got the new pirelli rosso II

skilled

With these new Rosso2 on my bike I've started to scratch the pegs and the sliders on my boot, I can lean so much now with. holy smokes.

I really wanted to get the Angels but, out of stock on Powshow and it was 14,000 baht on another shop I know had them. I will definitely get them before next rainy season starts.

btw, the Angel GT is also Dual-Compound on both the front and rear tire, the Rosso 2 is only dual on the rear tire.

Edited by brfsa2

well i weight 66 kg

and only use the bike within bangkok so which psi you recommend ? the standard 30 32 or 28 32 ?

skilled, which bike and which tires?

if your bike is big and heavy, then 30-32 should be minimum.

like mania said, just experiment with different PSI.

Since Im quite heavy and usually have my GF with me, I go higher PSI, also depending on the ride and the weather,

I do 32-34 Front, and 36-38 Rear.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

good choice. much more better tires than angels.

it is good that you did not put your money where your mouth was!

rosso2s also last long.

Again, the Rosso 2 is not better than the Angel GT, they are different tires for different purpose, both are high performance.

have you ever had the Angel GT?

I was going to put GT but ShowPow did not have them, they are actually high demand tires.

and... I dont make purchases based on my "mouth", sorry but that sounds rude to me.

i had no intention to be rude by saying that. sorry if you are offended.

i did my research and reading many times brfsa.

angels are sport touring tires and rosso2s are sport tires. rosso2s has advantages for sport bikes such as more grip therefore safety and fun and angels have advantages for sport touring bikes such as longevity and maybe a bit more wet performance therefore economy and maybe a bit more safety during wet conditions.

and you have a sporty naked cb500f and now is dry season. or am i missing something?

also, in usa and europe, price difference between rosso2s are around 1000 thb so wonder why price difference is so drastic here.

of course different tires have different purposes and points they excel. of course an mx tire is best for an mx bike although maybe less grip than road tires due to knobs but purpose of that tire is to perform well on dirt not asphalt!

Edited by ll2

Thanks for the useful replies,

Im 176 cm and weight 67-67 kg and i ride a kawasaki ninja 300 with abs.

Right now the psi is 30f 32r ( did the pirello rosso 2 at their branch in on nut) so i read the recommended for kawasaki is 28/32 so i think imma switch to that.

To be honest i am not sure about how to feel the grip and such any other advice is welcomed and thanks for your replies been only riding for one year my previous bike was a honda cbr 150

By the way any one could recommend a good mechanic to do a maintenance check on my kawa 300 ? If possible near on nut smile.png ( the guys at kawa rama 9 suck , they seemlike lazy people who just wanna get the work done )

Try the Kawasaki Real Motorsports dealer in Ramkhamhaeng, I've heard great things about them.

Should only be 16-18KM from On-Nut.

Google Maps link

Edited by brfsa2

Thanks for the useful replies,

Im 176 cm and weight 67-67 kg and i ride a kawasaki ninja 300 with abs.

Right now the psi is 30f 32r ( did the pirello rosso 2 at their branch in on nut) so i read the recommended for kawasaki is 28/32 so i think imma switch to that.

To be honest i am not sure about how to feel the grip and such any other advice is welcomed and thanks for your replies been only riding for one year my previous bike was a honda cbr 150

It doesn't matter what variables are involved and there are so, so many but by simply doing as i posted above you will have the optimum pressure to suit your particular requirements ,end of story, no guess work. the tyre working as it does is giving you the answer.

Just do it and see.

I put rosso 2s on my cbr 250r some months ago at show pow, no complaints about the tires in anyway...they perform perfect,

last night while walking past the bike i noticed the head of a small nail sticking out the rear tire, and there is slime in there so i decided to pull the nail out, the slime is dripping and the tire is losing pressure,

Where is the best place for a repair?

edit...forgot to mention i,m in the bangkapi area.

Edited by tingtongfarang

I put rosso 2s on my cbr 250r some months ago at show pow, no complaints about the tires in anyway...they perform perfect,

last night while walking past the bike i noticed the head of a small nail sticking out the rear tire, and there is slime in there so i decided to pull the nail out, the slime is dripping and the tire is losing pressure,

You may have a problem getting that repaired due to having

used Slime.

Many times a tire that had a flat fix liquid put in is not a good candidate for plug style repair.

Good Luck though & maybe???

Edited by mania

You may have a problem getting that repaired due to having

used Slime.

Many times a tire that has been slimed is not a candidate for plug style repair.

Good Luck though & maybe???

The slime company say that is not the case ...they say slime is water soluble and easily washed away? also have a friend on the other side of bkk who had a tubless tire repaired after slime,

Was just hoping for the address of a local rubber smith who is equipped for tubeless tires.

• Like 1

any proper car tire shop can vulcanize/patch it inside.

but check Showpow and Big Wheel Bangkok as they can do it as well.

alternatively, you can go to a Honda dealer and tell them to fix it. they remove the tire and get it done somewhere and bring it back. i followed this way once.

Mostly 200 THB but can climb up to 400 THB to get a tire vulcanized.

Edited by ll2

The slime company say that is not the case ...they say slime is water soluble and easily washed away? also have a friend on the other side of bkk who had a tubless tire repaired after slime,

Was just hoping for the address of a local rubber smith who is equipped for tubeless tires.

That is good to hear/know that Slime brand is water soluble

alternatively, you can go to a Honda dealer and tell them to fix it. they remove the tire and get it done somewhere and bring it back. i followed this way once.

Thanks ll2...guess i have to fill the tire with air and take a quick ride to showpow.

• Like 1

Thanks ll2...guess i have to fill the tire with air and take a quick ride to showpow.

a normal car tire shop can fix you too. from Ramkhameng to Sukhumvit not a short distance so at least get a simple outer plug from any motorbike shop and ride showpow after that so you don't damage your rims or jeopardize your ride.

once i had to ride my bike round 40 km at Pattaya highway with a flat front and sure it was not fun but no other chance at night.

• Like 1

There is a honda shop less than 1 km away from here, but to be honest its a bunch of monkeys,

I once went there for an oil change and although they were given the filter in a small plastic bag from the stores they forgot it then said...ah mai pen rai, if i had,nt been watching the filter would not have been changed but i would have paid for it,

I had to help them lay the bike over as not to lose the new oil while changing the filter,

Dont feel like trusting them with my rubber.

There is a honda shop less than 1 km away from here, but to be honest its a bunch of monkeys,

I once went there for an oil change and although they were given the filter in a small plastic bag from the stores they forgot it then said...ah mai pen rai, if i had,nt been watching the filter would not have been changed but i would have paid for it,

I had to help them lay the bike over as not to lose the new oil while changing the filter,

Dont feel like trusting them with my rubber.

They make a couple of types of patches the best one I found when my Diablo Rosso 2's picked up (what appeared to be a construction staple) it was super minor 2 needlelike holes. I took it to Maxxis tire that did motorcycle tires(although I think any tire shop that can dismount the tire will do). They put a plug type on one end & attached to the end was a vulcanized patch. They just reamed the 2 holes into 1 glued the patch end & pulled the plug end through the tire. Held great better I think than just the round patch type. But I had them re-balance the tire after as it did change it slightly even after putting the tire on the marks to line up I made before the repair.It was a rear so not so critical but the balance in a tire is important to have neutral. On that repair if it was in the states I would dismounted the tire & cleaned up the 2 small holes & sealed from the inside silicone. That works for about 10,000 kilos (about the life left in the tire). But the patch was only 150 baht up here so it was not worth breaking down the tire & doing it myself.

My last tyres are toast so I put these on my Ninja today. I only rode them home through heavy traffic so i can't comment much. All I will say is that as that as soon as you take them off centre they drop into the corners very fast. It might take a bit of getting used to.

@Skilled: You said you would give us a review, so tell us what you think.

Yeah it feels weird for me.but atleast i know i am safer.

Another thing is i still.need.to find the ideal psi for me

Im on 28f 32 r .

I still dont dare to try a wheelie on this tires tho.

But the corners feel good !

Since there is no rain now i cant comment on wet perfomance.

By the way i dont feel.my bike.as smooth at the begining you guys think its the oil?

Yeah it feels weird for me.but atleast i know i am safer.

Another thing is i still.need.to find the ideal psi for me

Im on 28f 32 r .

I still dont dare to try a wheelie on this tires tho.

But the corners feel good !

Since there is no rain now i cant comment on wet perfomance.

By the way i dont feel.my bike.as smooth at the begining you guys think its the oil?

I'm truely wondering if you are not just playing games on this forum..Some of the questions you are asking really beggar belief.

Anyway maybe you are not, so i will tell you again about the tyre pressure question you keep asking;

Are you really so UNskilled? Surely not, this is so easy, reliable, and foolproof..once you have your benchmark pressure you just stick to it...

A technique for those wanting to get the most out of their tires on the street is to use the 10/20% rule.

First check the tire pressure when the tire is cold. Then take a ride on your favorite twisty piece of road. Then, measure the tire pressure immediately after stopping. If the pressure has risen less than 10% on the front or 20% on the rear, you should remove air from the tire. So for example, starting at a front tire pressure of 32.5 psi should bring you up to 36 psi hot. Once you obtain this pressure increase for a given rider, bike, tire, road and road temperature combination, check the tire pressure again while cold and record it for future reference.

Each manufacturer is different. Each tire model is different. A tire design that runs cooler needs to run a lower pressure (2-3 psi front) to get up to optimum temperature. The rear tire runs hotter than the front tire, road and track. So the rear tire cold-to-hot increase is greater. Dropping air pressure has the additional side effect of scrubbing more rubber area.

Im a beginner when it comes tl stuff like this indeed thank you smile.png

No worries we all have to start somewhere sometime.

But i feel that if experienced people make the effort to try and help you, you should at least try and take on the information and apply it, you know what i mean/

Have you tried the 10/20% method for your tyres yet?

Even a beginner can do this..you only need a basic tyre guage and a little bit of time.

Edited by garryjohns

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Diablo Rosso II eventually at Big Wheel today for 9,300. They had the Angel GT's in stock but at 12,300 it was hard to justify.

Btw this price is for the R spec version, the ZR would be more expensive. The R spec is designed for "lower displacement bikes" according to Pirelli, which they define as 500-800cc 2 cylinder bikes.

Got the Diablo Rosso II eventually at Big Wheel today for 9,300. They had the Angel GT's in stock but at 12,300 it was hard to justify.

Btw this price is for the R spec version, the ZR would be more expensive. The R spec is designed for "lower displacement bikes" according to Pirelli, which they define as 500-800cc 2 cylinder bikes.

were you at bigwheel today?

i was there too to get a fresh set of pirelli diablo rosso corsa! like 16.00

12 k thb with my usual ten percent discount coupon.

rosso2s last 12 k km. not bad for a sporty tire.

greater tires drcs! sticky as gum. bike feels great. ready for track day.

zr is enough for cb500f. how do you find them?

were you at bigwheel today?

i was there too to get a fresh set of pirelli diablo rosso corsa! like 16.00

12 k thb with my usual ten percent discount coupon.

rosso2s last 12 k km. not bad for a sporty tire.

greater tires drcs! sticky as gum. bike feels great. ready for track day.

zr is enough for cb500f. how do you find them?

Yep, going from my old squared off Scorpions to the Rosso Corsas sure makes my 500X feel good. Only problem is that now I really want to tip her over and aggressively take corners that my pillion doesn't like.

Missed you by about 4 hours, was there around 12 noon. They were also nice enough to help make some small adjustments to the levers and exhaust that I asked for and put some lube on the chain. Overall very good experience with Big Wheel.

Yeah I was a little concerned about the R spec initially but Pirelli put out a clear statement saying this is the correct tyre for this type of bike so that's fine by me.

Btw, the "old" stock tyres were of no use to them, if someone rides straight from Big Wing to their shop to change tyres then they'll take them, but mine were 1 year old and 3,xxx km.

I only rode them back home so not much to judge by yet but I think braking is improved and also the rear is showing less squirming around when going over less than ideal surfaces (as if those exist in Bangkok lol).

P.S. envy your trip to the track day :-) have fun and stay safe.

Edited by rambling
  • Like 1