Good printer to print small editions of brochures etc

Dutchbike

I'm looking around for a decent printer ( 10K to 20K pricerange) mainly intended to print out small editions of promotional material ( flyers/brochures/catalogs) in full color on glossy paper.

My main question is: which gives the best quality and economy? Laserjet or Inkjet?

The printouts have to be of a good lasting quality. any recommendations? particular brands/models?

Thanks in advance.

Depending on how many copies you want it would probably be better to use a proper print-shop with an offset printer. You cant match the quality of offset printing with stand-alone domestic printers, and print-shop prices here are low.

If you only want a few copies then offset wont be economical and laser will give the best results for the money. Even so, it would probably be cheaper to find a print-shop with a good colour laser printer and have them do them for you, rather than buy your own.

Brother All-in-One inkjet would be a good choice. Many models are available on Lazada. The quality depends a lot on the paper you use. Buy brochure-quality paper and you'll be good to go.

Agree with the Brother suggestion. Ink type and quality will also be important, especially if printing on heavy glossy stock. You will need a good, water resistant ink with good adhesion. Many ordinary inks will rub off glossy when being handled as a brochure would.

Less than 100 pieces you can do that with a home/small-office color-laser printer, more than 100 to 1000 pages you need a heavy-duty laser printer which the printing services in shopping-malls have, more than 1000 pages you best can go to a official printing company for the best and cheapest solution.

Inkjet printers, even the good once, I would not recommend for more than 10 to 20 pages as price for original ink is expensive and refill ink is often not the quality you want....

Thanks for the advice, from what I've red inkjet still gives the best results for color print.

Many things to take into consideration, I've tried several printshops but was not very happy with their work. There's also ( mostl) a minimum amount to order and smaller editions ( 100 a 200 pieces) are not that cheap.

If it comes to a purchase I will most likley get it from Thomas ( InvadeIT) I already asked him advice, but he wrote that these kind of printers are not his expertise.

Any idea where to get good quality brochure paper online??

Inkjet inkt becomes quite expensive if printing larger volumes. Also if the paper gets wet your brochure will turn in an unreadable aquarelle. Easiest is to go to a printshop and let them make the brochures for you. They can also fold and stample for you.

If you insist to use your own printer get a color laserprinter. something like "HP Laserjet Pro 200 Color MFP M276nw" will be in your price range.