Profitable Pattaya

eddy-ham

Seriously though the money spent in Pattaya is massive and yet most business are non-profitalbe.....open for your views.........

:o

Hmmm, I would be interested to know how you came to such a conclusion and if you can support your claim.

Perhaps you are referring to the dreamy-eyed farang with the business acumen of a gassed badger who 'invest' in a bar?

If so, you almost certainly do have a point.

However, I have yet to hear a bar 'owner' admit to the fact, especially when trying to get shot of his loss generating venture... :D

I worked for Wendy’s among restaurant ventures in Washington and Texas both as a corporate person and a franchise owner. I ended up being a one third partner in 10 units. The Wendy’s franchise agreement is considerably different than MacDonald’s. If you have a net worth between one and three million US dollars in easily convertible assets PM me. I still know a couple of VP’s and perhaps could put something together.

Hmmm, I would be interested to know how you came to such a conclusion and if you can support your claim.

Perhaps you are referring to the dreamy-eyed farang with the business acumen of a gassed badger who 'invest' in a bar?

However, I have yet to hear a bar 'owner' admit to the fact, especially when trying to get shot of his loss generating venture... :o

I can only sumise from the general inputs given here and from the general lack of investment

seen at street level.

BKK seems to have changed with multi national stores and investment. No really large shopping complexes predicted for here(save food store)

The property side regarding sales and rentals seems to show a ever increasing explosion but nobody buying,well not at the rate of building.

As regards shop or bar owners ,Having beenn in the trade i have yet to find one tha t will admit to busness is booming, in fact a trader I knew used to dress very worn out when he went to see his bank manager for a loan.

However, I have yet to hear a bar 'owner' admit to the fact, especially when trying to get shot of his loss generating venture... :D

********************************************************************************

I can only sumise from the general inputs given here and from the general lack of investment

seen at street level.

So it would seem that your statement: "yet most business are non-profitalbe" is only based on what you have gleaned from this forum and what you have perceived at street level.

There are actually many profitable businesses in Pattaya (including certain bars!), but a cursory glance as one passes by any particular enterprise is no real indication. Many, of course, you will be unaware of.

Equally, a full house on a certain night at an entertainment establishment, restaurant or whatever, means little.

IMHO, the Shakespearian quote: 'All that glisters is not gold' applies, and vice versa of course.

Farang 'investors' trying to enter an existing market where the entry level is comparatively and ostensibly low will be facing an uphill climb, unless they have something new or better to offer.

Few have.

That principle also applies to high-end investors of course, but they tend to do their homework first, which involves risk and reward sensitivity analyses as a minimum. They also monitor and control their investment once they commit.

Even some small investors do the same! :o

The successful, both large and small alike, also know that a business plan is not a misspelling of an evironmentally friendly office shrub... :D

Obviously you have a greater knowlege of this , but can you give some examples?

I started this thread since I belive that the area can only develop, it cannot go backwards, its human nature for the country to go forward.

I am not naive enough to think that ALL business in Pattaya are bankrupt but that seems to be the general opinion here.

Certain bars (not large disco's) taking over 30 million baht a year can't be described as a failure.

I know a bar owner who personally took over 10 million profit in a year. Not bad eh?

(for the record my bar is'nt in this example) :D

Hmmmm, at 600 baht/bar fine, that works out to about 45 1/2 bar fines per day ! What bar in Pattaya has 45+ staff that all get barfined every day of the year ? :D

(because, according to some people, that is how the farang bar owners make all their money) :o

Just beware of people offering to sell you a half share of their bar. It has happened in the past where they have sold that "half share" many times, and never owned it in the first place ! :D

Certain bars (not large disco's) taking over 30 million baht a year can't be described as a failure.

I know a bar owner who personally took over 10 million profit in a year. Not bad eh?

(for the record my bar is'nt in this example) :D

Hmmmm, at 600 baht/bar fine, that works out to about 45 1/2 bar fines per day ! What bar in Pattaya has 45+ staff that all get barfined every day of the year ? :D

(because, according to some people, that is how the farang bar owners make all their money) :D

Just beware of people offering to sell you a half share of their bar. It has happened in the past where they have sold that "half share" many times, and never owned it in the first place ! :D

Hehehe, i've heard many stories like that. :D (there are a handful of farang owned bars earning like that) :o