driving license renewal option earliest

baggies666

Hello, I have the 1 year temporary licence which runs out Feb next, when is the earliest possible time I can extend to the 5 year one in Phuket? I did a little search but nothing recent and with things changing so fast here hoped someone had recent information.

thanks

I'm not 100% sure on this, but, you maybe able to renew it up to one month before it expires.

Best go ask at the licensing place.

I think it is officially up to 2 months (or 60 days) in advance. But yes, there will be local differences, so best to ask them.

I will be in town again on tuesday will check then for current rules thanks

I would be grateful if you could post what you find out.

I'm flying out on Feb. 1 and my 5 year licenses are going to expire at the end of Feb. I would like to be able to renew them before I leave so I can rent a car at the airport when I return in April.

And why can't they put car and motorcycle on the same license?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I forgot, in Phuket I was told 2 months so going to sort out my paperwork to do the renewal early, I just complicated things as lost my car licence part so have to go police station now as only have scooter licence.

• Like 1

Sorry I forgot, in Phuket I was told 2 months so going to sort out my paperwork to do the renewal early, I just complicated things as lost my car licence part so have to go police station now as only have scooter licence.

Thanks for the update. Sounds like I can renew before I travel.

Sorry you lost your car license. That's a good argument for issuing two separate licenses though.