Pattaya Club Owner

I was reading on another Thai forum about a Pattaya club owner who when he asked the DJ to change and turn down the music the DJ refused. When the club owner insisted, threatening to fire the DJ the club owner was threatened with his life.

What would you do in a situation like that?

Indeed, I have heard of other situations where an employee was not fired because the boss feared physical repercussions on his own person.

Is this quite common? Are the police unable or unwilling to protect business owners from employees in Pattaya?

I have contacts with the Thai military that go back 35 years and they assure me if I have any problems of this nature with whoever that they would be happy to straighten it out for me. But that opens a whole other world of sticky wickets that I would not like to be involved with.

Have any business owners been in a situation like this and if so how did you handle it?

In all honesty?

I'd fire him and take my chances, I've had similar before where service etc say "you have problem now" yeh right, if it happens it happens but i can't afford to let business fail because of one person same as I will not be pinned down by anybody.

If i felt uneasy i'd use others to warn them off. :o

In all honesty?

I'd fire him and take my chances, I've had similar before where service etc say "you have problem now" yeh right, if it happens it happens but i can't afford to let business fail because of one person same as I will not be pinned down by anybody.

If i felt uneasy i'd use others to warn them off. :o

Hi Dave,

Ever hear of any"mafia" in Pattaya going after bar owners?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

In all honesty?

If i felt uneasy i'd use others to warn them off. :D

Hi Dave,

Ever hear of any"mafia" in Pattaya going after bar owners?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I've never encountered any, I've heard about farang bar owners trying to intimidate other bar owners. :o

On the whole its pretty friendly. :D

I've read loads of 'A friend of mine', 'A guy I know', 'Someone at my local bar told me'.

But I've never read or had a firsthand report of intimidation, asking or key money yes, changing the deal before the contract is signed, again yes.

But where are the firsthand reports.

Either it doesn't happen, of it happens and scares the sh1t out of the victim to the point where they daren't even post an account on the internet of how they are being done over by the mob/police/local politian.

I've read loads of 'A friend of mine', 'A guy I know', 'Someone at my local bar told me'.

But I've never read or had a firsthand report of intimidation, asking or key money yes, changing the deal before the contract is signed, again yes.

But where are the firsthand reports.

Either it doesn't happen, of it happens and scares the sh1t out of the victim to the point where they daren't even post an account on the internet of how they are being done over by the mob/police/local politian.

Of course i know the details of what i posted but i won't be revealing any of the details. :o

Of course i know the details of what i posted but i won't be revealing any of the details. :D

I wonder what will Mr. Greg M. Lange say about that? (M stands for Mythbuster) :o

Maybe someone read Thaivisa.com and said "gees what a easy way to make some money. :D "

I bet it has to do will a bar owner fighting with another bar owner over a girl or money.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Of course i know the details of what i posted but i won't be revealing any of the details. :D

I wonder what will Mr. Greg M. Lange say about that? (M stands for Mythbuster) :o

Maybe someone read Thaivisa.com and said "gees what a easy way to make some money. :D "

I bet it has to do will a bar owner fighting with another bar owner over a girl or money.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

I'll toss this out for comment by the more experienced. My impressions from dealing with many businesses here in the states (I'm a CPA) that there are great business owners, and there are unscrupulous business owners. I would imagine the bar ownership scene in Thailand is no different.

I've heard over here of cheating business owners getting some 'pay back' so I would think in a country like Thailand, that would not be much different, perhaps easier.

As the saying goes 'What goes around, comes around'

... I have contacts with the Thai military that go back 35 years and they assure me if I have any problems of this nature with whoever that they would be happy to straighten it out for me. But that opens a whole other world of sticky wickets...

Sure it does, but only for westerners. You should still let your friends handle the problem. It's the way such things are handled here and it's how everyone here would expect such things to be handled. Unless, of course, the guys pushing you don't know you have contacts like that, then woe is to them.

I have similar contacts, have had similar problems, and I had no hesitancy at all in letting my pals handle it. They did, too.......