Changes To British Passport Services In Thailand

I have recently removed a Chinese visa from 2010 in my passport as it was taking a full page up

I do keep it at hand but don't really think anyone other than China will be interested.

Its not been picked up on by Thai, Malay and Singapore immigration

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have passed all the UK security checks so i cannot see what the prblem is and the non b visa covers the space that i used to have my cambodian visa on, and i will reiterate i down loaded the form to fill in and took it to Trendy it was checked and stamped ok Nothing was said about added documentation however i did werite my current address on the form,and 18 weeks is still a bloody disgrace even with any mistakes.Why it has to be passed to the overseas team is anyones guess i could just be here on an extended holiday seeing as i have to pick it back up from trendy in bangkok the proof of address is irrelevant

What you believe is of no concern to the idiots and incompetents at HMPO.

Unfortunately trendy do not offer or give a checking service, many would assume that they do, but in fact they are merely a post box for HMPO Liverpool, who do the actual checking/verification.

No matter how stupid it may seem; they want proof, aged less than one year old, of your name at an address in Thailand - translated to English if necessary - full stop.

It is no longer possible to get a replacement UK passport whilst on holiday or business overseas, you must be 'resident' - it's the 21st century and we are now mere third class British citizens - wake up and smell the flowers.

I have recently removed a Chinese visa from 2010 in my passport as it was taking a full page up

I do keep it at hand but don't really think anyone other than China will be interested.

Its not been picked up on by Thai, Malay and Singapore immigration

Sorry soihok, I am not trying to be the thought police but I read on this forum sometime ago that a British Passport "remains the property of HM Government and be withdrawn at any time.. It should not be tampered with or passed to an unauthorised person"

I suspect that nobody is really interested except for UK passport officials.

Hopefully, they will not pick up, from the photocopies, the fact that you steamed off a Cambodian visa to do the Penang visa run. Criminal charges for tampering with UK government property is the last thing you need at the moment.

Hmm, I actually wonder whether this could lie at the heart of the protracted security checks which are being conducted into Alan's renewal application?

He applied in May. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong (irrespective of the HMPO debacle).

HMPO would not be aware that he tampered with his passport as he sent off photocopies BEFORE going to Penang and getting a WP. I got a retirement extension and also traveled to Cambodia, AFTER applying for the renewal passport, without any problems.

Unfortunately, Alan is not the adjudicator for address confirmation. It is required whether realistically necessary or not.

I hadn't appreciated that. Thanks for the clarification.

As far as I am aware, 18 weeks and counting is way in excess of any other delay reported on this thread to date.

Hopefully, they will not pick up, from the photocopies, the fact that you steamed off a Cambodian visa to do the Penang visa run. Criminal charges for tampering with UK government property is the last thing you need at the moment.

Hmm, I actually wonder whether this could lie at the heart of the protracted security checks which are being conducted into Alan's renewal application?

He applied in May. Something is SERIOUSLY wrong (irrespective of the HMPO debacle).

HMPO would not be aware that he tampered with his passport as he sent off photocopies BEFORE going to Penang and getting a WP. I got a retirement extension and also traveled to Cambodia, AFTER applying for the renewal passport, without any problems.

Unfortunately, Alan is not the adjudicator for address confirmation. It is required whether realistically necessary or not.

I hadn't appreciated that. Thanks for the clarification.

As far as I am aware, 18 weeks and counting is way in excess of any other delay reported on this thread to date.

Not the only one!

Soap has posted about his friend who ended up waiting 18 weeks for his daughters replacement passport, late due to the combination an issue with confirmation of address then allied with a dose of trendy incompetence.

Again, I strongly suspect that Alan's issue is primarily with name/address confirmation/verification.

• Like 1

I have waited 123 days / 17 weeks / 4 months for my passport and should be here this week... Here is some info to try and sort out anybodies passport problem out via Liverpool...

Lorraine Williams - Examiner, Overseas Team 7 Email: [email protected]

Graham Roberts - Area Operations Manager - North West and Central Email: [email protected]

Liverpool Overseas Teams - [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Edited by NickyBurma

I have waited 123 days / 17 weeks / 4 months for my passport and should be here this week... Here is some info to try and sort out anybodies passport problem out via Liverpool...

Graham Roberts - Area Operations Manager - North West and Central Email: [email protected]

Liverpool Overseas Teams - [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

2 Weeks is too long - 6 weeks is now still a truly appalling level of service.

17+ weeks does not really have a superlative/adjective to describe such a mindblowingly terrible level of incompetence for the supply of what is the most essential Identity Document for some one based over seas.

We overseas British are now truly Third Class Citizens indeed.

• Like 1

Applied for my new passport at Trendy on 13th August and they just phoned me not 10 minutes ago to say its ready to collect.

7 weeks is better than before, but still represents a totally s..t level of service from what is now officially acknowledged by the British Government to be a failing/failed organization.

2 Weeks is too long - 6 weeks is now still a truly appalling level of service.

17+ weeks does not really have a superlative/adjective to describe such a mindblowingly terrible level of incompetence for the supply of what is the most essential Identity Document for some one based over seas.

We overseas British are now truly Third Class Citizens indeed.

Tell me about it and this due to getting robbed / attacked this was very stressful to deal with plus 38 emails just to sort out my passport ..

This is how far i went ...

Thank you for your letter to the Deputy Prime Minister. This has been passed to Her Majesty's Passport Office for response.

I am pleased to inform you that your passport is in the process of being printed today and should be received by you within the next 7-10 days, although in most cases this can sometimes be sooner.

Regards.

Mr Isaac

Her Majesty's Passport Office

Edited by NickyBurma
  • Like 1

Does anyone have the phone number to trendy. Going to call up and see if my passport has arrived. Wouldn't be surprised if it's been sitting there for a while.

Safest option because they didn't reply to 2 emails i sent them .. Lazy SOB'S

Shocking to be honest with you all... i seen them put everything i gave to them into the DHL envelope and to be sent to Liverpool and now they are saying no police report wasnt in the envelope and this is Liverpool saying this now ..

This is what i call shit service to be honest with you anyway my passport here tomorrow and i shall go and pick it up with no id.. There were also told i would have liked my passport sent to the embassy due to no personally id this is all going to be very interesting .. Anyway Transferred through LONDON-HEATHROW - UK @ 23:51 coffee1.gif coffee1.gif

Edited by NickyBurma

just an update,i was officially notified today by letter that i was being finished as of 10-10-2014, i spend 500 baht calling liverpool area team 5 yesterday all they can tell me as of 9-9-2014 it had been passed to the F I U team (further investigations team for more checks) I now have the provlem that icannot afford after this month to stay whrer i am,so my address on my passport foerm is now irrelevant. I also spoke to the main consular officer Mr Adam Bell and i have to call him again on Friday. I can at least live till end Octber but after that who kmows.Thank you to all the messages of help and advice. May buddah bless you all. !8 weeks on Thursay and counting

Is that the right number? Don't think it has enough digits.

He gave the international calling number. Add a 0 in front of 2 for local calls.
Yeah I'm aware of adding the zero, but it's still only 9 digits.

''The number you dialled is not correct''

Edited by Welshboy89

He gave the international calling number. Add a 0 in front of 2 for local calls.

There is no trendy helpline - try this number that they use to call out but it will only be answered during office hours - 021 687 394

Nine digits is all you need for a Bangkok number. Only mobile numbers need 10.

My bad was looking for emails for Trendy House and still had no reply from staff member ... Anyway i got an email early about my complaint how long i have waited so i let rip on them anyway don't get this you know .. We send everything to Liverpool and passports get printed in London anyway here an email to follow up on if you need a tracking number ... Ann Edwards Overseas Production Manager [email protected] ..

Shipment on hold LEIPZIG - GERMANY 15:15

Ship From:

DHL Global Forwarding
Danzas House Hayes,Middlesex, UB3 1HJ
GB

Ship To:

DDGS C/O MR Full Name with middle Initials - UK VAC

TRENDY OFFICE BLDG,28TH FLOOR
SUKHUMVIT SOI 13,KLONGTOEY-NUA
BANGKOK, 10110
TH

DHL Account number 185043443.

Package is DOX, Sent from LHR.

Use this email only okay [email protected] doing this in england will not get you anywhere trust me because tryed ...

Edited by NickyBurma

Does anybody have any info on supporting documents via DHL being sent to the home address .. I have worked out everything with the passport being sent to the Trendy House .. The flight info is Aerologic 3S530 and departs Leipzig (LEJ) at 08:06 and lands into Bangkok 23:00..

Does anybody have any info on supporting documents via DHL being sent to the home address .. I have worked out everything with the passport being sent to the Trendy House .. The flight info is Aerologic 3S530 and departs Leipzig (LEJ) at 08:06 and lands into Bangkok 23:00..

That means that it will be delivered to Trendy tomorrow.

But then they will not call you or admit that they have it for some time from 7 to 30 days, going by previous reports. They will also illegaly open the package.

I suggest being proactive and calling or visiting as soon as you have confirmation from the DHL tracking service that it is there.

That means that it will be delivered to Trendy tomorrow.

But then they will not call you or admit that they have it for some time from 7 to 30 days, going by previous reports. They will also illegaly open the package.

I suggest being proactive and calling or visiting as soon as you have confirmation from the DHL tracking service that it is there.

I'll be waiting downstair from 8am so they don't get there hands on it plus have a proof it was sent out already .. Just be showing the DHL driver my letter can do without going all the way upstairs or going up the flight of stairs for that matter because so busy...

Even picking up my envelope from Trendy was an 'edgy' experience.

I emailed them before as it was approaching a month since i received a phone call, where i informed them that it would be somewhere between 2-4 weeks depending on flight prices.

I had onward fights booked and being a couple of days before my extension expired. So better to check before making a costly mistake. After an automated reply, I got an email telling me not to worry and they would hold my passport.

On arrival in a cubicle, I was asked about an email, which I never received, just a phone call. There were envelopes DHL on the floor, on the desk, a girl was opening and resealing envelopes.

I handed my old passport to one girl, who then disappeared to the next cubicle. I could hear an English accent chatting to her, after over 5 minutes the voice asked if she had found it yet, then proceeded to help her, I could hear them both hunting and questioning where it could be .. I started to feel rather unhappy / slightly sick at this situation.

It carried on and finally after what seemed a lifetime, but was probably near 15 minutes the girl returned with my DHL envelope, for me to check.

The envelope left the UK on the 25th, It was at Trendy 3 days before someone called, a piece of paper was attached, saying that View had called me on 1st September and i would pickup within 1-2 weeks ( which i hadn't at all )

All together a fitting closure to my application process .. How many frigging envelopes could be in a cubicle and what filing process leaves someone waiting that long.

My advice would be to ask for an email confirmation that your passport has arrived, I had no proof that Trendy had called me to collect, It could have been easy enough for them to deny everything if my envelope was missing.

Even picking up my envelope from Trendy was an 'edgy' experience.

I emailed them before as it was approaching a month since i received a phone call, where i informed them that it would be somewhere between 2-4 weeks depending on flight prices.

I had onward fights booked and being a couple of days before my extension expired. So better to check before making a costly mistake. After an automated reply, I got an email telling me not to worry and they would hold my passport.

On arrival in a cubicle, I was asked about an email, which I never received, just a phone call. There were envelopes DHL on the floor, on the desk, a girl was opening and resealing envelopes.

I handed my old passport to one girl, who then disappeared to the next cubicle. I could hear an English accent chatting to her, after over 5 minutes the voice asked if she had found it yet, then proceeded to help her, I could hear them both hunting and questioning where it could be .. I started to feel rather unhappy / slightly sick at this situation.

It carried on and finally after what seemed a lifetime, but was probably near 15 minutes the girl returned with my DHL envelope, for me to check.

The envelope left the UK on the 25th, It was at Trendy 3 days before someone called, a piece of paper was attached, saying that View had called me on 1st September and i would pickup within 1-2 weeks ( which i hadn't at all )

All together a fitting closure to my application process .. How many frigging envelopes could be in a cubicle and what filing process leaves someone waiting that long.

My advice would be to ask for an email confirmation that your passport has arrived, I had no proof that Trendy had called me to collect, It could have been easy enough for them to deny everything if my envelope was missing.

Lucky i'll be in a suit .. DHL will think i work upstairs maybe plus i have a DHL tracking number ,,,

Wednesday, October 01, 2014 Location Time

8 Departed Facility in LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 08:36

7 Processed at LEIPZIG - GERMANY LEIPZIG - GERMANY 22:22

6 Shipment on hold LEIPZIG - GERMANY 15:15

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 Location Time

5 Transferred through LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 23:51

4 Arrived at Sort Facility LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 20:46

3 Departed Facility in LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 20:44

2 Processed at LONDON-HEATHROW - UK LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 16:16

1 Shipment picked up LONDON-HEATHROW - UK 11:24

Edited by NickyBurma

Just to update, I emailed Ann from the liverpool offices, yesterday and she got back to me within 15 minutes.

My passport arrived at 8.30 this morning.

Sent my application on the 20th. Payment taken on the 26th. Arrived on the 3rd. So 5 1/2 weeks from payment.