Thai Airways, Worst Airline In Thailand

PostmanPat

I used to fly Thai in the past until their service declined and prices became unrealistic, I now fly Silkair, good polite service and good price. I just purchased a ticket Darwin-Chiang Mai return $500 cheaper than budget airlines for the same route.

Edited by harada

I am writing this from the Thai Air silk lounge at gate D in Swampy. The lounge sucks big time, the only food here are crappy dry white bread sandwiches, hot dog style sausages and dried up curry puff things - horrible. The one bar is 200 m away at the bottom of the lounge not near the (so called) food and the staff are miserable <deleted>.

This is my first and last time in this lounge I hope - a 711 serves better food - pathetic.

It doesn't get any better out at the C and E Royal Silk lounges. Not only are they overcrowded and serve the same miserable food, which never changes, but they do not even serve wine at those lounges. Thinking of a gin and tonic? Well, be aware that TG serve the cheapest possible Gilbey's gin, made in the Philippines. The best mix for this stuff is at the bottom of your kitchen drain.

Assuming you were in business class, by now you have experienced the in-flight "cuisine", which is definitely the worst of any Star Alliance airlines. Compared to the oily, tasteless version they serve onboard, I can get far better pad krapow for 30 baht at my local street vendor.

By the way, if you have a Star Alliance Gold card (or above), you can opt for the Singapore Airlines or EVA lounges instead of TG. Both have far better food and beverage offerings. That said, no other lounge is close to the variety and quality of food and drink served by Emirates at BKK.

The Emirates lounge at BKK is somewhat impressive in its service and worth getting to earlier just to take advantage of the facilities on offer. Emirates downside however at least for flights to HKG is that it doesn't offer a significant number of time slots.

Edited by SheungWan

True, EK have only one r/t to HKG each day and the return flight is very late. Unfortunately, that is why I am resigned to flying TG for most trips to HKG. No comparison between the two for either service on the ground or in the air, and EK are actually less expensive than TG for that route. That said, EK do now have seven flights to DXB each day now, making BKK the airport with the most EK flights outside of DXB.