Flight arrives Vientiane 10:35 AM. Enough time to apply visa before 12:00?

The queue for the VOA will probably screw you but if you run off the plane, and have your docs in order, get lucky with a taxi and traffic, you never know. Head straight there anyway, just in case they are still taking applications when you arrive.

For next time: better go to Udon Thani and on to Nong Khai. Better chance to meet the deadline I would guess.

Earliest arrival at Udon from Don Mueang: 7:00h with Nok Air (easy)

Earliest arrival at Udon from Suvarnabhumi: 8:30h with Bangkok Airways (doable)

Edited by KhunBENQ

I'm gonna go waaaay out on a limb here and say:

NO WAAAAY!

Why? Plane might be late. Customs/passport will take longer than you think, esp since everyone knows you gotta be there by noon, prompting them to do a passive/aggressive on your booty. Cab driver will do same same. Plus, other farangs and Asians from wherever will be in front of you in line. Etc etc etc. If I could find a sucker, I'd bet on this one, cause, like sweet old daddy always said: Son, never make a bet unless it's a sure thing. Thanks, Daddy.

:-)

Not likely, but here is a suggestion: relax and do it the following day. So many people I meet on a visa run in Vientiane is so eager to get out as soon as they can , as if the town is a big inconvenience to them...many nationalities spend upwards of $30 on the Visa, so why be in such a big rush? The city has a lot to offer and personally I can easily turn a visa run into a 5-6 day experience. There is good food, good lodging, the people are nice, some nice temples and a few other things I won't mention in the OP...Now, , if for some time constraint reason, maybe you CANNOT afford to lose any time for whatever and MUST make it to the embassy on the same day. If that is the case, I apologise for my assumption, other than that, turn the whole process into a little "mini vacation"

Edited by Smurkster
  • Like 2

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother. Instead, check into a nice hotel by the river and explore. There is a lot to see, do and eat in Vientiane.

If conditions are perfect and you try to get there on time, it won't happen 99.% of the time. You will be lucky to be out of the airport and in a cab by the time immigration stops receiving applications.

My two kip.

Yeah, I wouldn't even bother. Instead, check into a nice hotel by the river and explore. There is a lot to see, do and eat in Vientiane.

If conditions are perfect and you try to get there on time, it won't happen 99.% of the time. You will be lucky to be out of the airport and in a cab by the time immigration stops receiving applications.

My two kip.

+1.

What is it with all these visa-dodging migrants who cannot afford a night in Vientiane (or Savannakhet)? A guest house costs 400 baht. That's hardly more than ten (US) dollars. If you are so poor, even Thais don't want you back. Go somewhere cheaper.

I'm afraid you're barking up the wrong tree. To begin with, directly flights to Vientane, like the OP has, can cost 10 times as much the ones to Udon Thani, or travelling by van. That plus the fact that nowhere cost has been mentioned makes me think this time you've wasted your rage against people on a tight budget.