Good resort/hotel in Ao Nang

Kaalle

Like the title said. Looking for a good hotel or resort for around 3-4 k baht per night or less, 3 nights starting from dec. 27. Is the whole place going to be fully booked or do I have a chance of finding anything? Close proximity to the town is a must.

Town, I guess you mean Ao Nang, yes?

Srisukant Resort is just outside Ao Nang, definietely walking distance or a cheap tuk-tuk, nice pool, across from a nice beach, nice daytrips down to the National Marine park or across to the jetty for longtails to outer islands. Thai seafood restaurant across the street.That'd be my first recommendation.

Adjacent is a Holiday Inn with a very nice pool scenario.

Around the corner toward Ao Nang, hotel row, The Small, a Centara,a Mercure,Naga Pura. In Ao Nang, Sunset Resort, a Best Western (be aware there are two) on the beach road the L resort.

Best to trip around on Agoda.

Thanks for the reply's. Many seem to be fully booked though.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Sharp as a marble ! Highest of high season............

Sure, as soon as you say I'm checking out before the mandatory NY's dinner bill, they're full.

Where are you? Can you pick up a phone and make a call, because there are a ton of hotels here and 100% sure, if you do some homework (on Agoda) and call directly you will find accomodations for the time period.

• Like 1

Of course I am well aware its high season, and that there are still rooms left in many places. Not in the ones suggested in the thread though. Im looking for suggestions since there are hundreds too choose from. Do you understand now?

Of course I am well aware its high season, and that there are still rooms left in many places. Not in the ones suggested in the thread though. Im looking for suggestions since there are hundreds too choose from. Do you understand now?

Post #4 I think makes that quite obvious.

Agoda for your dates:

We found 181 hotels with availability . Showing 1 – 30...........

(reason for edit) off of booking .com where Srisukant site shows nothing available but adjacent properties available link

342 properties found, 84 available.

Good luck.GOM

Edited by grumpyoldman

I'm looking for accom from 17-27 December in Ao Nang. I was going to visit Ao Nang 2 weeks before and wander around to find somewhere. How booked out will it be? There are about 14 of us...

14 ! Wow ! Thats a big group. Thats going to be a tough one..................bigger resorts Pavillion Queens Bay, Naga Pura Group (Naga Pura Resort ) has three hotels all in the vicinity so maybe everyone is not exactly at the same hotel, same with Krabi Resort (Group).

Mercure,Centara Andhi Devi (differnt from Centara Grande Krabi),Buritara,The Small, Red Ginger, Naga Pura are all on the same little road, so maybe amongst those, the group goes in fours, or six here six there, and you're all a stones throw away from each other.

Thanks grumpy. It's 3 families - 6 adults and the rest young kids. I did a trip to KPG with 50 of us a few years ago so 14 is a small group! Thanks for the list of hotels / resorts. I'll do the rounds and see who can have us. Are the prices online a lot higher than in person? That's been my experience elsewhere so I generally don't book online.

Thanks grumpy. It's 3 families - 6 adults and the rest young kids. I did a trip to KPG with 50 of us a few years ago so 14 is a small group! Thanks for the list of hotels / resorts. I'll do the rounds and see who can have us. Are the prices online a lot higher than in person? That's been my experience elsewhere so I generally don't book online.

Absolutely, and with the group you should be able to bargain. As I suggested to the other poster, do your research online and then if you can, pick up a phone. Especially good if you have a Thai speaker, but anyway, sure, contact directly (walking up that time of year I would not recommend) for a better price.

have you tried Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort and Spa its only a 5 year old hotel beachfront,however it is a little strange in their ,its huge but never gets full prices are pretty reasonable and i liked it when i stayed there for 2 days over xmas defo a good choice if you want the group together ,most of the other hotels grumpy mentions will be well full by now and more in the 4,500 t0 5,500 price range.

have you tried Aonang Ayodhaya Beach Resort and Spa its only a 5 year old hotel beachfront,however it is a little strange in their ,its huge but never gets full prices are pretty reasonable and i liked it when i stayed there for 2 days over xmas defo a good choice if you want the group together ,most of the other hotels grumpy mentions will be well full by now and more in the 4,500 t0 5,500 price range.

Their website for the time period says 5,900thb per night and also, is this not the sort of rundown looking place at the end of Hat Napparhat? If it is wouldn't really qualify for the OP's "Close proximity to the town is a must".

Their website for the time period says 5,900thb per night and also, is this not the sort of rundown looking place at the end of Hat Napparhat? If it is wouldn't really qualify for the OP's "Close proximity to the town is a must".

you can get it on agoda for around 2,500 bht a night which is a bargain for that time of year....... i did say it is a little strange in their it is actually now two hotels .for the 2,500 price you get to stay in the hotel built on the side of the main building,very quiet still get to use all the swimming pools , i stayed there xmas day and boxing day last year and it was only about 25% full and is typically understaffed and a little run down.

when you read the reviews its funny because people comment that it was probably a lovely hotel 10 -20 years ago ,they don't relize it only opened 4-5 years ago.

you can get it on agoda for around 2,500 bht a night which is a bargain for that time of year....... i did say it is a little strange in their it is actually now two hotels .for the 2,500 price you get to stay in the hotel built on the side of the main building,very quiet still get to use all the swimming pools , i stayed there xmas day and boxing day last year and it was only about 25% full and is typically understaffed and a little run down.

when you read the reviews its funny because people comment that it was probably a lovely hotel 10 -20 years ago ,they don't relize it only opened 4-5 years ago.

Driving into that place, it looks like your headed into a dump and it is a dump.Only good thing about the location is you're near the National Marine Park and Hat Nappharat is a nice beach. Sure, as a last call because everything else is full could be an idea, but there are also resorts that are smaller and nicer just behind Nappharat Beach rd., would stay in one of those before this Vegas style grande old madame.