Benefits or Advantages to being a Farang in Thailand vs being a Thai

Teachers get paid 300% more for being Farang. Many bars will not let in Thai men. 83.5% of Thai women would rather have Luk Krung baby. Most actresses and beauty contestant winners are part Farang so the standard of beauty is measured by how much a Thai looks like a Farang.

Please take note on the bars not letting in thai men it isn't specific to farang. There are also japanese bars that only let in japanese people for example.

Anyway i notice that farang or at least those that i read about here don't know about the give and take concept. Like they don't mind showing their supremacy over the thais in examples like the bars or the beauty contests to boast and drag they are "handsome men" and can pull tail but complain to the skies over every minor inconvinence. It's just laughable.

But the topic is advantages foreigners have over Thais. And the only ones I can think of are related to salary, women, and perhaps safety. But those first two- and maybe the third one- are becoming less of a factor. In fact, when it comes to women, I'd say Thai men have always had the advantage. I see a few guys with hot girls here, but in general most of the really stunning ones are with Thai guys. Anyway, I just live here for the thrill of seeing new things and don't really feel like I have the upper hand on anyone. I'll find something to bitch about no matter where I live.

I think you're right Eldragon. The only advantage farangs have in Thailand, when it comes to women, is bagging the not-so-attractive ones.

• Like 1

I'd agree with half Thai kids.

Yet to see any that aren't adorable. Including my daughter who's just damn cute!

I think it would be a stunner to actually read about a father that will claim his child is ugly. Yet to see that.
Actually, in Thailand when there is a newborn baby, you don't say the baby is cute. You say the baby is ugly/unpretty/not cute to fight the evil spirits away. Thais believe if you say the baby is beautiful, cute and adorable, the evil spirits will come and take your baby.
Sounds like something you tell a new parent with an ugly kid.

Hey, this is part the culture and the belief so...no harm intends and the parents understand. Of course if you are not Thai, you don't understand :).

Never heard of such a thing. I call BS.

555, ask your girl or google it.

I just did and she said you are correct. My apalogies. Learn something new everyday!! Lol

• Like 1

Teachers get paid 300% more for being Farang. Many bars will not let in Thai men. 83.5% of Thai women would rather have Luk Krung baby. Most actresses and beauty contestant winners are part Farang so the standard of beauty is measured by how much a Thai looks like a Farang.

Please take note on the bars not letting in thai men it isn't specific to farang. There are also japanese bars that only let in japanese people for example.

Anyway i notice that farang or at least those that i read about here don't know about the give and take concept. Like they don't mind showing their supremacy over the thais in examples like the bars or the beauty contests to boast and drag they are "handsome men" and can pull tail but complain to the skies over every minor inconvinence. It's just laughable.

We are talking about two different things. I am talking about bars that don't let in Thai men because they might be the boyfriends or relatives of the dancers.

Two, I'm not talking about handsome males. I am talking about Thai beauty contests that are won by luk krungs and tv and advertising personalities and plastic surgery. They are all trying to look like the Farang which is the standard of beauty here.

You don't see Thai women going to the plastic surgeon asking for a flat nose or small breasts now do you?

• Like 1

But the topic is advantages foreigners have over Thais. And the only ones I can think of are related to salary, women, and perhaps safety. But those first two- and maybe the third one- are becoming less of a factor. In fact, when it comes to women, I'd say Thai men have always had the advantage. I see a few guys with hot girls here, but in general most of the really stunning ones are with Thai guys. Anyway, I just live here for the thrill of seeing new things and don't really feel like I have the upper hand on anyone. I'll find something to bitch about no matter where I live.

I think you're right Eldragon. The only advantage farangs have in Thailand, when it comes to women, is bagging the not-so-attractive ones.

I never said that. I've had my fair share of relatively hot girls in my room. And it always depends on one's taste. But I definitely think a majority of the hotter, more dignified ones choose Thai guys.

I never said that. I've had my fair share of relatively hot girls in my room. And it always depends on one's taste. But I definitely think a majority of the hotter, more dignified ones choose Thai guys.

I think that is probably true. The difference comes when comparing Thailand to the West. Old Farang men can go dancing with 10 Thai women 30 to 40 years of age and still in good shape and attractive where they would not be able to do the same thing in the West.

I've tried doing this. I picked out a club in Florida that was like the Bamboo club in Pattaya and asked 10 women for a dance or drink and was refused 10 times. I think the clientèle in the Bamboo is mostly middle aged bank tellers or clerks of some kind rather than ladies of the night. So it is a decent comparison. You can take a look at the video mostly old guys and chubby middle aged Thai office types.

• Like 1

There must be a few or there wouldn't be so many Falungs here.
Benefits specific to farangs...

I can't think of any these days.

The farang heydays are long gone.

Farang tech inspectors get paid much more than Thai inspectors. Farangs always sit up front at most Thai funerals and weddings and other ceremonies. Farangs are the bosses at most auto manufactures in Thailand. Farangs have an easier time meeting a significant other especially gay men.

What if you are a poor farang....

Poor Farang vs Poor Thai? Poor Farang wins the dating game. The relationship may not last long.

With a poor thai lady?

Benefit, farangs are bigger and stronger than most Thais men so will have an advantage in a fight BUT Thais fight 5 to 1

Benefit, farangs get a higher pay BUT farangs are normally charged more or expected to pay

Benefit, farangs can go to gogo bars and take out the ladies and Thai men can not BUT the ladies are already used and abused by Thai men and not really wanted anyway

Benefit, farangs have a lot of money and can afford to buy a house in Thailand BUT can not own it

Etc etc ..... Too many buts ..... So few real benefits .

My passport allows me to travel pretty much anywhere without lots of visa hassles.

My work pays me a decent salary which allow me to employ 8 servants to keep my cars, gardens, house and yacht in pristine condition.

I am very hansum smile.png

Khun Toad ... are you advertising?

Surely you are under-promoting.

I'm sure the words 'very very' where whispered in the hallowed halls.

• Like 1

In order ...

@ ultimate weapon I think it would be a stunner to actually read about a father that will claim his child is ugly. Yet to see that.

@ Somsrisonphimai Actually, in Thailand when there is a newborn baby, you don't say the baby is cute. You say the baby is ugly/unpretty/not cute to fight the evil spirits away. Thais believe if you say the baby is beautiful, cute and adorable, the evil spirits will come and take your baby.

@ BKKSnowBird Sounds like something you tell a new parent with an ugly kid

@ Somsrisonphimai Hey, this is part the culture and the belief so...no harm intends and the parents understand. Of course if you are not Thai, you don't understand smile.png.

@ BKKSnowBird Never heard of such a thing. I call BS.

@ arthurwait Perfectly true, also why the tradition is to nickname the baby after something small so the baby won't be noticed by the bad spirits, as in why there are so many Noi's and Lek's.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply ...

@ ultimate weapon ... as usual ... a clueless reply from a witless member.

@ BKKSnowBird ... Mate, don't call BS so quickly, believe it or not ... that is true. It is how it works. The Thais are worried that their children will be spirited away/captured by spirits, so they 'Nickname' their offspring, so to confuse the ghosts/spirits.

Does anyone ever think why, in a country that doesn't speak English ... every (well, everyone I know) young person has an English nickname. My recently born boys do have ... named by the gf's old man. We aren't even Isaan!

@ Somsrisonphimai and @ arthurwait ... spot on ... thumbsup.gif

Funny comment ... have run out of likes ... back later.

The most common Thai nickname that I know is Beer. Do spirits not like beer? Benz is right up there near the top too. Don't spirits like Mercedes Benz's?

Grrrrrrrr ... Take me off your blocked PM list please!

My passport allows me to travel pretty much anywhere without lots of visa hassles.

My work pays me a decent salary which allow me to employ 8 servants to keep my cars, gardens, house and yacht in pristine condition.

You forgot to mention your extremely large penis, which according to one of your ex's tells me that you are really able to create a depression or was it an impression with?

You forgot to mention your extremely large penis, which according to one of your ex's tells me that you are really able to create a depression or was it an impression with?

Thanks Mr ND, it is well known that i am big cock

To ask a lower price on the market is very hard. Even 10 or 20 thb discount might be hard to get for some fruits.

My last experience fruit mix for Indian /Arab man 60 thb for me 70 thb. As I asked why she charge the Indian only with 60 thb she became angry and serve my fruit dish without any further comments. I paid 60 thb.

If going with thai girl to a market and she ask a price without me, there is always de good thai discount.

Sent from mobile device

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply ...

@ ultimate weapon ... as usual ... a clueless reply from a witless member.

I was saying it's very unlikely a parent would say their child looks ugly all parents would say their kids look adorable. That's all.

It's kind of sad that you bear some sort of grudge, vendetta towards me that every single one of your replies to me has to be hostile. Oh my i must have really pissed you off bad. Not bad on a faceless internet forum.

Edited by ultimate weapon

Not to mention i don't even think i was posting to david48 but hey he chose to post to me with something impolite. Even more petty than a thai girl.

Please feel free to place me on your ignore list.

I would consider that a badge of honour if it was you ... thumbsup.gif

Not to mention i don't even think i was posting to david48 but hey he chose to post to me with something impolite. Even more petty than a thai girl.

Please feel free to place me on your ignore list.

I would consider that a badge of honour if it was you ... thumbsup.gif

Now you just need a chest to pin it on. I hope it's a light weight badge, for those wobbly knees to carry it.