when will Zoe in Yellow get a good dj?

Xa1

the dj they have now cannot create a set

he will play a good dance beat for a while then stop it and sample a song with no rhythm, then suddenly start the dance rhythm again

then when you think the groove has started, he cuts that off and samples another song

a good dj can keep a dance going

Edited by Xa1
  • Like 1

If you are going to Zoe for the *music*, then you are doing it wrong.

Zoe is a lot like Spicy.... People don't go there because they want to be wow'ed by a great DJ.

people go there to dance. but the dances are cut short just when they get going. just go there and see what the people are doing.

Zoe is a lot like Spicy.... People don't go there because they want to be wow'ed by a great DJ.

And if Zoe and Spicy are not good....where is the "good music" in Chiang Mai?

And if Zoe and Spicy are not good....where is the "good music" in Chiang Mai?

Good music (played by real musicians) .... tiger kingdom in town, loots lock leggae, gossip.

never heard of those places for dance music.....

It has been several years since I have been in a dance club here. Do the DJs still use a setup where the music completely cuts off when they talk over their microphone?

No. wink.png And especially not at places like Zoe which is not really Thai oriented.

people go there to dance. but the dances are cut short just when they get going. just go there and see what the people are doing.

People go there for a variety of reasons. You will have noticed the sedentary garden area at the back, indeed a dance area on both sides, and the meat market in the middle. wink.png

when will Zoe in Yellow get a good dj?

Why? Are they no longer attracting customers?

Possibly; It seems a little quiet these days..

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

ha ha as though people go to yellow to dance,though as far as i can see the young pack backers love it,after all its only a postage stamp dance floor.the indoor one seems more popular,with the thais.must admit though that dj,has been playing the same songs for over 5/6 years now.(put your hands up.i dont care i love it)and a few more repeates,5555

Before the current owners stole the business from the original owners, Zoe was a very unique venue with very good dj's and original live music ideas. They would cook some of the best buffets ever and it was a really nice place for people of all ages to enjoy.

• Like 1

Before the current owners stole the business from the original owners, Zoe was a very unique venue with very good dj's and original live music ideas. They would cook some of the best buffets ever and it was a really nice place for people of all ages to enjoy.

When did the change in ownership occur? I haven't been there in about a year now but I always enjoyed going there.

must have been many many years ago, certinally before my time,rember before they did it up it was a pretty gross place,in fact the whole area was run down.

must have been many many years ago, certinally before my time,rember before they did it up it was a pretty gross place,in fact the whole area was run down.

Going on my unreliable memory, Zoe in Yellow is only four or five years old. Before that there were nondescript bars in the same location, but I don't recall the names. The area was better known as the Heaven Beach area, and Heaven Beach was a true dive. I avoided the area unless dragged there by friends.

Zoe in Yellow was originally opened by an expat, Turkish I think, with the required Thai partner. I heard a few years ago that the expat was no longer involved, but I don't know why.

Of course all of the above is second hand information from people who spend way to much time in bars.

Going on my unreliable memory, Zoe in Yellow is only four or five years old. Before that there were nondescript bars in the same location, but I don't recall the names. The area was better known as the Heaven Beach area, and Heaven Beach was a true dive. I avoided the area unless dragged there by friends.

Zoe in Yellow was originally opened by an expat, Turkish I think, with the required Thai partner. I heard a few years ago that the expat was no longer involved, but I don't know why.

Of course all of the above is second hand information from people who spend way to much time in bars.

I recall that the puyai baan was a (not so friendly) Turkish lady.

use to be a greek guy and a turkish guy who run the place always wondered about that as i thought they never got on(turks and greeks)??????

use to be a greek guy and a turkish guy who run the place

That is what I heard too, back when they had the vegetarian buffets. The Turkish guy was out after a while, for some reason, but I never heard if it was, or was not, voluntary. I miss those the vegetarian buffets because they were so different from the usual veggie food in CM - Greek/Turkish dishes - and very affordable.

Heaven Beach, that rings some bells. Sand!

Had a good time there now and again in the pre 2005 era. Last time I remember going there I ordered a small Chang and it was warm. A fat Farang with his shirt off tending bar. I asked for some ice and which he picked up with his bare hands and stuffed into a plastic cup. Drank it anyway. I believe in challenging my immune system.

• Like 2

re

Going on my unreliable memory, Zoe in Yellow is only four or five years old. Before that there were nondescript bars in the same location, but I don't recall the names. The area was better known as the Heaven Beach area, and Heaven Beach was a true dive.

your about right :)

coz they had their fifth aniversary party in september 14

re

The area was better known as the Heaven Beach area, and Heaven Beach was a true dive.

it was !

it was demolished in feb 13 and opened up a few hundred yards from the winner inn about a year ago :)

dave2

post-42592-0-09886800-1416402945_thumb.j

post-42592-0-76780500-1416403002_thumb.j

post-42592-0-01679400-1416403051_thumb.j

post-42592-0-84814900-1416403156_thumb.j

Heavens knows I'm not a Zoe person, but would it not make more sense to take your thoughts and feelings and discuss it with the owners or managers of Zoe's ?? ....

I am guessing people fall asleep a lot when your talking.

Heavens knows I'm not a Zoe person, but would it not make more sense to take your thoughts and feelings and discuss it with the owners or managers of Zoe's ?? ....

I am guessing people fall asleep a lot when your talking.

Maybe .... but at least I know he difference between and when to use, "Your" and "You're"

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Theses are the guys who owned Zoe. When the Greek guy went home for a visit the the lease was switched out of his name.

Is the guy on the right the Greek (former) partner? He went to my gym back then and I was never sure if he was the Greek or the Turk. Is he still around?