North Korea responds to UN with nuclear test threat

webfact

North Korea responds to UN with nuclear test threat

(BBC) North Korea has threatened to conduct a nuclear test in response to a United Nations move towards a probe into the country's human rights violations.

Its foreign ministry on Thursday accused the United States of orchestrating a recent UN resolution calling for the investigation.

North Korea previously conducted nuclear tests in 2006, 2009 and 2013.

Its threat comes as new satellite images emerge indicating fresh activity at a North Korean nuclear facility.

A UN human rights committee on Tuesday passed a resolution calling on the Security Council to refer North Korea to the International Criminal Court for alleged crimes against humanity.

Pyongyang said the resolution was based on "fabricated testimonies" from North Korean defectors and "slander against Pyongyang".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-30125047

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-11-20

Oh no.... everyone should be shitting bricks... The N Koreans are going to conduct a test as punishment.

We should be very nervous.

A bit like me slagging off the way my neighbour treats his car who then responds by threatening to cut his hedge.

Politics going beyond childishness.

• Like 1

Oh no.... everyone should be shitting bricks... The N Koreans are going to conduct a test as punishment.

A bit like me slagging off the way my neighbor treats his car who then responds by threatening to cut his hedge.

Yes, but your not going to send an Aircraft carrier, 10 support ships, an AWAC in flight for days, along with putting on alert, who knows

how many troops, costing millions of American tax payer dollars, (happened last time they plopped a missile into the sea),

and this has been going on since EARLY 1950''S!! AND THEN, China and N. Korea sit back and laugh AGAIN! cheesy.gif

You might only get your underwear in a bundle for a while...........

I don't believe North Korea has a nuclear bomb. They have a large amount of TNT mixed with nuclear waste. Blow up the TNT and make people think you have a Nuclear weapon. Their first test fizzled because there wasn't enough oxygen in the TNT cave to let all the explosives explode. The north fixed that problem and now supposedly have a nuclear bomb. Even if they had a bomb it'd take days and several semi-trailor trucks to deliver it anywhere near South Korea. The people that conclude North Korea has a nuclear bomb have too much to gain by declaring the North has a working bomb. It is all smoke and mirrors.

Food items that cause gout should be allowed into North Korea, perhaps even at a reduced price.

Edited by IAMHERE
  • Like 1

A bit like me slagging off the way my neighbour treats his car who then responds by threatening to cut his hedge.

Whilst one might agree with one's sentiment, the final line of the quoted post is hilarious, given the poster's avatar (the Clown Prince of UK politics)