Low Season better?

aTomsLife

Hello Krabi locals,

I've been in Thailand going on four years, and have spent the majority of that time in Chiang Mai. I prefer the low season up here, not only due to the absence of crowds, but also because I like the rains and the fresh air they bring.

I'm thinking I'd like to give life in Krabi a go, at least a few months of each year. What are the months June, July and August like? Does town seem a lot more relaxed? I know it's stormy, but does it rain all day, every day? Even though I'm not the type to work on his tan, I do enjoy keeping my vitamin D levels at a healthy level.

I'm actually headed down next month to check it out for the first time, but it'll be the peak of high season, with all that brings.

Thanks in advance for any replies,

Tom

P.S. For those who might be inclined to tell me: Yes, I know the best time to leave Chiang Mai is from February till Songkran, to avoid both the smoke and the influx of revelers. FWIW, I don't plan on being here then either.

"Does town seem a lot more relaxed? "- Absolutely due to not as many people around.

"but does it rain all day, every day? "- no, comes and goes, you might get a week of rainy then a few good days, might get a morning of rainy, then afternoon sun.Hit-and-miss, don't worry too much about it.

Also, please be aware when you say Krabi, it is quite large. Ao Nang is the tourist central, Krabi Town I think if you were to stay for low season might be more interesting, Khlong Muang also tourist zone with condos going in, Ao Luk definitely Thai.

• Like 1