicial, when ever allowed to by 'the system' they are integral part of, being 'elite' both old and new, extremely wealthy and powefull, far above the level of any 'yellow' or 'Suthepist', even the man himself, and the Judicial would try to start acting, proceeding, about it, oh my, the, present, 'statue of limitations' would have been overcome, by far, or Yingluck, here, would be 'temporary not available', enjoying some huge sandbeaches, or shopping, somewhere, following the example of Thaksin, of goon Chalerm (who actually pulled it off, staying in Malaysia 'long enough', do you know about that you, the 'apologists'?) and many others among their minions in Cambodia, Hong-Kong or elsewhere!

Let the 'apologists' tell us about any case, as valid and underbuilt as might be, which has been let go(!) far enough for a ruling to take place, except the Yaowapa, crooked, land deal (but wasn't Al Capone caught on a lousy tax evasion affair while covering up so well all of his criminal activities), there are scores of them, introduced in the past, which came to a 'providential', as much as unexplainable, end, like in the ones the OAG, the State prosecutors, and many others, pulled back while having a positive ruling in their grasp. Scores waiting to be introduced too, dirty old upper-class favouring system, for Thaksin to be present in persona (while being allowed to start up libel and other legal actions...), the 'man'(?) has many reasons to stay away...

YES, there is 'class Justice', synonimous for me to no Justice, in Thailand, but the Shins and allied families in the clan, have been profitting from that, and a lot! Can't you accept that, you believers of, or in, would it be like recanting for you to admit a patent truth? Is 'that' the kind of 'Justice for all' you want for 'the people' you pretend to come up for?

Mango Bob, this isn't Thai (you're not either anyway, I assume), but something from our old Democracies: 'Justice is like a mill, grinding very slow, but it grinds very fine and faultless' (in Democracies, mostly, at least, what Thailand cannot pretend to, ever, have been, alas)...

P.S.: in 'our' countries, when someone would spring up off his chair shouting: 'I love Hitler', there's still a fair chance he would be insulted and punched on the nose in a matter of seconds, moderate persons though, making use of intellectual means, might try to explain to him what he did is not right and abusive, I prefer to belong to the second category, but it takes more time to do so...

Edited by bangrak
  • Like 1

This is what lawyers do when they don't have a legitimate defense; delay, delay, delay. And in the meantime, obfuscate, misdirect, misconstrue, assault motives, plead for sympathy, and make excuses. This phenomena is not confined to Thailand. At the very minimum, Ms Yingluck should be banned from politics for five years and pay the maximum fine which is equivalent to the cost of a new pair of Burberry boots. The penalties she faces are equal to being told she was a naughty girl and please wait for five years before doing it again. In the mean time, she gets lots of free publicity, keeps her name and face in front of her supporters, and reminds everyone of the one who will not/can not be forgotten.

Nobody puts in doubt the Shins' PR machine is doing a very good, though utterly insidious, job, I wonder how many millions a year it costs them, but to go on with it like they do, it can't only be about face, they must be betting on high profits to be generated by it in the future, and I do hope that future never will come, for the Thais' sake, I mean...!

Nobody puts in doubt the Shins' PR machine is doing a very good, though utterly insidious, job, I wonder how many millions a year it costs them, but to go on with it like they do, it can't only be about face, they must be betting on high profits to be generated by it in the future, and I do hope that future never will come, for the Thais' sake, I mean...!

Dr. Thaksin has NOT given up on his goal of 'President for Life' in the style of his good friend Hun Sen. He wants a political dynasty all the more because the only way to reclaim the face he lost would be to return to power and have the last laugh. If the PM can resist all the temptations offered by the super-wealthy, fugitive felon, ex PM, then Thailand will have a chance to be rid of the Thaksin threat. Unfortunately, the last coup leader, Gen. Sonthi, sold his soul and opened the door for another Thaksin puppet government; he even joined that puppet government and worked for Thaksin's white-washed return. Thaksin is ruthless and relentless in his quest for power. He plays on the greed of others and uses them for his purposes. Punishing Yingluck would be a sign from this government that they won't be bought off by Thaksin. If the current government cannot impose even this minimalist punishment (five year political ban and Bt. 10,000 fine) on Ms Yingluck, what would you expect from it in the prosecution of the real damage done to the Thai taxpayers and to honest government. How the Yingluck case is handled will be a bellweather of this government's attitude to corruption and political criminality.

• Like 1

The army is in the Shinawatras pocket?

All credibility got up and walked out the door as your fingers were typing this little piece of illogical delusion.

• Like 1

So when Suthep was too busy to attend court and he delayed, delayed, delayed........

Dr. Thaksin has NOT given up on his goal of 'President for Life' in the style of his good friend Hun Sen. He wants a political dynasty all the more because the only way to reclaim the face he lost would be to return to power and have the last laugh. If the PM can resist all the temptations offered by the super-wealthy, fugitive felon, ex PM, then Thailand will have a chance to be rid of the Thaksin threat. Unfortunately, the last coup leader, Gen. Sonthi, sold his soul and opened the door for another Thaksin puppet government; he even joined that puppet government and worked for Thaksin's white-washed return. Thaksin is ruthless and relentless in his quest for power. He plays on the greed of others and uses them for his purposes. Punishing Yingluck would be a sign from this government that they won't be bought off by Thaksin. If the current government cannot impose even this minimalist punishment (five year political ban and Bt. 10,000 fine) on Ms Yingluck, what would you expect from it in the prosecution of the real damage done to the Thai taxpayers and to honest government. How the Yingluck case is handled will be a bellweather of this government's attitude to corruption and political criminality.

The people want what the people want.

So when Suthep was too busy to attend court and he delayed, delayed, delayed........

Absolutely! Suthep as well as the terrorist who invaded Government House and occupied the airport. They should have begun their prison terms years ago. I don't do double standards and the ends rarely justify the means when the 'means' are illegal under the constitution.

• Like 2

Absolutely! Suthep as well as the terrorist who invaded Government House and occupied the airport. They should have begun their prison terms years ago. I don't do double standards and the ends rarely justify the means when the 'means' are illegal under the constitution.

What constitution?

It's long gone.

If you don't do double standards why are you not spouting off about the many, many others yet to face their day in court who should be well ahead of Yingluck in the queue.

If the system were equitable the next 5 years would be spent prosecuting Yellows all the way back to the PAD and Sondhi and then they should turn their attention to the trumped up charges against Yingluck!

Double standards is what you and they are all about.

Edited by Robespiere

The people want what the people want.

"People in Hell want ice water". "Shit in one hand and 'wish' in the other and see which one fill up first". People 'want' a free ride where someone else pays. I could go on.

Just because people, your spouse, your child, etc. 'want', doesn't mean it is right or feasible to give them what they want.

To more succinctly answer your post, not all wanted Dr. Thaksin; not even most. A large percentage did but not a majority and certainly not enough to throw out the present form of government in Thailand which is a Constitutional Monarchy and which is not compatible with Dr. Thaksin's desire to become the first 'President'.

• Like 1

What constitution?

It's long gone.

If you don't do double standards why are you not spouting off about the many, many others yet to face their day in court who should be well ahead of Yingluck in the queue.

If the system were equitable the next 5 years would be spent prosecuting Yellows all the way back to the PAD and Sondhi and then they should turn their attention to the trumped up charges against Yingluck!

Duble standards is what you and they are all about.

Wow, you can argue with someone who just agreed with you. I think you are too one-sided to think straight so I won't be further wasting my time to reply to you.

• Like 1

He said Ms Yingluck has designated her lawyer to appear at the meeting on November 12 instead.

He was explained that the reason for her postponement of impeachment was due mainly to the meeting regulation of the assembly which states clearly that a summoned person must be given 15 days in advance to have time to study the impeachment case file so that she could defend herself, or request more witnesses’ testimonies.

He said until now she has not yet received any case file from the National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC) to study and prepare for defence.

The lawyer said that without the impeachment case file from the NACC for study in advance, the accused was tantamount to be deprived of the right to protect herself against accusations when the NLA opens the impeachment debate.

People could argue there is to date no case to answer for anyway if nothing has been forwarded before the hearing and according to the law in timely fashion.

Really its pathetic.

He said until now she has not yet received any case file from the National Anti Corruption Commission (NACC) to study and prepare for defence.

Is it that her legal team is waiting for this case file to be delivered, and they should actually go and pick it up? Just asking, because her legal team does not seem to be the sharpest pencils in the box.

Yingluck’s team of lawyers led by Mr Phichit Chuenbarn

Yes, the pastry box lawyer is definitely not the sharpest pencil in the box.

Laughable that he is the Leader of Team Yingluck.

Edited by Pierrefun
  • Like 1