Mathayom 3 student wins Thai Supermodel 2014

webfact

Methinks that thailiketoo would be equally at home in Rotherham as well as Thailand.

He seems to forget that you should never measure others with your own yardstick

Certainly I would not wish him to be alone with any of my children with his ''progressive liberal ideas.''

• Like 2

Chairman Of The Board, on 15 Nov 2014 - 07:41, said:snapback.png

Why come on a Thai forum to push your perv ideas and cast aspersions on something every parent knows is normal. What perverted delight to you take in mocking normal people?

You wrote, "Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age." Because the kids want to do it. For the average parent it is just another expense for a costume and snapshots that will be forgotten in five minutes. Some children have the talent and beauty to make it but you come on here to mock their success. Why? You have never been to Thailand or had any children. You are not in even the smallest detail qualified to comment.

Firstly I do live in Thailand, secondly I do have children, My oldest is a 16 year old girl.

You call me a perv but you are the one who enjoys this kind of thing.

If a child is beautiful then by all means take a picture of the natural beauty (their face).

There is no need to dress a child in full make up and a leotard just to show off their beauty.

If you feel that you really need to look at little girls in questionable outfits then there are websites that will cater to your needs, but don't come on here and try to make excuses up for the things that rock your boat and at the same time accuse someone with a moral code of being a perv.

You wrote, "If a child is beautiful then by all means take a picture of the natural beauty (their face).There is no need to dress a child in full make up and a leotard just to show off their beauty.

That's that stuff in places where women have to wear burkas. You do know that is it legal in most countries for girls of any age to wear a bikini and go to the beach. Not only is it legal it is commonplace. There is no enjoying this kind of thing about it is normal.

If you want to push your beliefs that women should not wear two piece bathing suits there are countries where they would accept that idea but this is Thailand.

Methinks that thailiketoo would be equally at home in Rotherham as well as Thailand.

He seems to forget that you should never measure others with your own yardstick

Certainly I would not wish him to be alone with any of my children with his ''progressive liberal ideas.''

Liberal ideas is wearing a bathing suit? Do you people think it is OK to call anyone a perv because his children go to the beach?

Edited by thailiketoo

Don't know why he wants me to talk about Jimmy Saville and Rotherham.

I think that this man has some very deep seated problems.

You wrote, "Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age."

Those are not normal thoughts or feelings of an adult in the West. Girls and or women are allowed to wear bathing suits or model costumes in the West. It is not to show off their body to perverts. If you want to find out what a pervert is google Jimmy Saville and Rotherham and not a model contests in Thailand.

Chairman Of The Board, on 15 Nov 2014 - 07:41, said:snapback.png

Why come on a Thai forum to push your perv ideas and cast aspersions on something every parent knows is normal. What perverted delight to you take in mocking normal people?

You wrote, "Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age." Because the kids want to do it. For the average parent it is just another expense for a costume and snapshots that will be forgotten in five minutes. Some children have the talent and beauty to make it but you come on here to mock their success. Why? You have never been to Thailand or had any children. You are not in even the smallest detail qualified to comment.

Firstly I do live in Thailand, secondly I do have children, My oldest is a 16 year old girl.

You call me a perv but you are the one who enjoys this kind of thing.

If a child is beautiful then by all means take a picture of the natural beauty (their face).

There is no need to dress a child in full make up and a leotard just to show off their beauty.

If you feel that you really need to look at little girls in questionable outfits then there are websites that will cater to your needs, but don't come on here and try to make excuses up for the things that rock your boat and at the same time accuse someone with a moral code of being a perv.

You wrote, "If a child is beautiful then by all means take a picture of the natural beauty (their face).There is no need to dress a child in full make up and a leotard just to show off their beauty.

That's that stuff in places where women have to wear burkas. You do know that is it legal in most countries for girls of any age to wear a bikini and go to the beach. Not only is it legal it is commonplace. There is no enjoying this kind of thing about it is normal.

If you want to push your beliefs that women should not wear two piece bathing suits there are countries where they would accept that idea but this is Thailand.

Oh dear lord, you really do have a tiny mind don't you.

Because I disagree with parents dressing their children like whores and the pervs who encourage this sort of behaviour, you think that I am wrong.

This has to be a classic case of 'The Rotherham Defence'. biggrin.png

• Like 1

thailiketoo post #58

1. After reading his posts about an ed visa and online poker playing I don't think the guy lives in Thailand. What makes you think he does? 2. What is wrong with a car and cash for a model contestant prize? 3. Would a car and cash be OK if it was an education prize? 4. I have a daughter that did the whole child fashion model thing. She got a degree and now produces TV shows for big bucks and is a well respected professional woman.

1. After reading his posts about an ed visa and online poker playing I don't think the guy lives in Thailand. What makes you think he does?

​You are a reincarnation of one of the Oracles at the Temple of Delphi perhaps, hence your self assumed knowledge about others

2. What is wrong with a car and cash for a model contestant prize?

​At that child's age it is inappropriate ,in the U.K age restrictions would and do apply one presumes the same scenario in the colonies too

3. Would a car and cash be OK if it was an education prize?

If the child was of an age to be able to drive legally yes

4. I have a daughter that did the whole child fashion model thing. She got a degree and now produces TV shows for big bucks and is a well respected professional woman.

So in reality you supported and still support the exploition of your daughter and other peoples daughters for your own or the others parents ends financially or otherwise.

To quote from W.C. Fields whom you were well acquainted with in a former incarnation Chang Mia Kelly.

Se below

If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Oh dear lord, you really do have a tiny mind don't you.

Because I disagree with parents dressing their children like whores and the pervs who encourage this sort of behaviour, you think that I am wrong.

This has to be a classic case of 'The Rotherham Defence'. biggrin.png

You think a child in a bathing suit is dressing their children, "like whores" and perverted behavior?

So if I posted a photo of my daughter in a bathing suit that would be the same as Rotherham?

2. What is wrong with a car and cash for a model contestant prize?

​At that child's age it is inappropriate ,in the U.K age restrictions would and do apply one presumes the same scenario in the colonies too

3. Would a car and cash be OK if it was an education prize?

If the child was of an age to be able to drive legally yes

4. I have a daughter that did the whole child fashion model thing. She got a degree and now produces TV shows for big bucks and is a well respected professional woman.

So in reality you supported and still support the exploration of your daughter and other peoples daughters for your own or the others parents ends financially or otherwise.

The contestants were of all ages; most able to drive a car.

My daughter met and worked with people in the TV industry and after getting her degrees is working in that industry and very sucessfully.

You wrote, "Or better still let her enjoy her childhood instead of being pressured to show off her body to perverts who prey on girls of this age."

Those are not normal thoughts or feelings of an adult in the West. Girls and or women are allowed to wear bathing suits or model costumes in the West. It is not to show off their body to perverts. If you want to find out what a pervert is google Jimmy Saville and Rotherham and not a model contests in Thailand.

Normal feelings in the West, how many Westerners on this board are agreeing with your 'unique' way of thinking and how many are disagreeing with you.

Why do you have a fixation with Jimmy Saville and Rotherham?

Considering the postings of other posters, I would say that it is you that is displaying views that are not normal.

Remember CMK, if you fail to spot the fool in the room, then it's you.

Normal feelings in the West, how many Westerners on this board are agreeing with your 'unique' way of thinking and how many are disagreeing with you.

Why do you have a fixation with Jimmy Saville and Rotherham?

Considering the postings of other posters, I would say that it is you that is displaying views that are not normal.

Remember CMK, if you fail to spot the fool in the room, then it's you.

You don't like women in beauty contests under the age of ........... OK I get it. But that makes you the odd one out. There are beauty contests for females of all ages and that is not perversion or illegal it is normal.

In Thailand they start teaching kids to dance in kindergarten and they keep dancing all their lives in costumes. They do it on sport days at school and after school even the old ladies dress up and dance on holidays. I would encourage you to come to Thailand and see for yourself.

A lot of the "modelling" competitions are more about the pushy parents, than the children. The people that run them, and are involved in the "modelling" industry on the whole are bottom feeders. It was quite apparent after my youngest did several shoots, what sort of people were around, and we quickly decided it was not something we wished her to be exposed to.

You don't like women in beauty contests under the age of ........... OK I get it. But that makes you the odd one out. There are beauty contests for females of all ages and that is not perversion or illegal it is normal.

In Thailand they start teaching kids to dance in kindergarten and they keep dancing all their lives in costumes. They do it on sport days at school and after school even the old ladies dress up and dance on holidays. I would encourage you to come to Thailand and see for yourself.

Do they really? Maybe some, but not the majority.

The Thai Dancing is a bit different from the beauty contests anyhow, that's like comparing apples to oranges. As for some of the other costume dancing, and choice of music that some of the schools decide to do on sports days, that's not always been in good taste either i.e dancing to "My Hump, My hump" or dresiing up as Nazis. laugh.png

Do they do that in Chiang Mai Kelly? tongue.png

I think different people have differing views on these types of contests, but giving a car to a 15 year old is ridiculous as well. I question the motives of the arents that do this. sorry of you disagree.

Edited by mrtoad
  • Like 1

There are a couple of loud peeps disagreeing with thailiketoo... most rational probably do not feel the need to comment. Thailiketoo is pretty spot-on. There is plenty of real abuse of young girls and boys which is worthy of your wrath. A modelling contest is not one of these abuses. Even allowing for questionable motivation of parents this is just such a non-issue compared to real abuse. I hope the young lady enjoys her win.

Also curious if any of the posters commenting on the model's appearance have actually seen what "super-models" look like without hours of hair, face and full-body make-up prep? It is a body type and bone structure that counts, actual "beauty" is not required as pro hair and make-up can make virtually anyone look stunning.

Oh because I refuse to exploit my daughter and in my view you did exploit your daughter, you think that I am the odd one out.

So your whole defence about exploiting children is in my view to excuse your actions and to try to take away the guilt that you feel.

I would encourage you to come to planet Earth and see reality.

Edited by Chairman Of The Board

A lot of the "modelling" competitions are more about the pushy parents, than the children. The people that run them, and are involved in the "modelling" industry on the whole are bottom feeders. It was quite apparent after my youngest did several shoots, what sort of people were around, and we quickly decided it was not something we wished her to be exposed to.

Dance Moms is a very popular show that embodies most of the elements that you are talking about.

It may even be child abuse as the above video suggests.

I think most normal people in Thailand can see the difference between abuse and the kids having fun.

Oh because I refuse to exploit my daughter and you did exploit your daughter, you think that I am the odd one out.

So your whole defence about exploiting children is to excuse your actions and to try to take away the guilt that you feel.

If you have any evidence that I exploited my daughter please post it if not remove your post.

Oh because I refuse to exploit my daughter and you did exploit your daughter, you think that I am the odd one out.

So your whole defence about exploiting children is to excuse your actions and to try to take away the guilt that you feel.

If you have any evidence that I exploited my daughter please post it if not remove your post.

Ok, have it your way:

Oh because I refuse to exploit my daughter and in my view you did exploit your daughter, you think that I am the odd one out.

So your whole defence about exploiting children is in my view to excuse your actions and to try to take away the guilt that you feel.

Dance Moms is a very popular show that embodies most of the elements that you are talking about.

I think most normal people in Thailand can see the difference between abuse and the kids having fun.

Not something that I would be searching the web for but each to his own, eh? thumbsup.gif

Ok, have it your way:

Where does it say I exploited my daughter. That is a nasty slanderous thing to say. Prove it or remove your posts accusing me of exploiting my daughter.

• Like 1

Ok, have it your way:

Where does it say I exploited my daughter. That is a nasty slanderous thing to say. Prove it or remove your posts accusing me of exploiting my daughter.

Eat my shorts Chiang Mai Kelly.

If we actually get away from abusing people there is a really good documentary that was on one of the American sports channels and was hosted by Todd Marinovich who was an American Football player, albeit only for a short period of time.

The Doc followed a few young kids, who were being pushed by their parents. Actually to the point of abuse as well. It was called State of Play: Trophy Kids HBO

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/12/peter-berg-hbo-state-of-play

Well worth a watch

Not something that I would be searching the web for but each to his own, eh? thumbsup.gif

Dance moms in an internationally shown TV show with over 2.8 million viewers. You don't have to search the web you turn on the TV.thumbsup.gif

thailiketoo post # 79

Did you actually stop and think about what you were going to write when you composed that comment above?

I wouldn't want you near my children that comment is based upon your views and you interpretation concerning your view about younger females prepubescent and pubescent/.

Methinks our old Tom Cat has higher standards that some of the posters here.

• Like 1

thailiketoo post # 79

Did you actually stop and think about what you were going to write when you composed that comment above?

I wouldn't want you near my children that comment is based upon your views and you interpretation concerning your view about younger females prepubescent and pubescent/.

Methinks our old Tom Cat has higher standards that some of the posters here.

What views? I go to sports days at school and I see Thai children performing traditional and modern dance routines and competing in model competitions. The only people who would think these things are out of line are those who think women should wear a Burka.

Did anyone watch the clip that was already posted ?

The girl is the winner of a fashion modelling contest.

Maybe she wants to be a model ?

Pushy parents are another matter.

Some parents push their children academically, others in sport, etc.

Some parents let their kids do whatever... and that itself is a form of abuse.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1