100 Ladies and Ladyboy’s 'of the night' arrested by Police on Pattaya Beach

webfact

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

200 baht ... What a joke !

Should fine these nasty street walkers 2,000 baht for first offense and 10,000 baht for second. That will solve the beach road problem. However they will just move their hunting grounds. I guess it is just hopeless for Pattaya and the entire country

What about 50,000 baht for these scutterbugs who find their beach rats for sex, to save on a 300 barfine. No customers no rats, easy.

You are someone who pay Barfines? Somnamna tongue.png

The ladyboys are there to steal, not to sleep with their victims. Hence working in a bar is not an option, as the bar will then have a copy of their id, and the victim will therefore know who they are.

The police should arrest them every night. The 200 baht fine won't matter much, but at least they will not be stealing from anyone while sitting at the police station (I think).

Maybe you weren't handsome enough....

Should fine these nasty street walkers 2,000 baht for first offense and 10,000 baht for second. That will solve the beach road problem. However they will just move their hunting grounds. I guess it is just hopeless for Pattaya and the entire country

What about 50,000 baht for these scutterbugs who find their beach rats for sex, to save on a 300 barfine. No customers no rats, easy.

You are someone who pay Barfines? Somnamna tongue.png

is that a question or trying to impress me with your tinglish and thai skillscheesy.gif

What you want to bet that the girls what robbed the Pakistani were not in this roundup ? Paki 'claims' 700 US dollars, several hundred Euros, plus 5000 baht were taken by 2 girls he befriended on Dusit Curve. If I had a windfall like that I'd take a few nights off.

The ladyboys are there to steal, not to sleep with their victims. Hence working in a bar is not an option, as the bar will then have a copy of their id, and the victim will therefore know who they are.

The police should arrest them every night. The 200 baht fine won't matter much, but at least they will not be stealing from anyone while sitting at the police station (I think).

Maybe you weren't handsome enough....

I am not sure a thief cares how handsome his victims are? Are you suggesting that if I am really handsome the thieves will do me before they rob me?smile.png

Just the regular shakedown no?

I'm deluding myself to think that Pattaya could follow Amsterdam's example and regulate the sex industry (yes I know they still have dealers and addicts etc in Dam but I'd wager it's a hell of a lot safer than PTY), the sex trade is the oldest in the world and Pattaya is a hot spot for it. It will never be truly eradicated so it should be regulated and controlled to a degree.

Pigs will fly before this happens though.

i know people that have caught bar girls red handed stealing cash in the st rooms above bars they work in.

I am not arguing bargirls do not steal, of course a few do, but the vast majority of them are there to entertain their customers, not to steal from them, unlike the freelance ladyboys who are mainly if not only there to steal. A customer being robbed in a short time room may not be able to prove that the girl he just went with took his money, she will of course deny it, but even without proof the bar management will quickly notice if several customers complain about the same girl, and then likely kick her out. She can of course just go work in the next bar, but her bad reputation will quickly spread among bar managers as people know eachother in that community.

Afterall there are many times more bargirls than ladyboys in Pattaya (and elsewhere), yet 9 out of 10 stories of theft involves ladyboys, which suggests they steal alot more than their female counterparts.

By all means get the thieves, but the girls who are just standing there hoping for clients, leave them alone, if they are there by choice, they are harming no one.

I was in Pattaya last weekend and the scene on the lower end of Beach road was a bit unsightly.

Why can't they find a proper bar job like everyone else. Clearly something is awry when they want to ply their trade in that way.

So good work by the RTP.

Perhaps they (the Hookers) are targeting those "cheap-type" customers like the Pakistani who would rather not pay the Bar Fine or consider the option of a having a 2nd girl for the money rather than pay her bar fine just so he can leave with her? Just a thought...

By all means get the thieves, but the girls who are just standing there hoping for clients, leave them alone, if they are there by choice, they are harming no one.

I think they already are leaving the girls alone. It is hard to tell the ones far from the camera in the OP pic, but the 5 closest to the camera all have Y chromosomes. My guess is the rest do too.

Edited by monkeycountry

I think they already are leaving the girls alone. It is hard to tell the ones far from the camera in the OP pic, but the 5 closest to the camera all have Y chromosomes. My guess is the rest do too.

You may be right, but I would not be so sure, when there's tea money to be had, I think they would pick up girls where it is obvious they are prostitutes.

For posters info, such a photo "mug shot" reference book exists and is often used plus a national data base is on station computer of any Thai ID holder which can cross reference any known ID number etc.

Problem is that a local Pattaya address is not on ID cards from other provinces.

OMG...does Pattaya beach generate enough foreigners looking for illicit sex to support 100 prostitutes?

How does that translate across all of Thailand...Pros in the hundreds of thousands?

And to think...it is all illegal...5555...coffee1.gif

Pattaya Beach at night is commonly known as the Coconut Bar and yes the girls most certainly do a good trade there and the Lady boys at the other end do a good trade with their muggings.w00t.gif

Didn't read the whole thread, but do these represent the same pool of working persons from which Mr. Sharky is supposedly collecting 500B per ____ (week? month?) ?

Well I'm just wondering if there is any connection, I mean in addition to the statements that the sweep is due to the Pakastani being drugged.

100 women and Ladyboys were having public sex on the beach and arrested? Oh... Wait... 100 'people' who were 'at' the public beach were arrested for being at the public beach but not swimming? I'm confused. Did these people all have signs on them offering sex for money? If they had been wearing bathing suits would they have been deemed prostitutes or night-time swimmers? Exactly how do the police decided which people are breaking which law for being at the beach?

I was in Pattaya last weekend and the scene on the lower end of Beach road was a bit unsightly.

Why can't they find a proper bar job like everyone else. Clearly something is awry when they want to ply their trade in that way.

So good work by the RTP.

Not everyone likes to sit in a bar. What you are doing is no more savory so do not judge

• Like 1

I was walking down beach road that night, enjoying the view and all that. The police seem to select girls at random and leave others.

It must be confusing for the girls, police are often hanging about on the road and do nothing then suddenly they start picking girls up other times.

Anyway, what's so different about freelancers down the beach and girls in bars and go go's, not much.