What is the shopping like in these cities....? (around the world )

kunash

i am thinking of going to dubai or new york, for a short break. i particuarly like shopping in a good shopping mall ( for example central world in BKK ) - which has good restaurants, cinema, and shops

do these cities have excellent shopping malls, do you know what they are called?

can you suggest any other cities which have excellent shopping malls ( do you know the names of the malls? ) - except asia and australia

thanks

Dubai has incredible shopping malls. They really build them on an incredible scale.

I'm struggling for names, Wafi mall. Dubai mall. Deira city. Jumeirah mall. It's been some years since I was there, they've probably built even bigger ones. Make sure you take heaps of coin....it won't be cheap 55555

Take a stroll down at the gold souk...well worth a look.

Abu Dhabi is worth a look too.

• Like 1

If you want shopping malls then Dubai is the place for you. (Note that Mall of the Emirates has an actual indoor ski slope inside the mall.) See link:

http://www.hotelsindubai.com/shop/dubai_malls.htm

New York City also has great shopping but not malls, per se. More like strolling down the avenues from store to store....still great shopping with bars, cafes, etc. interspersed but not set up in a mall construct.

Agreed, Dubai does have nice shopping malls with a wide range of products. However, prices are quite high (compared to Europe).

NY and Boston would be much better alternatives, especially with their outlet centers.

My 2 cents