CIB police commissioner and deputy abruptly transferred

webfact

CIB police commissioner and deputy abruptly transferred

BANGKOK: -- The Royal Thai Police commissioner ordered an immediate transfer of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) commissioner and his deputy to the Royal Thai Police, effective Tuesday.

No reason was given in the lightning transfer of the CIB commissioner Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat Chayaphan, and CIB deputy commissioner Pol Maj- Gen Kowit Pongrungroj by the Royal Thai Police commissioner Pol Gen Somyot Phumpanmuang.

But Pol Gen Somyot said in the 610/2557 Order dated yesterday, that both are relinquished of their positions and duties at the CIB to take on new jobs to be designated later, and until further notice is given. They are also required to report to the Royal Thai Police Operations Centre at 10.00 am on Wednesday.

Assistant commissioner of the Royal Thai Police Pol Lt-Gen Pravuth Thavornsiri will act as CIB commissioner, the order stated.

Pol Maj-Gen Pravuth is still on an overseas work inspection trip.

Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat was appointed to head the CIB since 2010.

Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat, Pol Maj-Gen Kowit, and Pol Lt-Gen Pravuth Thavornsiri are all former classmates of Class 31st of Pol Gen Somyot at the Police Cadet Academy.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cib-police-commissioner-deputy-abruptly-transferred/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-11-12

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmm...... "The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) commissioner and his deputy..."

I hope they are responsible for considerable upcoming loss of face for Thailand over a certain matter.

Is that too much too hope for?

Keeping it in the family, or classmates, sometimes or other permits too manky cocks to spoil the brothels.

Ooops...: Edit: spelling.... to many cooks to spoil the broth, I meant, of course. w00t.gif

Edited by Commerce
  • Like 1

Hmmmm...... "The Central Investigation Bureau (CIB) commissioner and his deputy..."

I hope they are responsible for considerable upcoming loss of face for Thailand over a certain matter.

Keeping it in the family, or classmates, sometimes or other permits too manky cocks to spoil the brothels.

Ooops...: Edit: spelling.... to many cooks to spoil the broth, I meant, of course. w00t.gif

Though a manky one might also spoil the broth more.

Yes, it is odd these men are transferred without notice. Something smells and not just the manky cock.

Two Thai scapegoats for a change?? Wouldn't that be nice!!

The T2 !!

• Like 1

cock a leekie soup by any chance! giggle.gif

• Like 1

You're all being far too cynical. It's obvious that the Royal Thai Police Operations Centre suddenly had a pressing and immediate need for two fine gentlemen of their calibre and the CIB was able to spare them.

Surely if there were anything dodgy involved they'd be moved to inactive postings.

Two Thai scapegoats for a change?? Wouldn't that be nice!!

The T2 !!

Not quite on the class level of the real T2. ;)

http://www.rrab.com/bt2.htm

But about the same age, I'd give it that.

• Like 2

You're all being far too cynical. It's obvious that the Royal Thai Police Operations Centre suddenly had a pressing and immediate need for two fine gentlemen of their calibre and the CIB was able to spare them.

Surely if there were anything dodgy involved they'd be moved to inactive postings.

Surely being relinquished of their position leaves them inactive and being ordered to report to the command is not sayin reporting to start a new active position

The ministry of inactive posts already outnumbers the north Korean army and will continue until public defrocking becomes the default position here.

Maybe they could be used for building streets, or chain them together and let them clean the beaches and klongs?

A shame if you do something that will get you fired or into jail in most other countries will get you an inactive post with full salary in Thailand.....For some of them an inactive post won't be too much change to their previous post, anyway.

• Like 1

Surely being relinquished of their position leaves them inactive and being ordered to report to the command is not sayin reporting to start a new active position

Jobs for the boys....and / recent events.

Either way, they have most likely been given a couple of desks in an empty room, and have been told to sit there until instructed to do otherwise. Oh how the apples fall from the cart.

The ministry of inactive posts already outnumbers the north Korean army and will continue until public defrocking becomes the default position here.

Maybe they could be used for building streets, or chain them together and let them clean the beaches and klongs?

A shame if you do something that will get you fired or into jail in most other countries will get you an inactive post with full salary in Thailand.....For some of them an inactive post won't be too much change to their previous post, anyway.

The problem here is that they may have not done anything wrong. They just have to be from a different police academy class / be in a different circle. Their basic salary is paltry compared to all of the 'extras' active coppers get.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One wonders whether there may have been leak from the U.K police concerning certain matters or even political pressure from elsewhere concerning recent matters ?

I'm lost. Is the CIB the agency which investigated the two recent murders on Koh Tao?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

One wonders whether there may have been leak from the U.K police concerning certain matters or even political pressure from elsewhere concerning recent matters ?

I'm lost. Is the CIB the agency which investigated the two recent murders on Koh Tao?

No, when anything outside having sticking their nose too deep in the trough, it could have had to make sure the SY team discovers nothing 'interesting', maybe the few words the commanding officer had with Gen Somyot were then at the origin...? All conjectures on our side anyway, and IMO the only thing for sure is that, as usually, we will never know the truth.

Pol Lt-Gen Pongpat, Pol Maj-Gen Kowit, and Pol Lt-Gen Pravuth Thavornsiri are all former classmates of Class 31st of Pol Gen Somyot at the Police Cadet Academy.

Meanwhile Pol. Gen Somyot remains in post and has just become half owner, along with the Samart Corporation, of the 1.2 Billion baht acquisition of a 50% plus holding in M Link (mobile phones) being sold by the Wongsawat Family. That may have made a dent in his net worth of 356 million baht, one would have thought?

Apparently he has close ties with the Vilanuck Family (who own Samart Corporation) but probably more importantly with Deputy Prime Minister Wongsuwon, who incidentally has a brother, who was the Police Chief that was sacked by abhisit, but has recently had his dismissal overturned after an appeal by PM O' Cha, which means that his pension is reinstated. No nepotism here, nothing to see.

A good job if you can get it, retain it....................................coffee1.gif

And that's why it's so damn expensive to buy a ticket in the next row in front, and the next, and the next, because the curve of 'side-earnings' goes exponential climbing the ladder, maybe the most sound 'investment' there is in Thailand...

Most likely connected to Koh Tao

K Police Finish Inquiry Over Koh Tao Murder

BANGKOK — The Scotland Yard has wrapped up its investigation into the murder of two British backpackers on Thailand's southern island of Koh Tao.

A representative of the British detective team met with Thailand’s chief of police today before leaving for the United Kingdom where he will brief the families of the two murder victims on the investigation.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1415711988&section=00

Scotland Yard is damned good. They trade ideas with the US FBI which strengthens both of them. They are so much smarter than the Thais that I hope they found a smoking gun.

Is it a coincidence that it all happened on the same day?

Time will tell and I will hope.

• Like 1

Maybe an attempt at head rolling but they did not take credit for investigation. Their boss Pol Comm G3eneral Somyot and the PM did.

Maybe an attempt at head rolling but they did not take credit for investigation. Their boss Pol Comm G3eneral Somyot and the PM did.

Taking credit and taking responsibility are worlds apart in Thailand.

I see this as the beginning of the KT headrolling but, I may well be wrong!

• Like 1