Slingbox blocked in thailand ?

liddelljohn

If i reset the TOT router and wait 2 minutes for reboot every time I log on i can connect to slingbox ,in UK , its very inconvienient ,

problem is i wont be back in UK for 3 months to check the settings , also it works on webplayer but not slingplayer for window

Skypattaya ...I think u are correct ,,

last night i managed to login long enough to check my port routings in UK they are 5001 ,,,

i have a VPN ,,,,(private tunnel) i will try using that to login

I think when i am back in Uk i may set up some more sophisticated routing like a direct DNS .

i need to do more research on this ,, as it is a little bit more techie than i currently am up for .

PHAZEY thanks for your offer i may take u up on that

i will PM u for a chat

I'm not an internet port nerd and I don't like using proxy servers that I can't verify. Get and pay for a good reliable VPN service and you don't have to do a thing but log onto your slingbox and watch tv. Pattaya 3bb hasn't added my VPN as a video hog site because my connection on the other side of the world is always slow. But I get 300 channel cable TV with all the latest shows instead of 5 year old reruns over and over and over. Season 2 of Dog Whisperer over and over? Are you Truevision people serious at 1600 baht a month?

I have just had some bad news from Uk and will most likely have to go back next week ,, so its all irrelevant ,, the damn slingbov unit just wont connect even with good proxies .

my cousin is still able to connect to it from shanghai ,, it has to be a thailand related issue

i have now given up on it ,, TOT have throttled my connection back from 7.9mb to 1.5mb as well ,, ,,

my true move has also died ,, and they want more money to fix it so i am giving up on that too,

TIT