'Beach Patrol of Pattaya' Project launched by Police Commander

webfact

'Beach Patrol of Pattaya' Project launched by Police Commander

meeting-5.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Thursday the new Provincial Police Commander was in Pattaya to receive an update on a new project which, it is hoped, will significantly reduce crime along Pattaya Beach.

Police Major General Nittipon chaired a meeting at Pattaya Police Station attended by Senior Officers, local government officials and local tourism and business associations to discuss the “Beach Patrol of Pattaya” project which is being overseen by the Pattaya Police Chief & Deputy Provincial Commander, Police Colonel Supattee.

Officers dressed in orange shirts and caps will patrol the Pattaya Beach area 24 hours a day in an effort to reduce crimes, especially those that involve Tourists. Checkpoints in three areas along the 2km stretch of Pattaya Beach from North Pattaya to the entrance of Walking Street will be set up.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/155753/beach-patrol-of-pattaya-project-launched-by-police-commander/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-11-21

• Like 2

Un-FREAKING-Believable!!!!!!!!

They FINALLY came out with a police uniform that looks like it might, just, MAYBE, be a bit more comfortable than that ridiculous brown uniform!

I know I'd probably sit around like a slug in the shade all day if I had to wear a solar panel uniform all day in Pattaya heat.

This new uniform could be a HUGE plus!!!!!!! The Boys in Orange & White (BOW) cannot help but be better than the BIB.

Certainly can't be any worse.

• Like 1

I think should able to speak English, Chinese and Russia will be advantage for tourist to ask direction or communicate when in need.

Makes sense, but I doubt they'll do it........Not that they CAN"T do it, I just doubt they'll ever put out the effort.

I respect their language & speak it somewhat basically (the tones I will never get).

Imagine conscripted police as they suggested recently. It's like sticking a Kansas farm boy in the ghettos of Miami.

At least the pathetic Boys in Brown won't be running a temperature of 110 F in those solar panel, STUPID leotard brown uniforms.

Foreign Volunteer Police would be very useful to assist but have no special powers over any other 'Alien.' Orange is a good highly visible color, so the they will be vsiible at great distance to the Jet-ski mob and the 'working girls' who will have enough time to bolt, before the mandatory weekly 'tax collection.' The police should not complain about the long shifts, as the 'girls' put in these hours on a regular 24 / 7 basis..... Walking the beat with radios on will be essential.

Edited by richard peters

"Foreign Volunteer Police would be very useful to assist but have no special powers over any other 'Alien.'" - quote

Actually, they do. When on specific duty assigned by a Thai police officer they have the power and authority to detain, restrain and bring someone to the police station just as a Thai police officer or Thai police volunteer has when any incident warrants that - and it is expected by RTP that they do so.

They were assigned to nightly beach patrols for a while but were re-assigned to a Walking Street duty by the current Colonel and that might last until April next year.

• Like 1

"Foreign Volunteer Police would be very useful to assist but have no special powers over any other 'Alien.'" - quote

Actually, they do. When on specific duty assigned by a Thai police officer they have the power and authority to detain, restrain and bring someone to the police station just as a Thai police officer or Thai police volunteer has when any incident warrants that - and it is expected by RTP that they do so.

They were assigned to nightly beach patrols for a while but were re-assigned to a Walking Street duty by the current Colonel and that might last until April next year.

Peter, will they do anything about the Jet Ski scam? Or will they be told to leave alone?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Four men to patrol a large beach 24/7. Another well thought out plan.

Where does it say that there will be only 4 - a photo in a newspaper or mag showing one policemen for example does not mean that there IS only one policeman in the country. The picture with the article happens to show 4 guys wearing the uniform as an example of what the new patrol officers uniforms will look like....

these guys arent volunteers, they all have guns, however I very much doubt that apart from the PR they will exist in reality, there was no sign of them on the beach tonight but maybe they were taking a well deserved holiday, but time will tell

Has this already been started? I got the impression that it is in the very early days so far, so perhaps it's not been rolled out in full yet.

I do think this is a great idea - the new high visibility uniforms look great, and obviously much cooler than the standard police uniforms. Well done! It would be great to see this put into practice at all tourist beach centres throughout the country.

these guys arent volunteers, they all have guns, however I very much doubt that apart from the PR they will exist in reality, there was no sign of them on the beach tonight but maybe they were taking a well deserved holiday, but time will tell

Has this already been started? I got the impression that it is in the very early days so far, so perhaps it's not been rolled out in full yet.

I do think this is a great idea - the new high visibility uniforms look great, and obviously much cooler than the standard police uniforms. Well done! It would be great to see this put into practice at all tourist beach centres throughout the country.

they were on the beach yesterday being filmed by a TV station, they were wearing guns so they arent voluteers. today the only police to be seen were the 2 in standard uniforms that attend the jetski scams opposite Mikes, if I may be so derogatory. I also think its a great idea, but weather they come out again is a matter of speculation indeed

Edited by slygeeza