I wanna do it.....................

thequietman

Ford Ranger 2010 2.5 diesel engine.

It is outside its warranty and so I want to change the oil and filter myself. Ford charge me nearly 3000 baht for something I can do for a fraction of that.

So, I need new filter and engine oil. I read the engine takes 7 liters of oil, correct? Any suggestions for what kind of oil please?

5w-30 or 10w-40 or 10w-40 ? what would you recommend. I hardly drive it. Its 4 1/2 years old with 72000 on the clock. It looks very easy to change the fuel filter. Maybe I will change this also.

Thanks for any and all advice. I am a little nervous as I am a pen pusher but the thought of doing it myself is good. How hard can it be! I have youtubed for this model and all looks very straight forward. wai.gif

Edited by thequietman

A local place will charge you about 100 baht for the service. This is less than you will be paying for tools and petrol to go and buy then.

They also have the added bonus of having a chart for the manufacturers recommended oil and a machine to flush out your system.

Then again it maybe for the personal reward/satisfaction. Until the Mrs goes mad at the oil stains on the drive. facepalm.gif