Extension Based on Thai Wife - income method

Thanks for your input Sandy.

I find it incredible that you get a state pension of £192 per week.

I had a middle income, 45 years contributions, paid SERPS all my life, never been unemployed, but was quoted vastly different figure than yourself just 6 months ago. I took early retirement 6 months ago and now live in Thailand on a private pension that I invested in since 18 years old. I never contracted out of SERPS.

I did a lot of work for a charity that cared for elderly and vulnerable people. Caseworkers used to exam their finances, making sure they received everything they were entitled to including pensions and benefits. I had access to their incomes and never once did I see an individual receive a state pension such as yours..........unless it was a joint married pension.

According to the latest information I have at hand, I could lose out on the new pension changes. Currently estimated to now start at £155 per week.

I'm fortunate enough to have a private pension already, then when I'm 65 I'll get whatever the state pension is plus a company pension. I'm in no rush to get married though, so it's immaterial to me.

The UK state pension must be one of the lowest in Europe though.

Lite Beer, on 22 Nov 2014 - 14:34, said:

New retirees after April 2016.

A lot will get less than the 148.40 (around 155 after inflation) weekly amount.

Some will get more.

It aint an exact science.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/pensions/article-2634215/Why-millions-WONT-155-new-state-pension-theyre-expecting.html

Agreed.

I don't know of anyone though who currently gets a UK state pension of £784.31 per month regardless of their contributions, to meet the 400,000 baht monthly inc

I lived and worked in the UK for 33 qualifying years and my UK pension (including SERPS) is more than £784.31 per month. There must be a wealth of people, with more qualifying years, on far bigger pensions. You obviously move in the wrong circles Faz

I lived and worked in the UK for 33 qualifying years and my UK pension (including SERPS) is more than £784.31 per month. There must be a wealth of people, with more qualifying years, on far bigger pensions. You obviously move in the wrong circles Faz

If you received your pension at the time of the 44 year rule you would be right.

Under the 30 year rule, additional qualifying years does not make for a bigger pension.

SERPS is based on something like 25 percent of the average NI band, so there is a ceiling. If I remember right I think it is in the order of £250 pounds a week.

I would agree that there are many that would qualify for marriage extension on state pension alone.