Photography forum - a new strategy

MJP

Oh God! Doesn't anyone take photos any more?? biggrin.png I took some today, but I said I wasn't going to post, so you ain't seeing them one of them! tongue.png

yes I'm having a hard time getting back into this, a pile of nonsense just to please two or three members....blink.pngsad.png

Don't take it so seriously Jimbo. I'm going to leave you guys to to sort it all out yourselves, hopefully with a new dedicated photog forum moderator. Oh yes! Fingers crossed!

Finally the ice is broken and everyone is talking and listening together.

Nice to read members here are trying to self-moderate the photo-forum. I also see people walk away to take a break and return afterwards. There must be a reason to comeback and many more to stay here. Therefore I think a simple basis of demands won't help to form the new strategy.

I can't judge myself but I understand the forum needs improving and this change should benifit everyone. Any improvement should be based on focussing on current strengths of the forum. Communication is certainly not one of them so I think some ideas/improvements need to be clarified properly first.

Everyone can just walk in and join the forum. It's a very social place allowing people from completely different backgrounds but with similar ideas to connect and meet easily. This should be protected.

The forum's improvements should be attracting more photographers because I feel there are not enough. Naturally, I'm willing to support improvements will help..--.

[edit] --even a Mod.^

Edited by Dancealot
  • Like 2

Indeed Humour is a major part of this section...I remember "The Day Uncle Bought a Macro Lens". Prior to this purchase he took interesting shots of Bears in Alaska,Lakes of Switzerland etc,things worldwide we could all enjoy. Suddenly we were subjected to Bugs Eyes , and things looking like something from a Coroners Report...... Artistic Folks can be a bit touchy, but ive not seen anything ill intended here in my short presence here.coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Few overall points of this discussion.

4) Should we have a "Let me introduce myself" thread, where our members could tell each others little bit who they are, where they live and where they are from. What they are interested in photography and what they wish to learn to do. Hobbies, professional work life, family pets etc. Nothing mandatory, only the things a person wishes to share. The post could included person's favourite photo.

Why not ? A good idea , I think ..wai2.gif

Few overall points of this discussion.

4) Should we have a "Let me introduce myself" thread, where our members could tell each others little bit who they are, where they live and where they are from. What they are interested in photography and what they wish to learn to do. Hobbies, professional work life, family pets etc. Nothing mandatory, only the things a person wishes to share. The post could included person's favourite photo.

Why not ? A good idea , I think ..wai2.gif

The wonder of a forum is that any member can start a thread labled "I am Foo" He can then make a post of who he is, he can post a few pictures for comment, he can post a post about why he took a photo etc.

We have gone far from the days where threads should have to be made for us. That stopped in the days of websites where the owner could make a page for someone. Nice point though oilinki that there are people behind the photos.

Edited by harrry