Car falls down the black hole at Erawan Hotel Bangkok

webfact

Car falls down the black hole at Erawan Hotel
By Coconuts Bangkok

erawan_0.jpg
Photo: Voize Kosolsuwiwat

BANGKOK: -- These embarrassing things happen in Bangkok so frequently one starts questioning how talented one has to be to drive among such roadmasters.

This time it happened at the Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok Hotel in the center of the Pathum Wan area.

It’s not clear how it actually ended up like that, but we would guess the driver accidentally backed the car down onto the hotel’s glory hole.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/11/11/car-falls-down-black-hole-erawan-hotel-0

Coconuts BKK

• Like 1

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...onto the hotel’s glory hole.

er...seriously? Does this author even understand what they've just submitted here?

---EDIT---

Reference for those with English as a 2nd language...and a big degree of innocence in the modern world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_%28sexual_slang%29

Seems to be their schtick. I think they think it's edgy and cool in that cynical expat sort of way.

There was a Coconuts "journo boob" (young American hipster looking kid) who did a video tour inside the US Embassy BKK. Even got a spot with the Ambassador, outside in the common area though, not allowed into her office (LOL). The vid was actually OK, but you could sense the trepidation from the Embassy staff about these jokers.

...onto the hotels glory hole.

er...seriously? Does this author even understand what they've just submitted here?

---EDIT---

Reference for those with English as a 2nd language...and a big degree of innocence in the modern world...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glory_hole_%28sexual_slang%29

Maybe I'm giving may age away but it's on my profile anyway but when i was young a ' glory hole ' was a cupboard etc where things not wanted, needed , to be hidden etc were thrown into.

Not as exciting as current usage. Ooh I'm getting old.

Yes Glory Hole as I knew it was a room or large Cupboard that all the junk got kept in.

Now as I am older there is another use for that word..., which I am too polite to tell.

But some members I am sure will know this term.....

My guess is that they had both hands off the steering wheel to wai the shrine at the hotel.

There are times when it is best not to wai, driving being one of them.

Correct. Anyone who has been to Khorat must have seen the monument to Suranee, the famous female warrior. Her statue stands in the centre of a large traffic circle that is always busy. Without fail every road user whether they be in a bus, car, or on a motor cycle or bicycle will wai with both hands as they pass the statue. I would love a quid for every time that there has been a bingle or a near miss around that roundabout. I'd be filthy rich.

• Like 1