US - IR1 Visa - DC Filing - Timeline

If anyone is still watching this thread, there has been mention of birth certificateS (pl). Do I need my birth certificate to process wifes CR1?

Anything I need from states for myself or if I choose, sponsor (for insurance sake)? Other than three yrs tax returns...and letter of invite from parents, we plan to stay for interim.

For domicile in US, I brought back some mail addressed to myself: voter registration, brokerage, local bank, etc...

Thank you

If anyone is still watching this thread, there has been mention of birth certificateS (pl). Do I need my birth certificate to process wifes CR1?

Anything I need from states for myself or if I choose, sponsor (for insurance sake)? Other than three yrs tax returns...and letter of invite from parents, we plan to stay for interim.

For domicile in US, I brought back some mail addressed to myself: voter registration, brokerage, local bank, etc...

Thank you

You won't need your birth certificate. If you have been married more than 2 years you will file an IR1 which gets her a 10 year green card on arrival vs 2 year CR (conditional resident).

Don't need an invitation letter from your parents. they will need to fill out the I-864 and supply all relevant documents (3 year Tax transcripts, current employment letter, pay stubs, or assets if they are using assets etc).

What you have listed should be enough to prove domicile in the US.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought I should provide an update to this thread.

The wife and I arrived in the US on Monday April 13th.

Her Social Security Card arrived in the mail the following week on Thursday April 23rd.

Her 10 year green card arrived in today's mail, Wednesday June 3rd.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I know this thread is over a year old, and I apologize if you have already answered this question. Your experience story has been immensely helpful. Thank you so much for posting this and with so much detail. I submitted my petition in BKK a couple weeks ago, have not heard back yet.

My question is regarding the packet 3.

Did you send the original I 864 affidavit of support by post with the other documents prior to the appointment? And did you bring photocopies or duplicates of the i 864 AOS to the appointment as well? I assume if you sent it/them by post, the consular officer has them to reference during the interview.

Thank you so much again. Not sure if you are still following this thread but in any case, thank you.