Spot the oddity - local tech gear ad

Archie Pelago

Not sure about that.......are you sure that is not an equivalent of the little sony mp3 players which need to be charged in a usb port.

Yeah, I'm sure. I have the exact same Sandisk USB thumb drive, and it should not be stuck into a USB charging station.

That's what made me spot it in the first place.

The flash cells are tired and need to be topped up.

Actually dave spotted it first, he was just a little too subtle for us oldies smile.png

Sorry dave, but I had no idea what "flash cells" meant. That was a little cryptic for me. Never heard of a flash cell before, certainly not a tired one :)

The flash cells are tired and need to be topped up.

Actually dave spotted it first, he was just a little too subtle for us oldies smile.png

Sorry dave, but I had no idea what "flash cells" meant. That was a little cryptic for me. Never heard of a flash cell before, certainly not a tired one :)

No need to apologise....glad the thread didn't end there.

My quip works on another level also; flash drives work by applying a charge to the cell and flipping the bit. Eventually the cells can no longer be flipped as physically they are worn out. On an SSD at least the controller monitors how many cycles the cells have been through and moves the data to the over-provisioned area if available in order to maintain data integrity.

So my little snort snort chuckle nerd joke has been explained. Hope it hasn't lost anything I'm translation.

• Like 1