PM Prayut: Thailand in the second phase of roadmap to sustainable democracy

webfact

PM Prayut: Thailand in the second phase of roadmap to sustainable democracy

NAY PYI TAW, 13 November 2014 (NNT) – Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha told Mr. Ban Ki-moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations (UN) that Thailand was currently in the second phase of its national roadmap towards sustainable democracy. He also thanked the latter for his understanding towards the situation in Thailand.

The two met yesterday (12 Nov) on the sidelines of the 25th ASEAN Summit 2014 in Nay Pyi Taw, Myanmar.

Government Spokesman Yongyuth Mayalarp said Gen Prayut explained to the UN chief the need for the military intervention in Thai politics, saying the use of war weapons in the then political conflict was getting to the worst. The Prime Minister also indicated the current government’s stance to strive to return peace to the nation.

Currently, Gen Prayut said Thailand is in the second phase of the national roadmap which provides a government to pursue normal administration, in parallel with the national reform while paving the way for a sustainable democracy.

Prime Minister Prayut also assured Mr Ban of Thailand’s commitments to all foreign countries, both at bilateral and multi-lateral levels.

Under its commitments to the United Nations, Thailand has sent nearly 20,000 personnel, both men and women, to participate in the UN peace-keeping missions since 1950.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-11-13 footer_n.gif

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Contrary to the belief of the apologists, people DID speak to him, and he did speak to them. Here is the proof. Why didn't some of the antiPM brigade tell us he met the Sec Gen of the UN ??? because it was those minority ones that had all the latest news.

I always find from the denials they rarely give out info that goes against their rhetoric.

Contrary to the belief of the apologists, people DID speak to him, and he did speak to them. Here is the proof. Why didn't some of the antiPM brigade tell us he met the Sec Gen of the UN ??? because it was those minority ones that had all the latest news.

I always find from the denials they rarely give out info that goes against their rhetoric.

The meeting was yesterday and is only now being reported.

Unusual his officials were not all over it and reporting how he wowed Ban.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

I always find from the denials they rarely give out info that goes against their rhetoric

You read that 'other paper's; report on how well his 'explanations' have gone down?

Edited by blaze

My point was posters were posting nasty negative words re the other meeting before the day was up and stupidly speculating he was being ignored.

Get my drift.

If posters are against having the PM, have their say not come on everyday slagging the guy off just for the sake of it. I think there are so many things that are going slower than I expected, but who are we to know what manpower etc is needed to remedy the wrongs.

Hi Jinjag, I think you should check the source of this 'news', it is from http://thainews.prd.go.th/, therefore should be considered as 'propaganda' rather than news.

Right--- and now he and his merry band are prohibited from stepping foot on EU territories.

So how did his lecturing the UN go?

And yes, the EU is not the UN-- but the EU ideals are not in conflict with those of the UN

keep up man...

Quote "prohibited" Quote "his lecturing the UN" ?????? what on earth are you on about.

Hi Jinjag, I think you should check the source of this 'news', it is from http://thainews.prd.go.th/, therefore should be considered as 'propaganda' rather than news.

Your style is ANTI propaganda is it.?? by the way your hurried reply ? must have been (ginjag) that's with trying to pick up brownie points.

Your style is ANTI propaganda is it.?? by the way your hurried reply ? must have been (ginjag) that's with trying to pick up brownie points.

I was merely trying to point out that the source of information should be checked before you decide that it is 'the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'. I apologize for the gingjag, just a typo, I remember that you are a very sensitive old gentleman and I wish you no disrespect. Brownie points, well you have lost me on that one.

Edited by PREM-R

ginjag, bumping into each other and a few snatched words whilst queuing for the canapes is not the equivalent of a World Leaders Summit. You may notice that these "meetings" are always "on the sidelines". The sooner you get this into your mind the less desperate you will sound. As others have posted this article reflects the world as presented by prayuth and is not necessarily a true representation of what occurred. May I suggest you consider other sources and compare them to get a more reasoned take on the situation?

I fear your suggestion will fall on deaf ears.

ginjag, bumping into each other and a few snatched words whilst queuing for the canapes is not the equivalent of a World Leaders Summit. You may notice that these "meetings" are always "on the sidelines". The sooner you get this into your mind the less desperate you will sound. As others have posted this article reflects the world as presented by prayuth and is not necessarily a true representation of what occurred. May I suggest you consider other sources and compare them to get a more reasoned take on the situation?

We have known where your BALANCE lies. I am with the THAI flow---you are the one that is desperate, look at your posts ?? doom and gloom all over them.

I fear your suggestion will fall on deaf ears.

I feel you need a clan member to help you out of a desperate situation, having to put up with the PM. it must hurt you people.

Thai road map to sustainable democracy ... that means until the ruling elite don't like those in power and implement another military takeover.

Does the road map including learning to spell 'Democracy' and furthermore does it include educating the people so that they can fully comprehend the meaning of the word ... I remain skeptical to both counts.

• Like 1

I was merely trying to point out that the source of information should be checked before you decide that it is 'the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth'. I apologize for the gingjag, just a typo, I remember that you are a very sensitive old gentleman and I wish you no disrespect. Brownie points, well you have lost me on that one.

You are merely pointing out that I fail to read the news.

2 PSI sat dishes----1 true visions--true on line, Aljazeera--BBC--RT--Asia-- Newspapers. and -you guessed it, the info I get from the most reliable, these anti PM posters, It is not your business to make personal remarks.--then you wish me no disrespect ??

English =brownie points are ,trying to gain support from outside of your post.

So please before trying to be polite and the little lecture you should be slagging off the apologists for their lousy remarks whatever the Thai leader does.

2 PSI sat dishes----1 true visions--true on line, Aljazeera--BBC--RT--Asia-- Newspapers. and -you guessed it, the info I get from the most reliable, these anti PM posters, It is not your business to make personal remarks.--then you wish me no disrespect ??

So please before trying to be polite and the little lecture you should be slagging off the apologists for their lousy remarks whatever the Thai leader does.

As I said, "sensitive, very sensitive".

No super sensitive, posters like yours made me this way. Suggest you start to be more positive if it's possible, or is your news outlets limited.

I wonder if they have entered the 2nd phase because the French have put a rocket up their bums cancelling all official visits and calling for elections by October 2015?

Plenty of other countries won't even give them the time of day so a brief sideline meeting which is all he really gets means nothing in when you look at the big picture.

I would suggest that you hate the PMs style so instead of being unhappy here, try a move to a place where you are not on edge most of the day.

Unusual his officials were not all over it and reporting how he wowed Ban.

Cause Prayuth thought his name was Ban Kee Moon Party..... so Prayuth said, "you're not welcome anymore to my parties. You're too serious!"

No super sensitive, posters like yours made me this way. Suggest you start to be more positive if it's possible, or is your news outlets limited.

I don't need fifty satellite dishes to know that what is being put forward as 'news' by the junta is in fact propaganda. Every day a new story "USA very interested in investing in Thailand", "Japan considering further invetment in Thailand", "Australia may send delegation to develop trade in Thailand". All of these stories are put out to make people, like you, think that all is well in the country, when it clearly is not. If you wish to believe everying you are fed, well up to you, infact I know an Australian guy who is trying to sell a bridge in Sydney, you may be interested in investing, PM me for his contact details.

• Like 2