new passport

My passport is now very full I will be in the UK soon and apply for a new one . in the old one will have my retirement extension and re entery permit

When arrive back in Thilnand can i get immigration to stamp me in using data from old passport? or just a 30day entry?

Just show both passports on entry to use your re-entry permit in your old passport. Immigration will stamp you into the country in your new passport.

Then you will need go immigration to have your stamps transferred to your new passport. Dependent on which immigration office you have to use you may need a letter from UK embassy stating you got a new passport.

The UK embassy have never provided such a letter. Take the receipt for the new passport with you. They may not even ask for that. Last year when I had a new passport they didn't, ten years ago they did.

(edited spelling)

Edited by lungbing

The UK embassy have never provided such a letter. Take the receipt for the new passport with you. They may not even ask for that. Last year when I had a new passport they didn't, ten years ago they did.

(edited spelling)

They certainly will do the letter. See this post and others in the same topic where it is. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/713867-changes-to-british-passport-services-in-thailand/page-128?p=8664120#entry8664120

Just show both passports on entry to use your re-entry permit in your old passport. Immigration will stamp you into the country in your new passport.

Then you will need go immigration to have your stamps transferred to your new passport. Dependent on which immigration office you have to use you may need a letter from UK embassy stating you got a new passport.

ubonjoe, is Thai Immigration transferring extension of stay stamps to new passports again?

I seem to recall that extensions of stay were no longer being transferred to new passports; that a new extension would need to applied for.

Or perhaps I am confused unsure.png

ubonjoe, is Thai Immigration transferring extension of stay stamps to new passports again?

I seem to recall that extensions of stay were no longer being transferred to new passports; that a new extension would need to applied for.

They never stopped transferring extensions to new passports.

There was some confusion when the rules were changed to where you will not get a full one year extension if your passport has less than on year of validity. The extension will only be done to the date the passport expires and you have to get a new extension when the shortened one ends.