Slow - I Mean Really Slow - Downloading Pages From Net

wilko

It is me or is there something going on with internet access?

I use a crappy TOT free connection, and I’m used to slow downloading etc, but over the last week (various times of day/night) it seems to me that whilst my email is downloading OK to Outlook, any site I try to get on to via Mozilla or IE - e.g. Thai Visa - is taking ages to download, frequently failing or coming out in a “bear threads” version.

This is getting very frustrating.

I’ve been told by TOT I can’t get broadband here so I’m stuck with dial-up.

(Actually they told me I could at first but after inspecting the line thety changed their mind)

any ideas?

PS - it's taken 6 min to open this new topic page! and it's still downloading!

DONE - 9 minutes.....!!!!!

I use a crappy TOT free connection, and I’m used to slow downloading etc, but over the last week (various times of day/night) it seems to me that whilst my email is downloading OK to Outlook, any site I try to get on to via Mozilla or IE - e.g. Thai Visa - is taking ages to download, frequently failing or coming out in a “bear threads” version.

(Actually they told me I could at first but after inspecting the line thety changed their mind)

any ideas?

wilko

I use GPRS out here in the boonies and I have had really bad download times plus I have been inside Thaivisa and tried to go to another page and been unable to do so.

I got a message www.thaivisa.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

I use Firefox but an older version.

I found that I was OK on IE and I downloaded Opera but that was just as bad. In the end I deleted Firefox (carefully saving my bookmarks to my D drive) and reloaded the latest version of Firefox. I have been online for 1 1/2 hours now and (touch wood) I have had no problems, however time will tell.

any ideas?

wilko

I use GPRS out here in the boonies and I have had really bad download times plus I have been inside Thaivisa and tried to go to another page and been unable to do so.

I got a message www.thaivisa.com could not be found. Please check the name and try again.

I use Firefox but an older version.

I found that I was OK on IE and I downloaded Opera but that was just as bad. In the end I deleted Firefox (carefully saving my bookmarks to my D drive) and reloaded the latest version of Firefox. I have been online for 1 1/2 hours now and (touch wood) I have had no problems, however time will tell.

Hi Wilco

george is tinkering with the server! Thats why some of us are having problems....see

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=77171