Need Expert advice

Here's the situation.

I currently have a double entry tourist visa from Savannakhet.

I am now on my first entry, and that entry stamp is good until 18 December 2014.

The visa itself is good for 90 days , or until January 2015, 90 days from the issue date of 16 October 2014.

There are two ways to do this.

One is to get a 30 day extension now and that keeps me here until at least 18 January.

Before that extension runs out I would leave the country (let's say 10 January), and re-enter a day later, getting a entry stamp that gives me another 60 days until some time in the beginning of March 2015 (my second entry)

OR...... I can do another re-entry NOW (before 18 December) for my second entry.

That will be a entry stamp until sometime in February 2015.

I believe that even though my original visa will run out In January, since I will have that 2nd entry stamp I can still do a 30 day extension on the 2nd entry?

Which will also keep me here until March.

The question is ..... which method is best to choose.

The reason I am doing this is because I did not have the funds to do a retirement extension in October 2014 when my first retirement extension expired

But I will have the funds to apply for another retirement extension in March 2015 ..... which is why I am doing this whole nonsense.

Frankly, I think method number 1 would be the best.

That is to get a 30day extension on current entry number one

Then to do entry number 2 in January, and try for another 30 day extension on that entry.

Anyway by the beginning of March 2015 I should have the funds seasoned and ready for my retirement application for a retirement visa/extension.

My question is: what do the experts on this topic think I should do?

You can use both methods.

Method 1 costs more but gives you extra time in case you need it. For method 1 and 2 you must re-enter Thailand before the visa itself runs out.

If you want to go for a conversion, you will need at least 15 days left on your permisison to stay so than you would probably need to go for option 1.

You can use both methods.

Method 1 costs more but gives you extra time in case you need it. For method 1 and 2 you must re-enter Thailand before the visa itself runs out.

If you want to go for a conversion, you will need at least 15 days left on your permisison to stay so than you would probably need to go for option 1.

Thanks

That is what I will do then.