Palestinian boy shot by Israeli troops at Gaza border

webfact

According to the report the soldier was following policy to shoot but had not intended on shooting that high. So I think it's worth questioning the details of their policies they have for dealing with these incidents. Of course that's an internal IDF matter but be clear Israel has no interest in incidents like this happening for the obvious humanitarian reasons and also it is well understood they will be used for anti-Israel propaganda purposes.

The Palestinian leadership on the other hand is not worried about applauding intentional murderous terrorists of innocent civilians going about their business ... they think the world is mostly on their side now, and they're right.

Very sad, but that is what happens when dealing with terrorism. It would not be the first time Hamas strapped a suicide bomb on a child.

The victim is being blamed yet again...heartless.

With a ceasefire and reconstruction in place, is it likely that Hamas would try to break the ceasefire with such a ridiculous stunt using a 10 year old child with a near zero chance of success and 100% chance of negative PR, when they could far more easily tunnel under a military outpost, attack IDF and take hostages...no lack of volunteers I'm sure after the atrocities perpetrated by Israel this year.

It was just trigger happy IDF ...not for the first time.

Correct me if I m wrong , but was it IDF who tried to break the border or the boy ?

So who is to blame the IDF or the boy?

If one had common sense, blame would lie solely on the parents , but that would not suit anti Israel crew and propaganda

Have you not considered that the boy may have been orphaned, like so many Palestinian children, by the recent Israeli aggression? It's Gaza, not US suburbia. Blame the parents indeed!

Blame the parents for the IDF shooting a child. I have heard many deflections of IDF behaviour but that is the most vile.

• Like 2

According to the report the soldier was following policy to shoot but had not intended on shooting that high. So I think it's worth questioning the details of their policies they have for dealing with these incidents. Of course that's an internal IDF matter but be clear Israel has no interest in incidents like this happening for the obvious humanitarian reasons and also it is well understood they will be used for anti-Israel propaganda purposes.

The Palestinian leadership on the other hand is not worried about applauding intentional murderous terrorists of innocent civilians going about their business ... they think the world is mostly on their side now, and they're right.

Obvious humanitarian reason? Obvious PR reason more likely.

• Like 1

Very sad, but that is what happens when dealing with terrorism. It would not be the first time Hamas strapped a suicide bomb on a child.

With a ceasefire and reconstruction in place, is it likely that Hamas would try to break the ceasefire with such a ridiculous stunt using a 10 year old child with a near zero chance of success and 100% chance of negative PR, when they could far more easily tunnel under a military outpost, attack IDF and take hostages...no lack of volunteers I'm sure after the atrocities perpetrated by Israel this year.

Correct me if I m wrong , but was it IDF who tried to break the border or the boy ?

If one had common sense, blame would lie solely on the parents , but that would not suit anti Israel crew and propaganda

Have you not considered that the boy may have been orphaned, like so many Palestinian children, by the recent Israeli aggression? It's Gaza, not US suburbia. Blame the parents indeed!

Blame the parents for the IDF shooting a child. I have heard many deflections of IDF behaviour but that is the most vile.

Yeah that must be the reason , bad bad Israel, but no problem for ISIS to slaughter thousands and leave even more homeless.No problem for Hamas and Co to attack, stab, stone people, its all bad bad Israel

I really can not believe you are still speakingbah.gif

• Like 2

Yes, the world IS mostly on the Palestinian side now.

Do you wonder why?

cheesy.gif

Yes Egypt certainly was during last conflictw00t.gif

• Like 1

The Institute for Palestine Studies published a detailed report on Gaza’s Tunnel Phenomenon in the summer of 2012. It reported that tunnel construction in Gaza has resulted in a large number of child deaths.

“At least 160 children have been killed in the tunnels, according to Hamas officials”

The author, Nicolas Pelham, explains that Hamas uses child laborers to build their terror tunnels because, “much as in Victorian coal mines, they are prized for their nimble bodies”

Yeah that must be the reason , bad bad Israel, but no problem for ISIS to slaughter thousands and leave even more homeless.No problem for Hamas and Co to attack, stab, stone people, its all bad bad Israel

I really can not believe you are still speakingbah.gif

You said, " If one had common sense, blame would lie solely on the parents , ". Now when I point out that the child was quite possibly an orphan, you go off on a tangent about ISIS and Hamas.

Why can't you and JT, so very very offended by people calling a spade a spade, admit the reality; The IDF shot an unarmed boy. The Isreali soldier aimed (badly apparently) and pulled the trigger, nearly killing him. Nobody else is to blame.

• Like 2

It's hard to not be very skeptical about how justified the IDF was in this case. With images of the laughing IDF soldiers sniping children in the last offensive, and the IDF T-shirts with the pregnant Arab woman in crosshairs with the caption "One shot, two kills", I tend to want to have proof that the soldiers were disciplined and following legitimate orders, rather than take the IDF line.

• Like 2

Without pointing fingers, it's a sad day anywhere in the world where trained soldiers feel the need to shoot 10 year old kids.

Absolutely. Things need to change on both sides and both sides need braver leaders ... but right now, that isn't in the cards. Right now things are getting worse.

• Like 2

The Institute for Palestine Studies published a detailed report on Gaza’s Tunnel Phenomenon in the summer of 2012. It reported that tunnel construction in Gaza has resulted in a large number of child deaths.

“At least 160 children have been killed in the tunnels, according to Hamas officials”

The author, Nicolas Pelham, explains that Hamas uses child laborers to build their terror tunnels because, “much as in Victorian coal mines, they are prized for their nimble bodies”

Ahhh, ok then. That excuses the Israeli soldier for shooting an unarmed child.

• Like 1

Israeli kids taught to kill and hate

Interviewer: What did you imagine?

Israeli boy: I pictured a dead Arab and that made me happy.

Absolutely disgusting!

Unfortunately, videos of Arabs doing this are allowed on this forum, while this video will be "offensive" to some posters who hate anything that "demonises" Israel.

I hope you keep it on file, Up-Country, because people need to know.

I've seen another one which was in a classroom.....even more manipulative of kids than this one shows.

clap2.gifcheesy.gif

It is indeed, hence why Israel has over 2 million arabs living in Israel with Israeli citizenship, where arab hate speech is against the law.

Now, how many Jews live in Arab countries?whistling.gif

Now back to OP,

Surely understanding this video would not be a problem,, not would the source be. They say picture speaks 1000 words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNAo_aw8uBs

Edited by konying
  • Like 1

It's hard to not be very skeptical about how justified the IDF was in this case. With images of the laughing IDF soldiers sniping children in the last offensive, and the IDF T-shirts with the pregnant Arab woman in crosshairs with the caption "One shot, two kills", I tend to want to have proof that the soldiers were disciplined and following legitimate orders, rather than take the IDF line.

Aren't you the one who always talks about not judging all Muslims by what you allege are the few insane, bad Muslims? I guess it is just convenient for you to do the opposite when it comes to judging the IDF or the other side.

I'll take your point into consideration. You may have a point. Or it may be that the IDF in general is in fact intent on ethnic cleansing.

Perhaps I'd be less inclined to generalise if there weren't so many Muslim haters (such as yourself) here.

The IDF view?

human_rights_violations_by_benheine.jpg

Yep, just what nutty Muslims do and show to other Muslims to try and fuel the hate and perhaps why Muslims in general are so tolerant to that which is intolerable.

I don't know where it first appeared, but, like the '1 shot kills 2' T shirt and many similar ones, was reproduced on a T shirt worn by members of the IDF!

Ahhh, ok then. That excuses the Israeli soldier for shooting an unarmed child.

No, its just provides clear and undeniable evidence that Hamas managed to turn even children into a weapon against Israel.

IDF does not need an excuse, anyone trying to cross the border and insisting on doing so after the warning shot is at their own risk.

Uniformed across any country in the world.

Your poor and distasteful attempts to turn it into anti Israel bashing is boresome, as you have already shown your true colors in regards to arabs killing other arabs or arabs killing jews.

It (the video) is indeed, hence why Israel has over 2 million arabs living in Israel with Israeli citizenship, where arab hate speech is against the law.

Now, how many Jews live in Arab countries?whistling.gif

I do not know how many Jews live in Arab countries; but I doubt that it's zero.

What I do know, and has been proven many times, is that a form of apartheid exists in Israel which means that Israeli Arabs have fewer rights than Jewish Israelis.

• Like 2

Yes, the world IS mostly on the Palestinian side now.

Not anyone that counts. wink.png

• Like 1

What I do know, and has been proven many times, is that a form of apartheid exists in Israel which means that Israeli Arabs have fewer rights than Jewish Israelis.

Yeah, "apartheid". That is why an Arab is on the Supreme Court and Israel's laws call for religious and racial equality - just like in South Africa. rolleyes.gif What utter BS.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 2