New suspects in Madeleine McCann' disappearance

webfact

Madeleine McCann: Seven suspects to be questioned over the disappearance of the missing three-year-old

PORTUGAL: -- SEVEN people will be questioned as suspects in the disappearance of Madeleine McCann this month.

The interviews, to take place between November 24 and 28, could provide major breakthrough in the investigation that has become one of the greatest mysteries in criminal history since the three-year-old went missing while on holiday in Portugal in 2007.

Portuguese police will question five men and two women who are believed to have been at the resort where the McCanns were holiday on May 3, 2007, ITV reports. British police have requested to sit in on interviews.

It has been reported that some of those being questioned have spoken to police before and have criminal histories, though none of them were known to the family.

The breakthrough follows extensive reviews of mobile phone activity on the night, and it has been reported the group were in contact with each other by text message on the night of Madeleine’s disappearance.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/europe/madeleine-mccann-seven-suspects-to-be-questioned-over-the-disappearance-of-the-missing-threeyearold/story-fnh81p7g-1227119419694

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2014-11-11

What seriously?????? , phone call checking into people with know criminal records, staying at the resort, at the same time as the McCanns, is only recently been checked.

Again, another big lesson to be learned by RTP investigators into the activities on the night of the Koh Tao murders. If they really want to solve the case, that is ????

Edited by daiwill60
  • Like 1

What seriously?????? , phone call checking into people with know criminal records, staying at the resort, at the same time as the McCanns, is only recently been checked.

Again, another big lesson to be learned by RTP investigators into the activities on the night of the Koh Tao murders. If they really want to solve the case, that is ????

I think we all know the honest answer to your last question my friend.

Gee, looks like this is another case where the British Police are on scene and working their special magic ... and the new set of suspects includes Brits.

Scotland Yard detectives have been given permission to instigate a fresh set of probes by new prosecutor Ines Sequeira, who has finally approved a fifth international letter of request that was received by the state in August.

This list, consisting of people who have never been questioned by British officers before, is also thought to include British as well as Portuguese nationals.

After being given the go-ahead, officers in Faro, Portugal, are now arranging the interviews for British police, which will take place at the same police station where four suspects were probed in July

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/531252/Maddie-McCann-British-police-to-return-to-Portugal

I agree with you in theory but how to search for people with criminal records when there is no accountability in this country. Anyone with influence or cash can pretty much kill at will.

• Like 1

I agree with you in theory but how to search for people with criminal records when there is no accountability in this country. Anyone with influence or cash can pretty much kill at will.

That includes Farang as well. I was present at Central Condo when a Norwegian drunk alledgedly threw his girlfriend off their 5th floor balcony. I was also friends with a New Zealander who was alledgedly stabbed in the back by a Swedish guy in a premeditated attack. Both suspects are back in Scandinavia after paying what is rumoured to be in the order of 1 million Baht a peice.

Madeleine McCann Investigators Set to Question 11: Sources

British and Portuguese police investigating the disappearance of Madeleine McCann are set to question 11 people, sources close to the case told NBC News. The grilling will begin on Nov. 24, after British police receive permission to sit in on interrogations about the three-year-old who went missing from a hotel room in Portugal in 2007.

Eleven people, including several Britons, will ultimately be brought in, the sources said. Seven of them will be designated "arguidos" — a Portuguese legal term that gives them different rights than ordinary witnesses but does not mean they will be charged with any crime. Some of the people questioned about the case in July were given the same status. The missing girl's parents, Kate and Gerry, were initially treated as "arguidos" after she vanished from the resort in Praia da Luz, but the status was lifted in July 2008. A new probe was opened last year.

NBC News

We have seen these sort of headlines all through this case to no avail.

I am not sure why the parents continue to play all this out in public.

If they had been a bit more concerned about the little girl on the night she disappeared instead of partying with friends this would

never have happened.

• Like 2

If they had been a bit more concerned about the little girl on the night she disappeared instead of partying with friends this would

never have happened.

The pursuit of justice for violence against children should never end.

never have happened.

Perhaps you should contact the police in the north of England who appear to have taken a very casual approach to the hundreds of men involved in sex abuse cases against under age girls.

The police have only stayed with the McCann case because of the parents tenacity.

Meanwhile this report in the Birmingham Mail a few weeks ago shows a shocking picture.

A bombshell police report has revealed 75 per cent of known on-street child sex groomers in the West Midlands are Asian with 82 per cent of victims, aged 14 to 16, being white.

And a Birmingham Mail investigation has discovered how police, councils and social services have been failing vulnerable victims in a new abuse scandal which follows those identified in Rotherham, Rochdale and Derbyshire.

The shocking statistics are contained in a confidential report from West Midlands Police.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-police-report-reveals-7948902

If the UK police spent half as much time tracking down criminals as they do chasing motorists we might see a lot more cases brought to court

• Like 1

never have happened.

Perhaps you should contact the police in the north of England who appear to have taken a very casual approach to the hundreds of men involved in sex abuse cases against under age girls.

The police have only stayed with the McCann case because of the parents tenacity.

Meanwhile this report in the Birmingham Mail a few weeks ago shows a shocking picture.

A bombshell police report has revealed 75 per cent of known on-street child sex groomers in the West Midlands are Asian with 82 per cent of victims, aged 14 to 16, being white.

And a Birmingham Mail investigation has discovered how police, councils and social services have been failing vulnerable victims in a new abuse scandal which follows those identified in Rotherham, Rochdale and Derbyshire.

The shocking statistics are contained in a confidential report from West Midlands Police.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/west-midlands-police-report-reveals-7948902

If the UK police spent half as much time tracking down criminals as they do chasing motorists we might see a lot more cases brought to court

I cannot fathom how something like this was allowed to continue for so long.

The sheer numbers of victims and the years it continued is reprehensible.

I am surprised they were able to report the ethnicity of the "groomers" as such information would be considered "racist" in the US.

To be fair, the police cannot investigate unless they are aware of its existence--in other words, were reports being made by victims or concerned caregivers?

Its disgraceful.

Edited by ClutchClark

never have happened.

Considering the rumours and innuendo, not least from the Portuguese police, suggesting they murdered their own kid, it's not that surprising. It's also not that unusual for parents to do what they did. They were nearby and were going back to check during the night. The odds of their being an actual paedo abductor keeping watch would have been pretty remote.

To which country are you referring. Thailand or Portugal?

Thailand doesn't come into this story in any way.

• Like 1

I cannot fathom how something like this was allowed to continue for so long.

The sheer numbers of victims and the years it continued is reprehensible.

I am surprised they were able to report the ethnicity of the "groomers" as such information would be considered "racist" in the US.

To be fair, the police cannot investigate unless they are aware of its existence--in other words, were reports being made by victims or concerned caregivers?

Its disgraceful.

2 years ago the ethnicity of these barbarians would have been kept hidden in the UK. There is still cases ongoing where it will still not be mentioned. Thankfully this is now changing. The racist accusations are now starting to disappear as it becomes more apparent that telling the truth does not make one a racist.

The police were fully aware of what was going on. As were the Home Office. here is just 1 report. Surprise Surprise it could not really determine if there was a cover up or not. I wont make judgement, but there was VERY senior Politicians implicated.

Ministers asked the head of the NSPCC to examine how the Home Office dealt with files alleging abuse from 1979-99.

Peter Wanless's report said it was impossible to say whether files were removed to cover up abuse - but found nothing to support such a claim.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-30002908

I have to agree with you. The pursuit of justice for children should never end.

One way or anther I hope that the McCanns can finally get some closure.

What, no criticizing of the Portuguese Police,: No theories, assumptions or speculation on this crime from the armchair detectives. Why is this so? Not in Thailand, so the experts and haters are laying low.

But wait, despite this happening in Portugal, we still have certain members wanting to slag off at the RTP. Can't wait to highlight your prejudices with a statement that is totally irrelevant and in no way applicable to the original post.

The facts that have come to light during the Portuguese Police investigation clearly highlights their ineptness, yet none of you so called experts have put forward any scenarios, defamed anyone, or in some cases, made comments that could b seen by some as racist I did however, notice the criticism of the BP. Is that also justified?

Thailand doesn't come into this story in any way.

Check out this guy's T-shirt for a Thailand link!

Madeleine McCann: paedophile extradited to UK

Roderick MacDonald, 76, who has previously been convicted of sexually assaulting a young girl, and who has been linked to the McCann case, is being extradited to England from Malta.

post-18822-0-62748600-1415839075_thumb.j

http://www.watoday.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-case-british-paedophile-arrested-to-be-questioned-reports-20141014-11676e.htmlhttp://www.watoday.com.au/world/madeleine-mccann-case-british-paedophile-arrested-to-be-questioned-reports-20141014-11676e.html

Edited by Old Croc