PM Prayut: Thailand in the second phase of roadmap to sustainable democracy

webfact

Contrary to the belief of the apologists, people DID speak to him, and he did speak to them. Here is the proof. Why didn't some of the antiPM brigade tell us he met the Sec Gen of the UN ??? because it was those minority ones that had all the latest news.

I always find from the denials they rarely give out info that goes against their rhetoric.

The meeting was yesterday and is only now being reported.

My point was posters were posting nasty negative words re the other meeting before the day was up and stupidly speculating he was being ignored.

Get my drift.

If posters are against having the PM, have their say not come on everyday slagging the guy off just for the sake of it. I think there are so many things that are going slower than I expected, but who are we to know what manpower etc is needed to remedy the wrongs.

Hey, the fella is perfectly welcome to come on here and slag me off all he wants, as far as I am concerned. Don't dish it out if you can't take it back...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a first phase ?

My thoughts exactly, I wonder what it was? Phase One. A. Overthrow government B. Get my mates ensconced in top jobs. C. Get myself elected as PM. E.Forbid freedom of speech. Phase Two. errr.....

• Like 1

Phase 1: General conducts a coup, imposes martial law, illegal to meet for political reasons

Phase 2: Declared himself PM + General + Great leader

Phase 3: Have elections in XXX years with no opposition: i.e. he is elected PM defacto

Phase 4: Screws up as he knows nothing about democracy and democratic elections

Phase 5: Return to Phase 1

• Like 2

Have you anti PM guys noticed that the majority are avoiding the topic because you lot have took it over -problem there is no point in talking to a body of people who have no other interest but to slag off the PM.

Read all the posts, get my drift. difficult arguing with yourselves.

Have you anti PM guys noticed that the majority are avoiding the topic because you lot have took it over -problem there is no point in talking to a body of people who have no other interest but to slag off the PM.

No.

• Like 1

No we are not avoiding the topic, we are avoiding gingag!!

Let me remind you of your wording in a post a couple of days ago:

"He (Prayuth) is not the best by a long shot" !!whistling.gif

• Like 1

No evidence of any tangible actions in order to establish the most basic form of sustainable democracy. Real democracy is simply not achievable when the majority of the people have feel that both the judiciary and the RTP have zero credibility. Its a democratic today as England was under King John.

Do you have difficulty reading ??

Your reminder was for what purpose ?? I meant what I said, but similar to FIJI -Thailand will get there in the end. GINGAG ??? difficulty reading.??

Hog it all, no probs the PM will carry on without all you.

Being here we all have to tread careful, we are not guaranteed stay---if your not here chance you may not be allowed entry. Worth thinking about how strong you post.

Contrary to the belief of the apologists, people DID speak to him, and he did speak to them. Here is the proof. Why didn't some of the antiPM brigade tell us he met the Sec Gen of the UN ??? because it was those minority ones that had all the latest news.

I always find from the denials they rarely give out info that goes against their rhetoric.

The meeting was yesterday and is only now being reported.

My point was posters were posting nasty negative words re the other meeting before the day was up and stupidly speculating he was being ignored.

Get my drift.

If posters are against having the PM, have their say not come on everyday slagging the guy off just for the sake of it. I think there are so many things that are going slower than I expected, but who are we to know what manpower etc is needed to remedy the wrongs.

I'm against 'having' him.

Give it up and leave it alone, why are you cowing to an inferior race?

1st phase: Give the people a large beautiful empty box telling them it's full of changes and reforms, and wait for them to realise the box is empty, by then, it's time for:

2nd phase: Give them a large beautiful box with a note inside telling them there will be a nice, big, surprise in the next box, and take your time now, till:

3rd phase: Give them a large beautiful box with a miniature train in, and a scalextric, both Chinese quality, for them only to play with when told so, and ask them to be so kind and return this large box at once, filled with rice of their own, then time for:

3rd phase: Give them a large beautiful box with inside a kind note saying how happy they must feel the Chinese accepted their rice to pay for part of your trains and tracks, a bit later:

4th phase: Give them a large beautiful box with inside a taxbill for the new luxury tax on imported scale models à 150% of the estimated actualized new value, soon after:

5th phase: Give them a large beautiful box with inside... you tell me, this has no end, like another taxbill on the ownership of large beautiful boxes, or so?

This is a caricature, I know, but isn't that the way things go in daily real life here for the local population? We have the chance to live in a very creative country, the sad bit is that creativity is never used to give something more to 'the people' over the little they bitterly earned, but to take something more away from 'the people' above what they can ever afford, that for the wealthy to become more wealthy, that and only that. The crazy part for me is that 'the people' go on accepting it, time after time, for generations, to be conned, robbed, and have to say thank you on top of it! This can't only be a question of education, or rather the lack of it, see what happens when a modal Thai attempts to take 20 Baht away from another modal Thai, ...but what is it then?

The history of authoritarian militarists who usurp elected governments is not a happy one worldwide, yet alone locally; such people, being disciplinarians and used to military routine and hierarchy, rarely adapt well to the vicissitudes of a multifarious society.

Though I agree with you, in principle, the dramatic part of the story for Thailand is: was there, at the time and under the circumstances, outside the military, any better alternative available, to do what had to be done: stop the madness? I mean in the reality, not in theory, and IMO, how much I can regret it, I'd have to say: no, there wasn't, any, and I don't see any valuable one coming up soon either! Where would be Thailand today when there would not have been May 22nd? I don't even want to think about how bad it would have got! Less bad is still not good, I agree, but it would have been a lot worse without them... Don't you think?

Your reminder was for what purpose ?? I meant what I said, but similar to FIJI -Thailand will get there in the end. GINGAG ??? difficulty reading.??

Being here we all have to tread careful, we are not guaranteed stay---if your not here chance you may not be allowed entry. Worth thinking about how strong you post.

Tell me Ginjag, do you have the influence to push forward your grubby little threats to those whose views you disapprove of, or is it just (more) empty bullshit?
  • Like 2

i have this nagging feeling thailand is going to end up with a Hong Kong style democracy.

They will be free to vote for any of the "approved" parties

i personally hope this does not happen

Sondhi described this as some kind of acceptable model whilst on stage with the pad years ago.

.they can't bear to have real democracy. They have all the money, they want their gravy train to keep chugging along.

It would be useful to know if Ban-Ki Moon could even articulate anything about the Thai "phases" to democracy. Ban-Ki Moon is problem "phased out" trying to figure out and decode whatever that mumbo jumbo, puffing and blustering about "phases" meant.

The history of authoritarian militarists who usurp elected governments is not a happy one worldwide, yet alone locally; such people, being disciplinarians and used to military routine and hierarchy, rarely adapt well to the vicissitudes of a multifarious society.

Though I agree with you, in principle, the dramatic part of the story for Thailand is: was there, at the time and under the circumstances, outside the military, any better alternative available, to do what had to be done: stop the madness? I mean in the reality, not in theory, and IMO, how much I can regret it, I'd have to say: no, there wasn't, any, and I don't see any valuable one coming up soon either! Where would be Thailand today when there would not have been May 22nd? I don't even want to think about how bad it would have got! Less bad is still not good, I agree, but it would have been a lot worse without them... Don't you think?

Absolute military dictatorship is the antithesis of democracy, much less sustainable democracy, so that must

be a long and winding roadmap! Indeed, current roadmap looks like a one way ticket to African Palookaville,

as exemplified by General Idi Amin Dada:http://youtu.be/maoBHjUqLNc

Tell me Ginjag, do you have the influence to push forward your grubby little threats to those whose views you disapprove of, or is it just (more) empty bullshit?

RIght - discussion is the whole point of this forum. Some people here think that they can threaten people to shut them up, in the very same way that the junta does.

Delusions of grandeur.

• Like 1

I feel you need a clan member to help you out of a desperate situation, having to put up with the PM. it must hurt you people.

PM or military dictator. There is a huge difference.

Not democracy as I understand it to be - 1 man 1 vote, not 1 man Leader

Intervention, to out a lousy non democratic unlawful regime, the only thing that was in their favour was they were elected.

Once that happened they threw away every chance to govern as sworn in to do. The made their bed --so had to lay on it.

RIght - discussion is the whole point of this forum. Some people here think that they can threaten people to shut them up, in the very same way that the junta does.

Delusions of grandeur.

Discussion YES. BUT to post never ending hatred for the Thai PM is not discussing to my mind.

Threats from me ???cheesy.gifcheesy.gif Merely pointing out how far some of you are getting carried away with your rhetoric, I am going along with the Thai PM to give the reform eventually a chance, your discussion is based on 1 thing only, read your own posts.

You clan members will not want to conform to anything that's apparent. One biased way only.

My point of it all is why be so strong with your dislike---as you said were here to discuss. Try discussing with you propagandaists. no chance---one way street from your side in general.

^^

It is like those automated replies you receive after 10 seconds why you buy something online..

You do mean yours don't you ??/ Thai government no good---PM do nothing---elections now---slag him as much as I can---anyone that is going along with the PM is wrong ???? this is your rhetoric--hypocrite.

^^

It is like those automated replies you receive after 10 seconds why you buy something online..

You do mean yours don't you ??/ Thai government no good---PM do nothing---elections now---slag him as much as I can---anyone that is going along with the PM is wrong ???? this is your rhetoric--hypocrite.

You have to admit my putdown was the better, come on! I bet you wish you had thought of it..

^^

You have to admit my putdown was the better, come on! I bet you wish you had thought of it..

NO

Hope your dad takes the blocks off your bike peddles soon.cheesy.gif Because my original post that you butted in on was fair, but all your clan is one way rhetoric.

^^

Enjoy your doom and gloom day with your "PALS"