Thai Airways, Worst Airline In Thailand

PostmanPat

Well they are lousy on domestic and shorter Asian routes now.

But in tourist class DK to TH they have new aircraft b777 now and offer an ok standard service. And they have lowered prices too compared to a few years ago.

A return fare in the range 24000 to 35000 Baht is common now. Of course Emirates and Qatar is normally a bit cheaper and a have little better service but they do not fly directly to Thailand from Europe.

• Like 2

@OP

Then I check in. I had pre booked an aisle seat online as I am very tall. When she printed my boarding pass, out pops a completely different seat next to a window! My very polite request for an aisle seat, indeed the one I had booked was met with a sullen look, and an attitude that suggested I was disturbing her!

You cannot pre-asign seats on TG domestic flights

• Like 2

Over the past 15 years since I married my Thai wife I use the budget airlines, I get what I expect " nothing." It appears that the more expensive airlines give virtually nothing at highly inflated prices. I've never had a problem as I go with the flow.

• Like 2

I fly Thai six times a year Bangkok to Delhi and I think it's okay.

While it is not the greatest, I have certainly had worse service.

Incidentally, I'm not clear how an aisle seat more leg room, I generally find the opposite true, particularly if the aircraft is equipped with individual entertainment.

It has also been my experience that nice people are generally treated nicely.

Just sayin'

• Like 1

Incidentally, I'm not clear how an aisle seat more leg room, I generally find the opposite true, particularly if the aircraft is equipped with individual entertainment.

Just sayin'

On top of that all OP's gripes are with the airport staff and NOT Thai Airways.

Airport staff work for the airport authorities and not the airlines.

Yermanee wai.gif

Just sayin'

Yermanee wai.gif

Who cares. SAME SAME

Just sayin'

Aisle seats wont have additional pitch but always are better for taller individuals who can on occasion move sideways into the aisle itself.

Just sayin'

Yermanee wai.gif

Are you stating the staff at the airlines ticket counters work for the airport and not the individual airline carriers?

• Like 1

as far as I know, the check in staff work for the airline, at least they wear the airlines's uniform, i.e. Nokair uniform, Air Asia uniform, Thai uniform etc.

but agree with the Op. Service from Thai has deteriorated a lot over the last years and looks like their employees seem to be unhappy with their job, at least that's the feeling I get when I fly Thai. I usually fly now with the Middle Eastern airlines like Emirates, Ethihad, Qatar, they provide great service, have a modern fleet and offer lower prices than Thai and others both in Economy and business class. For Asian destinations, I like Cathay, Singapore Airlines, Korean Air.

• Like 1

Just sayin'

Aisle seats wont have additional pitch but always are better for taller individuals who can on occasion move sideways into the aisle itself.

... and trip their fellow passengers as they walk by them in the dark.

Thai airways is overrated and just a horrible airline in general

The snacks they serve on the domestic routes is rubbish and unfortunately due to patriotic pride and a general lack of international travel for most Thais ...they generally believe the marketing efforts that it is one of the best in the world

For the savvy ...domestic routes are best served by Nok, AA and followed by the new entrants Lion ....all offer great service from chiang Mai to bangkok with no dramas

For a premium experience bangkok airways is always a plus

Edited by LawrenceChee

I've generally found them ok except for one guy who answered the ROP phone number in London and told lies.

But they are insanely overpriced on the LHR-BKK route, especially in their premium classes.

As for keeping you waiting in the queue, I wouldn't be surprised if they were late seeing off the previous flight having checked the boarding passes at the departure lounge. They seem to do that there.

Just sayin'

... and trip their fellow passengers as they walk by them in the dark.

No thats only the bald headed coots with sunglasses balanced on top of their noggins trying to look cool and failing dismally...

Even in biz class Thai are hopeless....food crap and tiny tv screens...but worse miniscule wine glasses...bleep bleep bleep bleep bring more which to be fair they did.

Hopeless overall though and charge top whack.

Once and never again I'm afraid.

Thai is the cheapest airlines if you don't mind flying out of Seoul to LAX, They fly non stop, too.

I don't know about that particular leg, but on the BKK-LHR route THAI has been hopeless for many years now on their pricing. You could form a club of ex gold and silver card members who have dumped THAI during the last decade due to disastrous pricing strategy compared to competitors.

Edited by SheungWan