Recent Experiences Of Applying For Visa At Embassy In London (Especially By Post)

Anyone with any recent experiences of applying via post with the London Embassy?

How long are they taking to get your passport back to you?

I was planning on going in person to my local consulate but the person I just spoke to on the phone wasn't very helpful nor knowledgeable and indicated they "might not be available to do visas" in the week when I'd like to visit.

just did this for an ED visa there in mid Oct, sent it Monday royal mail special delivery, it was picked up next day and signed for, not sure when it was dispatched back to me as the Thurs was a thai holiday but I had it by Friday. I did have all my paperwork in order though

Printed off the forms for the London Embassy and they state on the forms

"You must travel within 3 months from the date of issue" (of your visa)

Think I saw this covered in another topic but I can't find it now, this is just an error right? It's 6 months from issue.

Around October, about 5 days from posting and getting back. Tourist visa.

Cash in the envelope (I refused to pay for postal orders).

Could have saved on their postage rates by enclosing an S.A.E. (insured & tracked).

• Like 1

It said on the form no cash postal order only so I sent a post order, cost a tenner for the postal order and another tenner for the cost for them to send it back to me (ripped off there!). Not to mention the special delivery.

All in all was over £100 for a triple entry visa when you factor in all the postage etc. Now lets just hope my passport doesn't go missing.

It said on the form no cash postal order only so I sent a post order, cost a tenner for the postal order and another tenner for the cost for them to send it back to me (ripped off there!). Not to mention the special delivery.

All in all was over £100 for a triple entry visa when you factor in all the postage etc. Now lets just hope my passport doesn't go missing.

Daylight robbery in this day and age having to pay for postal orders and almost 100% more for them to post everything back to us.

Daylight robbery in this day and age having to pay for postal orders and almost 100% more for them to post everything back to us.

But from reports here they will quietly accept cash in envelope * and prepaid special delivery.

So there is some remedy.

* I understand perfectly that for most cultures, postal regulations and even religions mailing cash is absolutely taboo. I claim my freedom of speech rights to just mention the possibility biggrin.png

Can any one help me I went to the Thai embassy in London and they told me they don't do any more the over 50 visa no more with bank statements i had to be 65 and over but as I had my marridge certificate and wife's copy of ID I would get a marridge Visa as I'm over 50 they stamped me

non immigrant O visa 12 months based on being married to a Thai citizen. When I arrived at swampy they stamped the entry date but not a 90 day leaving date so I can only assume I have to go to either immigration or my local police station that allows 90 day reporting. I didn't have to put any money into a Thai bank account so do I have to go to border after 90 days or do I go to local police or immigration ?

Can any one help me I went to the Thai embassy in London and they told me they don't do any more the over 50 visa no more with bank statements i had to be 65 and over but as I had my marridge certificate and wife's copy of ID I would get a marridge Visa as I'm over 50 they stamped me

non immigrant O visa 12 months based on being married to a Thai citizen. When I arrived at swampy they stamped the entry date but not a 90 day leaving date so I can only assume I have to go to either immigration or my local police station that allows 90 day reporting. I didn't have to put any money into a Thai bank account so do I have to go to border after 90 days or do I go to local police or immigration ?

You should get the date stamped at immigration. You will need to go the border every 90 days (in that case you don;t need reporting) but you can also extend each entry for 60 days, cost is bt 1,900.