I Have Changed My Avatar

Khutan

Ok, We had the ISSAN Nissan, Then it was Kwam and Rian on the buffalo - Farang form, well maybe riding into the sunset on a sick Bufalo, now I saw a great carving of my avatar, and I wanted everyone to enjoy the fun.

What are your thoughts :o

Ok, We had the ISSAN Nissan, Then it was Kwam and Rian on the buffalo - Farang form, well maybe riding into the sunset on a sick Bufalo, now I saw a great carving of my avatar, and I wanted everyone to enjoy the fun.

What are your thoughts :D

I love it!

It's great!

Khutan, can you give me some advice? I've often tried to download my own pics to use as an avatar, but they always are 'rejected' because they have too many pixels etc. When I try to reduce the pixel content in ACDC, the picture degrades so much that it is unsuable. I don't have the same problem using pics fromn the web as they are already low in pixel content.

Without getting too technical, how do I modify my pics so that they remain clear but can be used as an avatar?

If you can't help, never mind - just thought I'd ask, coz its been bugging me. :o

I love it!

It's great!

Khutan, can you give me some advice? I've often tried to download my own pics to use as an avatar, but they always are 'rejected' because they have too many pixels etc. When I try to reduce the pixel content in ACDC, the picture degrades so much that it is unsuable. I don't have the same problem using pics fromn the web as they are already low in pixel content.

Without getting too technical, how do I modify my pics so that they remain clear but can be used as an avatar?

If you can't help, never mind - just thought I'd ask, coz its been bugging me. :o

Its probably the type of file.

If the original is a bitmap try saving as a jpeg or gif.

I love it!

It's great!

Mobi.. if the picture is too large to upload onto the site as an avatar, you can host it elsewhere and link it to this site as an avatar.

totster :D

What are your thoughts :o

Wouldn't this have been a better avtar?

post-14019-1154564293.jpg

Mobi;

I use a .jpg file and I reduce the quality to about 65%, Like Percy said.

I am also very careful with the amount of image I use, so I crop as much as possible.

I also use the Re-Size function. Make sure you are viewing the actual size rather than what ACDSee scales it to.

Another thing to consider is the color palette. Is it possible to do the image in 256 color rather than 24-bit or 32-bit. That will reduce the amount of data required to store the image.

I hope that helps

Mobi;

I use a .jpg file and I reduce the quality to about 65%, Like Percy said.

I am also very careful with the amount of image I use, so I crop as much as possible.

I also use the Re-Size function. Make sure you are viewing the actual size rather than what ACDSee scales it to.

Another thing to consider is the color palette. Is it possible to do the image in 256 color rather than 24-bit or 32-bit. That will reduce the amount of data required to store the image.

I hope that helps

Hi Khutan,

thanks for that.

I've tried all your suggestions except the colour palette. As I said, when I get it down to a size that the site will download as an avatar, the picture has degraded too much. I'll give the colour pallete a go, and I'll also try uploading to a photo host site and then dowloading again.

post-6129-1154576587.jpg

I just did this to Lampshade's pic

Now its an avatar

PLEASE stop posting this picture, it's making me feel HUNGRY (I am supposed to be on a diet) :o

BTW I rather liked the simplicity of the original line drawing of the couple on a buffalo, you got a decent scan of it I can have, please :D

I've tried all your suggestions except the colour palette. As I said, when I get it down to a size that the site will download as an avatar, the picture has degraded too much. I'll give the colour pallete a go, and I'll also try uploading to a photo host site and then dowloading again.

Hi Mobi,

I looked at your avatar and noticed that the orignial dimensions are 325x227 pixels. Thaivisa software adjusts the size to fit and screws up the aspect ratio. (This is even more noticable in pictures uploaded to Members Control Panel).

Anyway I downloaded your avatar and adjusted, cut out your black border, changed the background to match my Thaivisa colours, etc and you can see the results here:

post-21917-1154593716.gif

If anyone else would like their pictures resizing then contact me by PM.

Cheers,

John_Betong

Hi Mobi,

I looked at your avatar and noticed that the orignial dimensions are 325x227 pixels. Thaivisa software adjusts the size to fit and screws up the aspect ratio. (This is even more noticable in pictures uploaded to Members Control Panel).

Anyway I downloaded your avatar and adjusted, cut out your black border, changed the background to match my Thaivisa colours, etc and you can see the results here:

post-21917-1154593716.gif

If anyone else would like their pictures resizing then contact me by PM.

Cheers,

John_Betong

John,

Yuu guys are so clever. I wish that someone could spend an hour with me and show how its done. :D

You will see that you're too late - I just changed my avatar. I started with my own pic which was 667 k.bites, 2048 x 1536 pixels, cropped it and reduced the size to about 65%, and I then had a pic of 68 k/bites but still 546 x 419 pixels. So I uploaded to Bucketphoto and then downloaded to Thai Visa from there. As you can see, the aspect ratio is still not right.

And why can I not get the pixels down to 90 x 90 on my own pc without the picture disappearing?

On another forum, the web site would take any picture and just adjust it to their required specs before using as an avatar, but TV won't do this unless you download from the web.

Most confusing and frustrating :o

I wish that someone could spend an hour with me and show how its done. :o

You will see that you're too late - I just changed my avatar. I started with my own pic which was 667 k.bites, 2048 x 1536 pixels, cropped it and reduced the size to about 65%, and I then had a pic of 68 k/bites but still 546 x 419 pixels. So I uploaded to Bucketphoto and then downloaded to Thai Visa from there. As you can see, the aspect ratio is still not right.

And why can I not get the pixels down to 90 x 90 on my own pc without the picture disappearing?

>>> I wish that someone could spend an hour with me and show how its done. :D

Are you in Bangkok?

Here is your photo adjusted to the correct aspect ration and resized with the background set to #eef2f7

post-21917-1154598927.jpg

Cheers,

John

Now if only Totster would change his!

:D

Yeah Tots. And if you could resort to a simple picture or something it would be much appreciated. Those movie clip avatars fukcs up my scrolling and TVisa isn't exactly known for it's speed.

Some of us are still in the darks ages using 56k you know. :D

Khutan, I liked the Issan/Nissan best like the one Mattnich used to have. Whatever happened to him? :o

Edited by Gazza

....BTW I rather liked the simplicity of the original line drawing of the couple on a buffalo, you got a decent scan of it I can have, please :o

It was actually a photograph of a drawing from a Thai "Cartoon Book". It is on my sick computer, so the next time I start it, I will send it to you.

It was actually a photograph of a drawing from a Thai "Cartoon Book". It is on my sick computer, so the next time I start it, I will send it to you.

"Computer my dad he sick, IT doctor he say need fix, you give me 100,000 Baht new motherboard" :o

Hope the PC makes it, cheers :D:)

I changed mine today. Somebody sent it to my phone, i tried to download it my computer, to no avail. In the end, i had to e-mail it 6 inches across my desk :o Can you see it glimmering? For some reason i can't get it to do that on my phone when i set it to wallpaper :D

Also, how do you those avitars like John Betong's ?

I changed mine today. Somebody sent it to my phone, i tried to download it my computer, to no avail. In the end, i had to e-mail it 6 inches across my desk :o Can you see it glimmering? For some reason i can't get it to do that on my phone when i set it to wallpaper :D

Also, how do you those avitars like John Betong's ?

I don't see any 'glimmer' and the file does not appear to be an animation, I can only surmise that what you see is an artifact of your display.

When you refer to johns avatar, do you mean the animation? You need to make animated gif files, several free tools around to make these, I use gif Construction Set (I have an old version from when it was actually free). Mr Google will reveal many other truly free programs, download and play.

I don't see any 'glimmer' and the file does not appear to be an animation, I can only surmise that what you see is an artifact of your display.

Your havin a Giraffe yeah :o Can you really not see it glimmering? It looks like a light is flashing on it :D

When you refer to johns avatar, do you mean the animation? You need to make animated gif files, several free tools around to make these, I use gif Construction Set (I have an old version from when it was actually free). Mr Google will reveal many other truly free programs, download and play.

Cheers crossy :D

Now if only Totster would change his!

:D

Yeah Tots. And if you could resort to a simple picture or something it would be much appreciated. Those movie clip avatars fukcs up my scrolling and TVisa isn't exactly known for it's speed.

Request denied.. :o

totster :D