Unusual clauses for Flower Delivery in Bangkok

phazey

So, I'm thinking of getting the wife some flowers for her upcoming birthday - these stipulations from the vendor i got from google made me decide not to use them. Bit of an invasion of privacy given no choice in the matter....Should be optional IMHO..

2. The recipient must allow and available for take his/her photo at the time of delivery.

4. The delivery places must not restrict us to take photo.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure you are taking it out of context and reading it incorrectly. The full quote on the website is this:

Now! We offer FREE PHOTO of the recipient with your gifts or just a photo of your flowers send to your E-mail. Condition Apply.

1. Your order must be delivered within Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathumthani and Samutprakarn.

2. The recipient must allow and available for take his/her photo at the time of delivery.

3. We can not take a photo if it's raining.

4. The delivery places must not restrict us to take photo.

5. During the festive period (busy) we could not take all the photo as we do not have enough camera to support all the orders.

So as I read it these conditions apply specifically to the sending you a picture of the recipient receiving the flowers, not to the delivery itself. And, of course, they can not send you the picture if the recipient or the place of delivery don't allow pictures to be taken.

Sophon

• Like 2

Total invasion of privacy. Maybe they are covering their butts in the land of scams ?

I have used this mob for a random nice surprise for me misses, not exactly cheap but the flowers have been western standards, not those p1ssy Thai roses. Took pics of the flowers as part of the service but was optional by memory. Defiantly not a must do of the person getting them. Many places are paroniod about cameras here. Here is the mob I have used happily, well not had any issues anyway, touch wood.

Maybe I will try Bangkok Personal Shopper mentioned above when we are next apart.

Edited by Chao Lao Beach

Well, Got two answers here. I've used some flower deliver service a few times with no issues (apart from the delivery guy calling the wife and spoiling the surprise in advance for directions), and I can understand some scams out there "where is my flowers tilac?" We've not had issues with quality - quite excellent flowers in the past that lasted quite a time - just can't remember who i used.

And Thanks CLB for the suggestion - but i don't quite think i'll use "GO GO Florist"...... just can't quite put my finger on why........ :)

My initial reactions though (anti trolling, my apologies) was that they'd use images of my missus for commercial purposes and i would not hear the end of it if she collected them without make up and in housework clothes......would have been a laugh mind.